Who Will Trade The Away Shirt (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Wow. All fixed.

Having emailed Steve Waggot he just phoned me this morning.
This club is on the way up.

PUSB

Quite frankly, I think Waggot should be busying himself with things of far more significance and importance......not pandering to a whiney drama queen over a fucking tenner & a tatty t-shirt.....

...IMHO of course.

....but as they say....its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

Hobo

Wow. All fixed.

PUSB

You had better not be one of the new signings

italiahorse

Quite frankly, I think Waggot should be busying himself with things of far more significance and importance......not pandering to a whiney drama queen over a fucking tenner & a tatty t-shirt.....

...IMHO of course.

....but as they say....its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

As he says, it's common sense and could have been handled at the shop.
A few minutes on the phone on his way to the office costs nothing but goes a long way with me.
He's gone up in my estimation and what you mention above seems to be the plan for this week.

If we don't say what's wrong how can the club put things right.
Just needs to be done constructively.

Last edited:

italiahorse

I have to say, you have little to complain about.
1) The club made an offer they didn't have to.
2) Proof of purchase may be difficult for some fans, but some shirts were stolen and some were sold in a sale for a fiver; so understandable.
3) They have given you alternatives, hand the shirt in or a tenner off.
4) It is a present from your daughter and signed, two good reasons to be happy to keep it.
5) Football shirts change they always have done, so have a limited shelf life. It is a change strip so not used at every away fixture anyway.
6) You still have a shirt you can wear.

The club management agree with me.

Nick

Administrator
Wow. All fixed.

PUSB
Good he sorted it, have always found the club Twitter good also for support issues!

Could have been resolved without the outrage then, like most things if you speak to them ;)

Astute

It never said that only XXXXL kits were stolen:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ram-raiders-strike-coventry-city-7667288

Another four men on motorbikes took part in the raid which saw the thieves escape with large numbers of replica playing shirts and baby kits. Among the kits stolen are 16 of the club’s new white away shirts in size XXXXL.
And a quote from the investigating officer.......

“Among the kits stolen were 16 of the new white away shirts size XXXXL. If you’re offered one of these at a price which it too good to be true, you need to think about how that person came by them and what they’ll be doing with your hard earned cash.

You are more knowledgeable than me. So how many kits other than the ones that were XXXXL were taken? Sorry but at the time I can only remember the very big ones they couldn't sell. And all you have pointed out is the big ones. Why would the investigating officer and the CET only mention the XXXXL size? I know you are always right ;)

italiahorse

Good he sorted it, have always found the club Twitter good also for support issues!

Could have been resolved without the outrage then, like most things if you speak to them ;)

Most peoples point of contact is the sales team. That's who I initially spoke too and was unsuccessful.
Thanks for the support provided by fellow fans on this board in this matter, to which without I would have given up

stupot07

You are more knowledgeable than me. So how many kits other than the ones that were XXXXL were taken? Sorry but at the time I can only remember the very big ones they couldn't sell. And all you have pointed out is the big ones. Why would the investigating officer and the CET only mention the XXXXL size? I know you are always right ;)

I'm not always right, perhaps the officer pointed out the large ones as they are unusually large and therefore the hardest to sell, and therefore the easiest to spot? Or they were the majority that were taken 16 XXXXL but only 1-2 of the other sizes?

They said a number of kits were taken, and amongst them 16 XXXXL. It didn't say "a large number of kits were taken, they were all XXXXL"? Did it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I don't think it was just because of the break in, I think it was to see when it was purchased too wasn't it?

Grendel

Oh is this Astute fact number 3067 - I missed this one.

Astute

Oh is this Astute fact number 3067 - I missed this one.

Evening Grumpy.

I remember at the time looking to get my youngest lad one. I didn't want him to have a white top but he likes mine. The only ones that they had were big adults. So he didn't get one.

So how do you know that they had other sizes? Unless you are just doing your usual.

Nick

Administrator
Evening Grumpy.

I remember at the time looking to get my youngest lad one. I didn't want him to have a white top but he likes mine. The only ones that they had were big adults. So he didn't get one.

So how do you know that they had other sizes? Unless you are just doing your usual.
They did have other sizes, I watched somebody buy them for their kids. Not many granted but that was January time.

Users who are viewing this thread