£5 tickets for Accrington - Community Day (3 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

I saw two days ago the top half of blocks 24 and 23 all of sudden about 1000 tickets sold there. In family area. Must have been to kids.

Theres about 5000 tickets easily left in East stand.

I reckon accrington wont bring more than 1k.

So they will be tucked in a corner.

With behind both goals full pf school kids, including 23 and 24 in family area.

Londonccfcfan

This means we haven’t sold many tickets doesn’t it? £5 a ticket and we’ve shifted about 3/4K?

Funnily enough I’ve had 2 people ask me to get them Brighton tickets but I bet they don’t even think twice about coming to this game.
If we have already sold 8k, i think thats easily highest home crowd figure this season in the league. Still over a week to go.

A) i hope all the kids turn up , if 75% turn out it will be an achievement. As on thhe day anything can happen or change or mind if you havnt paid for a ticket.

B) Hope theres no swearing chants going on with the stadium half full of kids. Wouldnt want them joining in.

So no chanting ...Tim Fishers a banker!
Or who the bleeding hell are you!

matesx

If we have already sold 8k, i think thats easily highest home crowd figure this season in the league. Still over a week to go.

A) i hope all the kids turn up , if 75% turn out it will be an achievement. As on thhe day anything can happen or change or mind if you havnt paid for a ticket.

B) Hope theres no swearing chants going on with the stadium half full of kids. Wouldnt want them joining in.

So no chanting ...Tim Fishers a banker!
Or who the bleeding hell are you!

or "you're flippin poo, you're flippin poo...."

Londonccfcfan

Will the official figure be the amount of tickets given away/sold.

Or actually the physical attendance?

The difference is likely to be 2 /3 thousand.

Nick

Administrator
Will the official figure be the amount of tickets given away/sold.

Or actually the physical attendance?

The difference is likely to be 2 /3 thousand.
I'm not sure how the freebies are working. I thought they are a voucher type thing where you apply if you want them rather than just handing out actual tickets.

pusbccfc

This will hit 28k. Loads of people will see 22,000 sold and decide they want to go.

Londonccfcfan

This will hit 28k. Loads of people will see 22,000 sold and decide they want to go.
I reckpon a sell out officially. With just individual tIckets dotted around available.

Dont forget every corporate will be sold as well as premium for these prices.

Its gonna be one hell of an atmosphere.

Easily the biggest since sell out vs Crewe a few years ago.

That was 10 quid. So that was massive achievement to shift 32k tickets at 10 quid for a midweek game.

Nick

Administrator
I reckpon a sell out officially. With just individual tIckets dotted around available.

That was 10 quid. So that was massive achievement to shift 32k tickets at 10 quid for a midweek game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the posh stand full across the top.

theferret

Some really cynical reactions to this on twitter etc. This is great news. There are 8 days to go and most people won't even have thought about purchasing yet, so not sure what point those people moaning about tickets 'sold' are getting at. Also 14,000 tickets given to schools won't mean 14,000 kids, many of those will have gone to adults who might otherwise have bought a ticket.

Nick

Administrator
Some really cynical reactions to this on twitter etc. This is great news. There are 8 days to go and most people won't even have thought about purchasing yet, so not sure what point those people moaning about tickets 'sold' are getting at. Also 14,000 tickets given to schools won't mean 14,000 kids, many of those will have gone to adults who might otherwise have bought a ticket.

Have you got any links?

pusbccfc

Will be interested what they do with the 300 or so Accrington fans.

Obviously it's one of the least likely games for trouble, but it will be annoying if they can't squeeze them into a small section to allow Coventry fans the majority of the South Stand.

Similar scenario happened for the return when we gave Gillingham 3000 seats and they sold a third of that.

pusbccfc

Exactly.

Each kid will have a parent or two with them. I bet most went to Wembley.

Liquid Gold

I think they get given a voucher entitling them to 6 free tickets which they have to exchange. They must be basing attendance on the number of actual tickets they've given out.

Nick

Administrator
I think they get given a voucher entitling them to 6 free tickets which they have to exchange. They must be basing attendance on the number of actual tickets they've given out.

That's what I heard as well. Makes more sense than just handing out actual tickets.

When they exchange they get the contact details too for the database ;)

Cavan O'Doherty

It doesn't matter how many tickets were handed out for free, 22,000+ to league two game is phenomenal. Just hope the players now turn up and don't freeze in front of a big crowd. Should be a cracking atmosphere!

Seamus1

Please forgive me if this has already been clarified several times before, but does the adult still pay the £5 when with the free child's ticket?

Well done though to all at CCFC for this, credit where it is due.

It would be good to see a £15 ticket day too. Maybe a 14k attendance at that price might just prove to be the sweet spot

Nick

Administrator
Please forgive me if this has already been clarified several times before, but does the adult still pay the £5 when with the free child's ticket?

Well done though to all at CCFC for this, credit where it is due.

It would be good to see a £15 ticket day too. Maybe a 14k attendance at that price might just prove to be the sweet spot
I think from what I've read it's free for the adult with the kid too, says it entitles them to 6

italiahorse

Bit different as a one off isn't it? Can see you are trying your best to keep on top of the thread in case too much positivity spreads, have a day off from it

I'm being positive.
Take a day off yourself or at least be consistent and criticise the moaners on here having a go at fans who have not committed to attend yet.

italiahorse

I think from what I've read it's free for the adult with the kid too, says it entitles them to 6

Hopefully there are not loads of people who just grab the six tickets because they are free and only might go.
If it gets full and people can't get tickets or are unable to walk up it will be a shame if there are gaps.
Sometimes there needs to be a small charge just to filter them out.

ccfcway

Hopefully there are not loads of people who just grab the six tickets because they are free and only might go.
If it gets full and people can't get tickets or are unable to walk up it will be a shame if there are gaps.
Sometimes there needs to be a small charge just to filter them out.

If the issue is some fans cant get tickets I would say the whole exercise has been very successful indeed

cov4theprem

It had nothing to do with guaranteeing a Wembley ticket either...

MatthewWallis

Obviously not including seasons tickets, I’m including tickets purchased at the price of £5

Users who are viewing this thread