Where do you think the stadium site in Coventry might be? (2 Viewers)

duffer

I think it is this one:

28558.jpg

Good photo mate, but blimey, you're a lot taller than I realised. :)

67tuck

...a 'Wasps Consortium' to buy ccfc is our only hope.... SISU have no money, nobody would invest multi-millions of pounds to build a 12'000 seater stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Next to Gringotts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You might not be far wrong, because if there is a Platform 9 3/4, then there will be thousand upon thousand of acres to build on.

Trouble is, no away supporter will be able to find it.

chinamans view

Somebody with plenty of cash will buy the ground and football club in a double deal, so we wont move. (but it might not be in our lifetime)

bringbackrattles

Old Courtaulds site, Old Church Road? I'm not sure if there's something on it now, but I think it's big enough.

I have serious doubts about the veracity of the idea though, as others have said, why would the FL need to get involved if it's within the city?

View attachment 4781
They are building on it as I walk past there a lot, but it is a huge space ideal for a new stadium.Then again I live fairly local so as I walk to the Ricoh on matchdays I would say that !

Nick

Administrator
On the note of the club talking to the council, it would be ideal if Lucas, Matton etc could be replaced so that Anderson and a new person at the council could talk afresh.

CJ_covblaze

In a meeting a year or so back Maton stated the largest site available in Coventry was the Dunlop and Meggitt site (even with a large amount of it already put aside for housing). Fisher replied that the size of that plot was no where near the size required. There were also problems with access.

Nick

Administrator
In a meeting a year or so back Maton stated the largest site available in Coventry was the Dunlop and Meggitt site (even with a large amount of it already put aside for housing). Fisher replied that the size of that plot was no where near the size required. There were also problems with access.

Wasn't that him just spinning though? He basically named a site, people went mental saying "SISU buy it etc etc" when it wasn't actually viable anyway.

NorthernWisdom

Personally, I think the only way we'll move forward is for the respective parties to disregard what the others have said ref: plots of land available, and size of plots required.

Clean slate, identify space, work together to claim space and build place.

(well, as long as it's not anywhere near my garden, anyway ;) )

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Knock down those bloody flats and houses in Swan Lane and rebuild it where it belongs! HIGHFIELD ROAD!

CJ_covblaze

Wasn't that him just spinning though? He basically named a site, people went mental saying "SISU buy it etc etc" when it wasn't actually viable anyway.

The details of all the sites were handed to Fisher by Maton across the table. I can't remember the precise figures but I'm sure Fisher wanted 75-90 acres. The available land at Meggitt/Dunlop was around 40-50. Not impossible but difficult. Key thing is, that site is the biggest and it's not big enough.

CJ_covblaze

Personally, I think the only way we'll move forward is for the respective parties to disregard what the others have said ref: plots of land available, and size of plots required.

How big is your garden?

shy_tall_knight

Love the idea of the Butts, great choice of pubs, would be tight but probably a great atmosphere. IMO the only realistic solution is to obtain a 50% joint stake in the Ricoh, will obviously cost millions but long term it will be worth it

olderskyblue

I don't think there's any land available along the Kenilworth Road NW....

Kingokings204

That's the point there isn't any space really. The Ricoh is the space and we need to own that. Yes wasps have it for now but with our promotion and wasps aren't pulling up any trees are they then we could be in a position to do a deal. Long term the only answer is for ccfc to own it.

Last edited:

Astute

There were more problems than you state. The main one being was that Fisher said they were going to build with a supermarket chain...on the lines of the Ricoh. But supermarkets are now closing stores not building new ones. So the finances of a new stadium fell apart.

At least Anderson has not made the same mistake as Fisher. He says he will let us know when something is happening but it won't be very soon as there are no plans in place. He doesn't want to get our hopes up for no reason. Then you have Fishers 3 weeks :facepalm:

Astute

On the note of the club talking to the council, it would be ideal if Lucas, Matton etc could be replaced so that Anderson and a new person at the council could talk afresh.

Talk afresh?

Just talking will be a major bonus. We got to where we are because SISU wouldn't talk. It all started when they had an offer accepted for the Higgs share but when it was time to hand over the money it all went tits up. 5.5m became 1m take it or leave it as they said the arena was worthless. And the 1m was because they were a charity. Then they said it was all about the freehold. Freehold or nothing. No negotiations. No talks. They only came to the table when they knew their plans had backfired and it was too late. And it isn't as though just one or two people at CCC has the choice on what happens. It would go to a full vote across all parties. The main differences now would be having Anderson to do some talking and not having the pot of gold available which was the Ricoh.

SkyBlueZack

Wasps only paid 5.5m for the lot. Yet you think sisu were wrong not to pay 5.5m for half? Not forgetting it would be the club paying wouldn't it? Well that's what people like to say when talking of a new stadium. How sisu will lumber us with millions of debt. How it's all part of their get rich scheme. Yet people advocate us paying over the odds for something we were already paying over the odds for. It's unbelievable

CJ_covblaze

Wasps only paid 5.5m for the lot. Yet you think sisu were wrong not to pay 5.5m for half? Not forgetting it would be the club paying wouldn't it? Well that's what people like to say when talking of a new stadium. How sisu will lumber us with millions of debt. How it's all part of their get rich scheme. Yet people advocate us paying over the odds for something we were already paying over the odds for. It's unbelievable

Wasn't it £1m and nothing towards the loan?

stupot07

It was £2m, which isn't that far away from what Wasps paid for Higgs share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

CJ_covblaze

martcov

£2m was the offer for the whole lot.

Whatever...what happened and whose fault it was is now irrelevant. We should look at it through Andersen's eyes. He is a statistician and expert on data analysis. Whether we do a deal with Wasps ( doing a deal with their investors indirectly) or build our own stadium ( which means doing a deal with our investors ) is dependant on CA's statistical predictions. These predictions will be based largely on attendance figures, which in turn will be effected by stadium location. The predicted attendance figures will be correlated to the income they bring ( plus stadium incomes ) minus the cost of renting the stadium from either Wasps or our investors. That is why CA needs this meeting with Wasps. TF will probably have some scenarios already calculated ( which will need checking by CA ). IMO

Nick

Administrator
Anyway, back to map locations of where the stadium could be before it ends up going down the other route :)

Astute

Try reading again what I said.

It was more about not wanting to negotiate. It was take it or leave it. They devalued the arena using us as pawns by taking us to Northampton. Them w@nkers from London negotiated and got what should have been ours. And also there is no need for a change in who runs CCC as it goes through all parties. They all voted against what SISU tried to do. Now SISU have brought someone new in that can start with a clean slate, although I would guess that it will be used more as a bargaining tool with Wasps than looking for a large plot of land that would have to be paid for as well as all build costs.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Users who are viewing this thread