Match Thread ⚽️ Bristol City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 4th Oct (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Yes I am aware. However still stick by what I said. We got away with it a bit tbf in the last couple of games. Rose brings balance to the right and he is quicker than Doyle. Also has a few seasons of understanding with Faz. Faz worked his socks off last game marshalling Doyle and Panzo.

If we look at all the games Rose has featured in we look far more susceptible with him in the team than the current back 3.

With Rose: 9 goals conceded.
xGA 7.36 in 274 mins

With Doyle/Fadz/Panzo 0 goals conceded.
xGA: 2.94 in 243 mins

AOM

The back three were also the standout players (along with Bidwell and Gyokeres) on Saturday, so I'd definitely not change the back five unless we're forced to

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Agree the back 3 staying as they are i dread the thought of Rose with the form he's been in. replacing Doyle. As for Mc Fad marshshalling the 2 young lads didn't do it more than normal that goes on from him with all the defence even happened when Hyam was here thats what he does.I see Paxman11 you also ask if Kelly will be back on the bench for 60 minute sub. when was the last time MR did that unless the other team had just scored.

Legia Sky Blue

I would also keep the back 3 as they are, but with all these games coming up this month, Rose will have to play a part at some point, even if it is just as a sub to rest weary legs. I thought Panzo was out on his feet in the last 20 minutes of the Middlesbrough game and doesn't seem as '90' minutes fit as Doyle, so if and when that happens I suspect Panzo is the most likeliest to be rested.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hope we abandon the idea of pulling everyone back for corners Saturday we had the sight of Allen marking just about the tallest guy in their team when he would be more use standing on the half way line marked by 2 of their players.(3 less bodies in there) many a goal is scored from deflections.

I quite liked it in that away game at Rotherham where we had 3 or 4 players left up which in turn got them keeping a few more players back.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Same as all the players moving to 1 side of the field for goal kicks leave a player on the opposite side they need 2 markers especally if it was Vik mind you the form he is in at the moment 3 might be more like it

Matt smith

Some good suggestions there. I just think Rose should come straight back in for Doyle as he has that understanding with Faz, and naturaly right sided. Walker for Godden maybe. Waghorn to add to the midfield sounds a decent idea if Godden is removed. Will Kelly be on the bench for a 60 minute sub appearance? Sheaf needs to up his game tbf, and Allen needs to play a second 45 not just a first.
One frustrating part of saturday was the lack of crosses when we had the ball at our feet. (Dabo particularly) Just throw it in there, don't take so mmany touches and delay. That's why Godden has looked out of sorts - no service.
Think we can win this though, but still worry we are edgy at the back.
Rose is shit 😂😂😂

doyle looks good

SkyBlueSoul

Feeling a 1-1 here. Hopefully Palmer can start again, even if we only get 60 minutes out of him. By the sound of it Robins has liked the look of Walker so maybe him up top with Vik but other than that surely it'll be the same team.

Sky_Blue_Daz

listened to a bit on the radio last night sounds like Palmer has a point to prove . Might sound negative but I’d take a draw

GIMOC

Only change would be rest godden. Maybe bring in waggy. Give palmer a free role and run in behind the defence.

PVA

There will come a time when we'll need to make changes to keep people fresh but I guess that time is not now. Need to keep/build this momentum.

Only change I'd make as others have said is Godden for Waghorn or Walker.

Nick

Administrator
I think anybody who played in the cup game should feel like they have a point to prove and be out for revenge.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Can I POTG tonight?

....its looking likely I may have to collect a machine from Newport later today so would be rude not to....

jimmyhillsfanclub

"Sky Blues fans can purchase 1 ticket per Supporter Number. Tickets will NOT be available to buy on the day."

Ahhh....fuckety fuck fuck

GIMOC

What time everyone leaving at? We’re leaving at 4 but reading could be a nightmare getting into Bristol. Best to get off at the services at J19 I think

Liquid Gold

What time everyone leaving at? We’re leaving at 4 but reading could be a nightmare getting into Bristol. Best to get off at the services at J19 I think
Either do that and go down the A369, which is generally a bit clear but goes round the country a bit, or come off at J18 and down the A4 which is more direct and some dual carriageway but can get busy.

Both come out right near Ashton Gate.

Users who are viewing this thread