Match Thread ⚽️ Bristol City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 4th Oct (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

View attachment 26439

Ffs, gave Gyokeres the benefit of the doubt with no way of playing Godden in but... 🤦‍♂️🙄

It might not look it but that’s pretty eye-of-the-needle stuff. Keeper could dive down to his right and collect, defender making the recovering run could cut it out, would have to be weighted so it didn’t go straight past Godden. Not really seeing it myself.

NorthernWisdom

It might not look it but that’s pretty eye-of-the-needle stuff. Keeper could dive down to his right and collect, defender making the recovering run could cut it out, would have to be weighted so it didn’t go straight past Godden. Not really seeing it myself.
Yeah that's a horrible pass to try and make. Better to shoot acrossthe keeper and hope the rebaound falls to him if you're that keen on getting the ball across.Imagine the horror, the horror! if a striker tried to make that pass rather than fancying himself to score.

Legia Sky Blue

I thought the same on the night. The passes that people seemed to think were on for him were not that clearcut and were as difficult as taking on the shot himself. If he had attempted to pass in this instance and hit it too gently so that the keeper or defender intercepted, or alternatively hit it so hard so that Godden couldn't have reached it would have probably brought him more criticism.

The one comment I remember reading that I did buy into though was that if he shoots everytime in these instances he makes the decision making process for the keeper and the defenders very easy to close him down, rather than cover the spare man. If now and then he takes the passing option he might buy himself a little more space to get a better finish in.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

The two passes that people are saying Vik should have made are fairly ridiculous. First one to Godden is an eye of the needle pass and the screenshot posted doesn't even have Viks foot at the ball, by the time he does, the covering defender has blocked it off, it was actually superb defending. The second one, he has just cut inside and beat two men, he isn't going to be able to look up, take his time and find the pass.

The same people moaning at him for shooting are probably the same people who were shouting "shooooooooooot" at Allen/Sheaf when they were literally on the edge of the centre circle D in the first half. You can't win.

Tommo1993

The two passes that people are saying Vik should have made are fairly ridiculous. First one to Godden is an eye of the needle pass and the screenshot posted doesn't even have Viks foot at the ball, by the time he does, the covering defender has blocked it off, it was actually superb defending. The second one, he has just cut inside and beat two men, he isn't going to be able to look up, take his time and find the pass.

The same people moaning at him for shooting are probably the same people who were shouting "shooooooooooot" at Allen/Sheaf when they were literally on the edge of the centre circle D in the first half. You can't win.

Its about best *possible* option though isn’t it. There are killer passes that Gyokeres could’ve made but I’d be particularly fuming at Allen if I was Godden. With Sheaf, he should shoot way more than he does at the edge of the box with a clear path between him and goal.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Its about best *possible* option though isn’t it. There are killer passes that Gyokeres could’ve made but I’d be particularly fuming at Allen if I was Godden. With Sheaf, he should shoot way more than he does at the edge of the box with a clear path between him and goal.
It definitely is about best possible option for sure, and I would say I wouldn't be expecting a player like Gyokeres to be making the killer passes. There is no chance Godden would, it feels odd that there is a sizable amount of people giving our best player stick for not being even better. Not denying that Sheaf shouldn't shoot more, I agree, he should, but when the 'shooots' started on Tuesday night they were about 35 yards from goal, and it makes a mockery of a rational conversation.

Brighton Sky Blue

Gyo has earned the right to be a bit selfish-he’s the one who’s got himself in the position in the first place by probably beating 2 or 3 players. It seemed to me really that Allen was breaking down our attacks more effectively than Bristol’s defence.

O’Hare finds Godden in that position who you’d back to score. Allen dallies around and gets bogged down then tackled.

hill83

Robins reckons he could/should have played others in anyway.

“No criticism, just maybe there’s another option and once he gets that in his game then we become multidimensional,”

Hertsccfc

Gyo has earned the right to be a bit selfish-he’s the one who’s got himself in the position in the first place by probably beating 2 or 3 players. It seemed to me really that Allen was breaking down our attacks more effectively than Bristol’s defence.

O’Hare finds Godden in that position who you’d back to score. Allen dallies around and gets bogged down then tackled.
Full credit to Gyokeres that he creates so many chances, but if he wants to play in the Premier league he has to be able to make the right decisions in these cases. I like a striker who backs themselves to score but he needs to be more aware of other options in these positions at times. I feel the first chance when he didn't pass to Godden was reasonable but he should have passed to (Walker?) in the second case. I think he is good enough to add this to his game.

Allen is ok in the deeper role, but he shouldn't be first choice. He can't play the O'Hare role though.

SheafIsGod

One day you will wake up and find yourself all trolled-out and also realise you are just one sad little individual and not multiple personalities.

I hope that day comes soon.
Robins out has never been a troll. He’s out of his depth.

Users who are viewing this thread