Match Thread ⚽️ Bristol City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 4th Oct (7 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

I could technically leave at 7:30 but might treat myself to an early finish and a few pints.

Liquid Gold

Either do that and go down the A369, which is generally a bit clear but goes round the country a bit, or come off at J18 and down the A4 which is more direct and some dual carriageway but can get busy.

Both come out right near Ashton Gate.
Whatever anybody does don't do M5, M4, M32 and through Bristol.

Takes an age.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I could technically leave at 7:30 but might treat myself to an early finish and a few pints.
I lived in your neck of the woods for four years, and if I were to move anywhere again, I'd move back in a heartbeat. I am very jealous. It has been gutting that when we finally play at the nice Bristol ground it's been COVID plus 2x weekday matches so I can't make the most of a return. Any recommendations on street parking these days? Happy to walk 20 mins or so. The last time I went was the JPT game and I parked in the terraced housing eg Avonleigh or Elmdale Road. Is that still an option or is there enforcements?

Johhny Blue

Some good suggestions there. I just think Rose should come straight back in for Doyle as he has that understanding with Faz, and naturaly right sided. Walker for Godden maybe. Waghorn to add to the midfield sounds a decent idea if Godden is removed. Will Kelly be on the bench for a 60 minute sub appearance? Sheaf needs to up his game tbf, and Allen needs to play a second 45 not just a first.
One frustrating part of saturday was the lack of crosses when we had the ball at our feet. (Dabo particularly) Just throw it in there, don't take so mmany touches and delay. That's why Godden has looked out of sorts - no service.
Think we can win this though, but still worry we are edgy at the back.
Why do I feel like I want to see whatever is the exact opposite of this?

Liquid Gold

I lived in your neck of the woods for four years, and if I were to move anywhere again, I'd move back in a heartbeat. I am very jealous. It has been gutting that when we finally play at the nice Bristol ground it's been COVID plus 2x weekday matches so I can't make the most of a return. Any recommendations on street parking these days? Happy to walk 20 mins or so. The last time I went was the JPT game and I parked in the terraced housing eg Avonleigh or Elmdale Road. Is that still an option or is there enforcements?
Yeah it would be great to have a big Cov contingent in town on a Saturday afternoon, I was gutted when the fixtures came out.

You're probably best around that way still, free parking anywhere south of North Street. You might just have to deal with pissy residents is all.

ccfc922

Would be quality if we can get 3 points to keep some form of momentum, especially as in theory we will get 0 on Saturday.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Yeah it would be great to have a big Cov contingent in town on a Saturday afternoon, I was gutted when the fixtures came out.

You're probably best around that way still, free parking anywhere south of North Street. You might just have to deal with pissy residents is all.
Haha, I will keep a low profile. Thank you!

Tommo1993

Will be watching from a nice little cottage in Croes-Ian, with a bottle of Sailor Jerry.

I’m gonna say both teams to do a goal, 1-1.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Evening lads , 1-1 draw McFadz with a header

Grendel

Yes. Hopefully we've booked KC and the Sunshine Band

I just think of Jeffrey Dhamer now when they are mentioned

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No surprise no changes.

Got to have worries on their ability to maintain performances going into a lot of games in quick succession and just hope it doesn't lead to any injuries.

I'll go with a 1-1 tonight.

Grendel

usskyblue

Unless someone has a knock, there’s no way MR’s changing the starting line up.

giphy.gif

lifeskyblue

A draw would be a decent result tonight. A win would be amazing. Can’t afford any injuries and with games coming thick and fast I hope MR is prepared to make changes earlier than he usually does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread