Who Will Trade The Away Shirt (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

.... and you got 2 years out of it before it went out of date. And you knew that when you bought it.
If they sold you a shirt for a 2 year period and then started selling a new one after a year they have misled you.

It was the relegation home shirt I have so it was only one season.

Then I wouldn't buy the new one, sorry was just pointing out that the change in kit doesn't mean the white kit is completely worthless now. If you liked it enough to buy it and you can still get good usage out of it then £40 well spend I'd say.

Grendel

It's my fault I can't get a discount because I never got a receipt with my present.
The intention by the club is to give fans a discount on the new shirt if they paid full value for the old one.

So the person who purchased it didn't get a receipt?

ccfcway

Just been down to get an away shirt and take advantage of the offer. I have last years away shirt signed by the whole Squad at Christmas.
Expected a £20 discount.

maybe I am a bit old school, but I have a signed shirt framed on my wall and am proud of it. Why would you want to give it away at all, but even if you did, surely you would get more than £20 on ebay ?

italiahorse

It was the relegation home shirt I have so it was only one season.

Then I wouldn't buy the new one, sorry was just pointing out that the change in kit doesn't mean the white kit is completely worthless now. If you liked it enough to buy it and you can still get good usage out of it then £40 well spend I'd say.

I only where it for Away matches and want to where the current one.

SkyBlue_Bear83

maybe I am a bit old school, but I have a signed shirt framed on my wall and am proud of it. Why would you want to give it away for £20, surely you would get more than that on ebay ?

As a season ticket holder he gets to keep the white shit and have £20 off the new one*

*If he can provide proof of purchase

ajsccfc

You could get a job at Sisu.

Or any other retail outlet who do the same standard thing. But yeah, anyone who doesn't support your whinging is a Timmy puppet or whatever lol

Did you threaten to stop supporting when you were there? That worked before.

ccfcway

not sure your doing yourself any favours here Italia.

Havent you saved a lot more than £10 with your season ticket ?

ajsccfc

Hi Currys, I'd like to return this item and get my money back

No problem, but it was in our half-price sale last week. Do you have the receipt so we can establish when you purchased it?

YOU FUCKING TINPOT CUNTS WHY THE FUCK SHOULD THE RULES APPLY TO ME I'VE BEEN BUYING VACUUMS FROM YOU FOR YEARS I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER DYSON AGAIN

stupot07

This really is priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

This really is priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I think that's what Italia wants - a shirt at no price.

stupot07

This thread will go down in SBT history, it's right up there with "the last time I saw her beautiful face..."

covmark

Haha, basically a 2 day moan session because Italia doesn't have a fucking receipt. Skybluestalk gold.

JimmyHillsbeard

1) the club switched manufacturers and suppliers this season. Whatever the intention they couldn't deliver on keeping the white shirt for another year

2) it was well publicised that a large quantity of stock was stolen from the club. Maybe they are being picnickitty on receipts to prevent people who bought a knock-off shirt ripping the club off again.

3) home shirts have lasted for a single year since the days of lecoq. Apart from the last home shirt which the club kept for two (well one and three quarters)

4) the previous away yellow shirt was used for three seasons. Maybe those who bought that ought to send extra money to the club?

SkyBlue_Bear83

This thread will go down in SBT history, it's right up there with "the last time I saw her beautiful face..."

Is it better or worse than Marlon King for England?

chiefdave

They sold an item for 2 seasons changed their minds and blame people for not keeping the receipt.

They didn't change their minds, they've changed suppliers. Obviously we weren't going to have a Nike home kit and a Puma away kit.

On your logic the costs of the shirt should pro-rata down after every game as the lifespan is reduced!

I don't understand why you think you are entitled to £20 discount. The terms of the offer are very clear:

You bought the away shirt before 5th June, you do not have proof of purchase – and you don’t want to exchange your white 14/16 away shirt:
You can get a voucher for 1 ticket to a 2015/16 home league game. You will need to bring your white away shirt with you, so that the label can be marked to record that the offer has been applied to you.

IMO the club did more than they had to, you didn't want what you were entitled to under the offer so they offered you an alternative.

chiefdave

There's a car park near the Ricoh that charges £3 for CCFC matches but £12.50 for concert parking.

