Who Will Trade The Away Shirt (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

no, that's not the assumption. It says you need proof of purchase but you don't have it? It said that from the off didn't it?

I assume you went in knowing you had no receipt and didn't want to hand the shirt in?

Seems like they offered you something they didn't need to.

Point is, you didn't have the receipt so what's the problem?? Outrage for the sake of it.

I was told the receipts are required because of the stolen shirts.

Where else can you get the shirts from if they were not bought from the club.

Tin pot club I'm afraid.

speedie87

why do some people in life think that a clear set of laid down rules or instructions don't apply to them?

Nick

Administrator
I was told the receipts are required because of the stolen shirts.

Where else can you get the shirts from if they were not bought from the club.

Tin pot club I'm afraid.
It says you need a receipt, you don't have one. It said when they announced the offer.

You are in the wrong, they offered you something they didn't have to.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You 2 should be running the club.
I'm entitled to £20 off an away shirt but because it's a present I'm offered a ticket voucher, even though I'm a season ticket holder.

Well you're only entitled to £20 off if you can provide proof of purchase, I know it sucks for you but that's how it goes. Like I said earlier I was surprised they even offered anything to those who couldn't provide proof.

italiahorse

Hand it in if it's so tatty then? Simple.

It's signed by the team. !!!
Yes even the shop wanted to me to chuck it in the skip.
It is out of date 12 months early and the club know it hence the offer. You can only buy it from the club so the assumption is that because I haven't got the receipt because it was a present is that is stolen.

Surely you can see the problem ?

Tin pot club I'm afraid with no concern for fans.

Nick

Administrator
It's signed by the team. !!!
Yes even the shop wanted to me to chuck it in the skip.
It is out of date 12 months early and the club know it hence the offer. You can only buy it from the club so the assumption is that because I haven't got the receipt because it was a present is that is stolen.

Surely you can see the problem ?

Tin pot club I'm afraid with no concern for fans.

The problem is what you are trying to make isn't it really?

It said from the start you need proof of purchase, surely you would have known this before you went in?

Whinge whinge whinge, they offered you a tenner off, they didn't have to.

But it's another example of a fan coming on here being outraged but are in the wrong.

I want a free shirt and season ticket, if they refuse should I cry about no consideration for fans?

Why can't I get oap pricing, I'm not an oap but screw it

SkyBlue_Bear83

The problem with lack of receipt is also not just proof of purchase but date of purchase, people who bought after 5th June are not entitled to £20 off the new shirt (as after 5th June the shirts were £5 and people KNEW the shirt was changing)

If they just gave £20 off to everyone then with no questions asked then all the people who only paid a fiver and knew it would be changing would be getting money off the new strip for basically no reason at all.

italiahorse

The problem with lack of receipt is also not just proof of purchase but date of purchase, people who bought after 5th June are not entitled to £20 off the new shirt (as after 5th June the shirts were £5 and people KNEW the shirt was changing)

If they just gave £20 off to everyone then with no questions asked then all the people who only paid a fiver and knew it would be changing would be getting money off the new strip for basically no reason at all.

I actually put a photo on here on Christmas day so I will sort this.

View attachment 4010

I understand the logic but it was take it or leave it before I complained and then the offer of £10 was made.
Before that it was chuck it in the Africa sack, signatures and all.
A little common sense is required although if the majority of fellow fans call it a whinge whinge then we deserve the club we have.

AndreasB

I used to collect the shirts, got all of them from the 80s up until about 4 years ago, last shirt I bought was the retro 1 with the old badge.

don't like giving our current owners my money, hence why ive only paid £95.50 for my season ticket this year :blue:

We truly dont deserve you Binner.

ajsccfc

I don't have the receipt for my one so if I went over I'd expect to be offered exactly what they clearly outlined before the away kit was even available. I can't say for sure of course, but I doubt they'll have to drag me away kicking and screaming about a tinpot club accusing me of being a ramraiding accomplice. For fuck's sake.

italiahorse

I don't have the receipt for my one so if I went over I'd expect to be offered exactly what they clearly outlined before the away kit was even available. I can't say for sure of course, but I doubt they'll have to drag me away kicking and screaming about a tinpot club accusing me of being a ramraiding accomplice. For fuck's sake.

Are you happy that the shirt you bought in good faith that will last until the end of this coming season has been ditched a year early?

ajsccfc

Are you happy that the shirt you bought in good faith that will last until the end of this coming season has been ditched a year early?

Not particularly, but I'm fine with the options they made very clear several weeks ago for people who want to swap it though.

italiahorse

Not particularly, but I'm fine with the options they made very clear several weeks ago for people who want to swap it though.

I understand why they did it.
It's clear but it's wrong in many cases.
They sold an item for 2 seasons changed their minds and blame people for not keeping the receipt.

stupot07

This is comedy gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

You know you don't have to stop wearing it just because the kit has changed, my £40 Cov shirt has lasted me about 4 years so far.

.... and you got 2 years out of it before it went out of date. And you knew that when you bought it.
If they sold you a shirt for a 2 year period and then started selling a new one after a year they have misled you.

Grendel

It's my fault I can't get a discount because I never got a receipt with my present.
The intention by the club is to give fans a discount on the new shirt if they paid full value for the old one.

Which you have failed to prove.

By offering a discount that you were not entitled to the club have demonstrated excellent customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread