Where do you think the stadium site in Coventry might be? (2 Viewers)

hill83

So am I to be fair. The 'wrong' side of the A46 for example doesn't really bother me.

Nick

Administrator
If I'm honest I'm open to something in the Coventry area within reason. Want a few pubs nearby and decent access by public transport.

Exactly, it is hard to judge without knowing exactly where it is.

No doubt if it is 10 yards outside the boundary people will kick up a fuss and get a Wasps ST instead.

Chipfat

It's all bollocks, the new guy can't walk into a meeting with Wasps with nothing other than a smile and a folder. He has to say the club is making progress and will leave if they dont get the deal they want. Wasps are in control sadly and will get the deal that suits them more so the club, i dont agree with Wasps being here but it's a fact and now the new guy has to deal with.

So like all those before him he needs to put up or shut up, do a deal or build a ground the only other option os to convince the owners to sell and get the CCC and other parties working for a common goal.

chiefdave

Confirmed as the Coventry area. Cracking start by the new bloke

Well we had a few hours of optimism!

As others have said I'm not too fussed if its just over the boundary. Move to, for example, the NEC and its a totally different prospect.

Poor all round, someone should have briefed him. When he said Coventry in the first place why didn't any of the press in attendance query it?

SonofErnie

Well we had a few hours of optimism!

As others have said I'm not too fussed if its just over the boundary. Move to, for example, the NEC and its a totally different prospect.

Poor all round, someone should have briefed him. When he said Coventry in the first place why didn't any of the press in attendance query it?

Can't be near to the NEC as it has to be within 8 miles of the Council House as specified by the Football League. Most of the sites mentioned are in or around the 5 mile mark, similar to the Ricoh (4.6 miles).

Steve_75

From the CT article: "It is understood the Football League will agree to a new stadium outside of the city boundary as long as it is within eight miles of Earl Street, where the Council House is."

That's an enormous area - just looked on google earth and that 8 miles takes you almost to the centre of Nuneaton, just about to Wolvey, Brinklow, Church Lawford, Princethorpe, the Lillington side of Leamington, Honiley, Balsall Common, and as far as the Stonebridge Island on the A45. Surprised (though probably shouldn't be) that the Football League would allow that far.

Hopefully, if it is to be outside of the CCC boundary, its bloody close to it. Although it would be nice if Anderson were to re-approach CCC to see if there is any chance of something happening inside the boundary. Lots of 'ifs' though - including the biggest 'if' - it actually happens at all.

GaryPendrysEyes

Wait a minute, after years of obvious BS, some on here still think that Sisu will invest £m's in a new stadium.
LMAO!

It is and always has been a bargaining lie, with the fans as collateral damage.

J

Jack Griffin

Can't be near to the NEC as it has to be within 8 miles of the Council House as specified by the Football League. Most of the sites mentioned are in or around the 5 mile mark, similar to the Ricoh (4.6 miles).

Ricoh is 4.6km from council house not 4.6 miles.

Not a good start from Prof Anderson, was he briefed by Timmy, there is a man I've always thought economical with the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gazolba

Could be anywhere, might be somewhere, will probably be nowhere.

B-Ban-Boogie

What about the grounds where Cov-Tech Rugby Club play, off Charter Ave in Canley?
There's tons of space round there...

cov tech.jpg

(*I have no idea really.. was just bored and using google maps... lol)

Users who are viewing this thread