Using italia's logic you could turn up for a concert and demand to only pay £3. Doesn't matter that it isn't the price that applies to you, its being offered to someone else so that will be fine. Sure that will work.

italiahorse

Or any other retail outlet who do the same standard thing. But yeah, anyone who doesn't support your whinging is a Timmy puppet or whatever lol

Did you threaten to stop supporting when you were there? That worked before.

If I find the receipt ..... am I entitled to £20 off the shirt as a season ticket holder?

italiahorse

There's a car park near the Ricoh that charges £3 for CCFC matches but £12.50 for concert parking.

Using italia's logic you could turn up for a concert and demand to only pay £3. Doesn't matter that it isn't the price that applies to you, its being offered to someone else so that will be fine. Sure that will work.

I'd take their word for it particularly if my records show they have been a good customer.

italiahorse

Read the conditions they put out weeks ago you fucking idiot.

3. You bought the away shirt before 5th June 2015, you do have proof of purchase and you’re currently a Season Ticket holder- but you don’t want to exchange your white 14/16 away shirt*:

You can get £20 off a new 15/16 red away shirt. You will need to bring your white away shirt with you, so that the label can be marked to record that the offer has been applied to you.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...6-league-one-2584619.aspx#uB3DPZs0ER4zbS0P.99

ajsccfc

You don't need to quote it to me, I read things before I go crying about how life isn't fair.

Astute

Yeah comedy gold.

So the few tops stolen which were size XXXL and bigger has now become a lot of tops stolen and of all sizes. Our club would have known about quantity and sizes. All I want is people within our club to be truthful to us. We know things are bad. Just let us know how bad. It would be much better than lying to us all the time. Get all the bad news out of the way and start again.

I do see it as a good offer. They are actually giving us choices. They have also given a reason for the moaners to enjoy themselves. Those that moan about a decent offer and those that moan about people moaning.

Hobo

Just been down to get an away shirt and take advantage of the offer. I have last years away shirt signed by the whole Squad at Christmas.
Expected a £20 discount.

It was a Xmas present from my daughter and we don't have the receipt. I am also a season ticket holder. Despite this the offer was not available to me because I had not got the receipt. I could either hand the signed shirt in or have a ticket voucher.
Obviously I didn't want to hand the signed shirt in or as a season ticket want another ticket.

The explanation was that the shirts that were stolen may be being exchanged. I pointed out that I was unlikely to get the squad to sign a stolen shirt.
A £10 off was offered eventually but I declined on principle and walked out the shop feeling belittled.

More poor treatment of long term CCFC supporters. Perhaps a little common sense after what we have been through.
I was going to the match this afternoon but at the moment I feel like cancelling.

I have to say, you have little to complain about.
1) The club made an offer they didn't have to.
2) Proof of purchase may be difficult for some fans, but some shirts were stolen and some were sold in a sale for a fiver; so understandable.
3) They have given you alternatives, hand the shirt in or a tenner off.
4) It is a present from your daughter and signed, two good reasons to be happy to keep it.
5) Football shirts change they always have done, so have a limited shelf life. It is a change strip so not used at every away fixture anyway.
6) You still have a shirt you can wear.

stupot07

Yeah comedy gold.

So the few tops stolen which were size XXXL and bigger has now become a lot of tops stolen and of all sizes. Our club would have known about quantity and sizes. All I want is people within our club to be truthful to us. We know things are bad. Just let us know how bad. It would be much better than lying to us all the time. Get all the bad news out of the way and start again.

It never said that only XXXXL kits were stolen:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ram-raiders-strike-coventry-city-7667288

Another four men on motorbikes took part in the raid which saw the thieves escape with large numbers of replica playing shirts and baby kits. Among the kits stolen are 16 of the club’s new white away shirts in size XXXXL.
And a quote from the investigating officer.......

“Among the kits stolen were 16 of the new white away shirts size XXXXL. If you’re offered one of these at a price which it too good to be true, you need to think about how that person came by them and what they’ll be doing with your hard earned cash.

Users who are viewing this thread