Who Will Trade The Away Shirt (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Out of curiosity, how many people will take the club up on trading in last seasons away shirt due to it not lasting the intended two seasons ?

The fact they are doing the trade in, plus the fact that there were not that many made antway might might last seasons white away shirt a bit of a rarity in future, a bit of a "forgotten shirt"

Which of course isn't a terribly bad thing as the quality was horrendous anyway.

So I'm in camp keep the the shirt, due to having every home and away for over 25 years. How many people are trading ?

brinner

I used to collect the shirts, got all of them from the 80s up until about 4 years ago, last shirt I bought was the retro 1 with the old badge.

don't like giving our current owners my money, hence why ive only paid £95.50 for my season ticket this year :blue:

skybluelee

No way I'm trading mine in. Despite the shitness of the quality of it I collect them (40 shirts and counting).

Alkhen

I doubt its an actual trade?! more a case of you show proof of purchase and they knock some cash off the new one. What on earth would the club/nike shop do with 100s of sweaty old used shirts?

chiefdave

I doubt its an actual trade?! more a case of you show proof of purchase and they knock some cash off the new one. What on earth would the club/nike shop do with 100s of sweaty old used shirts?

People are less likely to trade in an old shirt so it makes sense. They can just donate them to charity or something.

CovisGod

Who would still have the receipts lying around ? I presumed it would just be a trade and as has been said probably donated

jimmyhillsfanclub

There's a good PR opportunity to donate them to a charity for Africa or something...

it certainly is....& its defo gotta be the plan cos the clubs current owners are superstar A1 top of the pops at PR......its very much a part of their skill set.....along with strategic forward planning & battering people in court....

armybike

From Waggott -

“But it’s only right that we recognise that supporters buying the white kit thought it was going to last for two seasons rather than one. We are working through all the detail around prices for the new kit at the moment and that will help to shape the discount we offer. I’d advise fans to keep their receipt or have some form of proof of purchase for when we announce the offer.”

chiefdave

From Waggott -

“But it’s only right that we recognise that supporters buying the white kit thought it was going to last for two seasons rather than one. We are working through all the detail around prices for the new kit at the moment and that will help to shape the discount we offer. I’d advise fans to keep their receipt or have some form of proof of purchase for when we announce the offer.”

Wasn't that from when they first said the away kit was changing. On the website today it says "The club will also confirm the details of the 2014/15 away shirt returns procedure on Friday."

cornoccfc

Don't really want to trade it, would prefer a simple discount on the basis of it only being used for half of the years intended.

Valid points about it potentially becoming a forgotten shirt too if everyone takes them back.

italiahorse

Just been down to get an away shirt and take advantage of the offer. I have last years away shirt signed by the whole Squad at Christmas.
Expected a £20 discount.

It was a Xmas present from my daughter and we don't have the receipt. I am also a season ticket holder. Despite this the offer was not available to me because I had not got the receipt. I could either hand the signed shirt in or have a ticket voucher.
Obviously I didn't want to hand the signed shirt in or as a season ticket want another ticket.

The explanation was that the shirts that were stolen may be being exchanged. I pointed out that I was unlikely to get the squad to sign a stolen shirt.
A £10 off was offered eventually but I declined on principle and walked out the shop feeling belittled.

More poor treatment of long term CCFC supporters. Perhaps a little common sense after what we have been through.
I was going to the match this afternoon but at the moment I feel like cancelling.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Didn't they say from the start the shirt would be handed in to send to Africa or proof of purchase?

Nick

Administrator
1. You bought the away shirt before 5th June 2015, you do have proof of purchase, and you are happy to exchange your white 14/16 away shirt:

You can get £20 off a new 15/16 red away shirt and a voucher for 2 tickets to a 2015/16 home league game.

2. You bought the away shirt before 5th June 2015, you do have proof of purchase- but you don’t want to exchange your white 14/16 away shirt*:

You can get a voucher for 2 tickets to a 2015/16 home league game. You will need to bring your white away shirt with you, so that the label can be marked to record that the offer has been applied to you.

3. You bought the away shirt before 5th June 2015, you do have proof of purchase and you’re currently a Season Ticket holder- but you don’t want to exchange your white 14/16 away shirt*:

You can get £20 off a new 15/16 red away shirt. You will need to bring your white away shirt with you, so that the label can be marked to record that the offer has been applied to you.

4. You bought the away shirt before 5th June, you do not have proof of purchase – and you’re happy to exchange your white 14/16 away shirt:

You can get a voucher for 2 tickets to a 2015/16 home league game. You will need to bring your white away shirt with you, so that you can exchange it so the offer will be applied.

5. You bought the away shirt before 5th June, you do not have proof of purchase – and you don’t want to exchange your white 14/16 away shirt:

You can get a voucher for 1 ticket to a 2015/16 home league game. You will need to bring your white away shirt with you, so that the label can be marked to record that the offer has been applied to you.

