Match Thread ⚽️ Bristol City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 4th Oct (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Bristol City vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Johhny Blue

Think change to the box with vik up top and bring in Eccles for godden.
Godden has been anonymous for most of the games so far. He’s a poacher than can finish but everything in the box is either aimed at Vic or run in by Vic so he’s become a bit of a bystander. I only remember one pass between the two of them.
Vic and Palmer worked well together yesterday.

PVA

We're going to have to make changes at some point during this intensive run of games.

I guess we'll probably go unchanged given the mini run of form but wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Rose, Eccles, Kane and Waghorn at some point

D

Deleted member 2477

Godden has been anonymous for most of the games so far. He’s a poacher than can finish but everything in the box is either aimed at Vic or run in by Vic so he’s become a bit of a bystander. I only remember one pass between the two of them.
I do think Vic is a bit greedy at times and will Shoot even when Godden or someone else is in a better position in the box to score

Philosorapter

Bristol City (1445P) Vs Coventry City (1336P)

9.0.3.gif

9.0.2.gif

Attachments

• 9.0.4.gif
    9.0.4.gif
    38.7 KB · Views: 24

Alex1987

Random one but getting down there early and was wondering what time the players usually arrive at away games?

NorthernWisdom

Unless someone has a knock, there’s no way MR’s changing the starting line up.
He said in his post game interview that Walker had been excellent in training, but they couldn't get him in tactically for Middlesbrough, so there's a chance he might come in for Godden.

Remains to be seen if Palmer's ready for two games in a week, too. You'd hope he'd be motivated for this one.

Londonccfcfan

Same starting 11, 4-1 to us with Palmer shushing them.

Let's hope it's better than the last time we played them.
Last time we played them hardly counts mickey mouse cup.

Did the double over these last year thats what counts.

Brighton Sky Blue

This, if all those are fit.

Win would be massive here, this month is going to be all about momentum good or bad. Things go well and before you know it we’re mid table with Hamer and O’Hare back and fit.

Keep picking up clean sheets too. Granted I think we have rode our luck in the last few games but that’s equalling out Moore’s clangers early on.

CDK

The box with Palmer alongside COH could be more successful pionts wise than 2 strikers and think it will be the case as giving vik more chances in a game the better especially when he's happy and in the mood.

Paxman II

Some good suggestions there. I just think Rose should come straight back in for Doyle as he has that understanding with Faz, and naturaly right sided. Walker for Godden maybe. Waghorn to add to the midfield sounds a decent idea if Godden is removed. Will Kelly be on the bench for a 60 minute sub appearance? Sheaf needs to up his game tbf, and Allen needs to play a second 45 not just a first.
One frustrating part of saturday was the lack of crosses when we had the ball at our feet. (Dabo particularly) Just throw it in there, don't take so mmany touches and delay. That's why Godden has looked out of sorts - no service.
Think we can win this though, but still worry we are edgy at the back.

edgy

Some good suggestions there. I just think Rose should come straight back in for Doyle as he has that understanding with Faz, and naturaly right sided. Walker for Godden maybe. Waghorn to add to the midfield sounds a decent idea if Godden is removed. Will Kelly be on the bench for a 60 minute sub appearance? Sheaf needs to up his game tbf, and Allen needs to play a second 45 not just a first.
One frustrating part of saturday was the lack of crosses when we had the ball at our feet. (Dabo particularly) Just throw it in there, don't take so mmany touches and delay. That's why Godden has looked out of sorts - no service.
Think we can win this though, but still worry we are edgy at the back.

The back 3 that started the last 2 games have conceeded 0 goals. No reason to change it.

AOM

Hopefully Palmer can get another start as he didn't play the full 90 on Saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's rested for Waghorn or Allen is moved further up again.

Do fancy getting at least a point here

Paxman II

The back 3 that started the last 2 games have conceeded 0 goals. No reason to change it.

Yes I am aware. However still stick by what I said. We got away with it a bit tbf in the last couple of games. Rose brings balance to the right and he is quicker than Doyle. Also has a few seasons of understanding with Faz. Faz worked his socks off last game marshalling Doyle and Panzo.

Bertola

Yes I am aware. However still stick by what I said. We got away with it a bit tbf in the last couple of games. Rose brings balance to the right and he is quicker than Doyle. Also has a few seasons of understanding with Faz. Faz worked his socks off last game marshalling Doyle and Panzo.

Have you watched Rose this season? He's been completely out of sorts an 18yr old (19 today) left footed lad playing his first season at this level has been far more secure... Dabo's form has also improved playing next to Doyle.

Users who are viewing this thread