6. If you purchased the away shirt on 5th June 2015 or after:

You’re entitled to a voucher for £10 off a 2015/16 league match ticket price when bought in person at the CCFC Shop. You will need to bring your white away shirt with you, so that the label can be marked to record that the offer has been applied to you.

italiahorse

Didn't they say from the start the shirt would be handed in to send to Africa or proof of purchase?

Correct.
All I know is I have a shirt that should have lasted this season that was bought as a present at Xmas.
It's signed by the squad so didn't want to hand it in.
As expected my daughter does not have the receipt.

I'm over it now so Nuneaton here we come.

Mind you I won't give up on this :mad:

SkyBlue_Bear83

A tenner off is a good offer isn't it?

Personally I think they done a good deal, I expected them to say sod it if you didn't have proof of purchase. Anyone who bought the away shirt when it went on sale for a fiver can now get a ten pound ticket voucher.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Correct.
All I know is I have a shirt that should have lasted this season that was bought as a present at Xmas.
It's signed by the squad so didn't want to hand it in.
As expected my daughter does not have the receipt.

I'm over it now so Nuneaton here we come.

Mind you I won't give up on this :mad:

Do you not have a receipt or maybe other proof of purchase? Maybe bank statement if you paid by card?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Anyone who is wondering how to get proof of purchase, if you were a season ticket holder at the of buying, or have previously had any 'account' with CCFC (I would always get emails to confirm any purchases etc through it), you should be able to log onto the old CCFC shop site (not the new sports company log in) and get into your account / purchase history from there.

M&B Stand

Just been down to get an away shirt and take advantage of the offer. I have last years away shirt signed by the whole Squad at Christmas.
Expected a £20 discount.

It was a Xmas present from my daughter and we don't have the receipt. I am also a season ticket holder. Despite this the offer was not available to me because I had not got the receipt. I could either hand the signed shirt in or have a ticket voucher.
Obviously I didn't want to hand the signed shirt in or as a season ticket want another ticket.

The explanation was that the shirts that were stolen may be being exchanged. I pointed out that I was unlikely to get the squad to sign a stolen shirt.
A £10 off was offered eventually but I declined on principle and walked out the shop feeling belittled.

More poor treatment of long term CCFC supporters. Perhaps a little common sense after what we have been through.
I was going to the match this afternoon but at the moment I feel like cancelling.

How would the squad know if it was stolen?

Nick

Administrator
Can't see the issue with it, it's up there with the stamp falling off the envelope saga

chiefdave

Am I reading this wrong or is the complaint that despite offering more than they have said they would under the terms of the offer its still not enough?

italiahorse

Outrage!!!

Am I reading this wrong or is the complaint that despite offering more than they have said they would under the terms of the offer its still not enough?

You 2 should be running the club.
I'm entitled to £20 off an away shirt but because it's a present I'm offered a ticket voucher, even though I'm a season ticket holder.

chiefdave

I'm entitled to £20 off an away shirt

Sorry if I'm being thick but why are you entitled to £20 off?

It was a Xmas present from my daughter and we don't have the receipt.

Obviously I didn't want to hand the signed shirt in

You bought the away shirt before 5th June, you do not have proof of purchase – and you don’t want to exchange your white 14/16 away shirt:

You can get a voucher for 1 ticket to a 2015/16 home league game. You will need to bring your white away shirt with you, so that the label can be marked to record that the offer has been applied to you.

Isn't that your situation? So you said you didn't want the ticket and they offered you £10 off instead. Seems fair enough to me.

Nick

Administrator
You 2 should be running the club.
I'm entitled to £20 off an away shirt but because it's a present I'm offered a ticket voucher, even though I'm a season ticket holder.
They offered you a tenner off which was more than they had to didn't they?

You didn't want to hand the shirt in and no proof of purchase?

It's you in the wrong. They offered you ten off but they didn't have to, what's the big problem?

italiahorse

They offered you a tenner off which was more than they had to didn't they?

You didn't want to hand the shirt in and no proof of purchase?

That's the point.
If I had the receipt I would get £20 off and keep the shirt.
The assumption is in that respect that I stole the shirt.
They remove the label so you can only do it once.
This is a tinpot club at the moment.

Nick

Administrator
That's the point.
If I had the receipt I would get £20 off and keep the shirt.
The assumption is in that respect that I stole the shirt.
They remove the label so you can only do it once.
This is a tinpot club at the moment.

no, that's not the assumption. It says you need proof of purchase but you don't have it? It said that from the off didn't it?

I assume you went in knowing you had no receipt and didn't want to hand the shirt in?

Seems like they offered you something they didn't need to.

Point is, you didn't have the receipt so what's the problem?? Outrage for the sake of it, they even offered you something they didn't have to...

Users who are viewing this thread