Things that annoy you (22 Viewers)

olderskyblue

Must be the Halifax, given they did that to me ;)

Ha. No, it was HSBC... He apologised at least 4 times during the course of the 1 hour meeting, so I forgave him :)

skyblueinBaku

It's the paying shit loads of money for other people to have some dinner I don't get. I know people who are still paying it off 10 years later.
An ex workmate of mine paid £28,000 for his wedding. The marriage lasted 18 months.....

tommydazzle

People who say 'like' every other word, middle-aged men with earrings (more cringe-worthy than annoying to be honest), women with tattoos, BBC trailers for dramas already started, programmes that waste a third of the programme recapping and also telling you what's coming up later, situation comedy written by comedians that invariably isn't funny - even the Lee Mack thing is a bit gag telegraphed, the design of boot handles and hatchbacks that means they are always filthy within days of cleaning - why can't we have a pop out handle?, reality TV, soaps and talent shows, too thick marzipan on certain cakes, the loss of front gardens to car parking, obviously religion and its corruption of gullible minds, customer service agents who have been told to ask me 'if I'm having a nice day' or similar, fake tans, non-news on the news usually a celeb based item, football goal celebrations - a firm handshake should be enough, Christmas starting in September and the bone idle who leave their outside decs up for months, horse racing, shops that are too hot, public toilet cubicles without hooks for coats etc, assumption that everyone is on Facebook, assumption that everyone is attached to their mobile phone, celebs who think being ex alcoholic/drug addict makes them interesting instead of weak, boring and predictable, the car door thing - EWDustman - I always avoid parking next to vehicles which obviously contain children (stupid stickers and/or child seats) as the doors are often just flung open, obese people in leggings, fly tipping, tradesmen who never get back to you now that times are good, BT broadband and its rip-off pricing.

Apart from those not much else, I'm quite chilled.

Otis

Had to go there the other day, the spaces are way too narrow.
And herein lies another big problem.

People are buying bigger and bigger cars these days and they are now too big to fit properly into car park spaces.

Been a few councils say it's an increasing problem. Any car park that is 10-15 years old or more is going to have problems.

I see it all the time when I park in town. Cars too wide, or overlapping the allocated spaces

Some car drivers' answer is to make spaces bigger.

Yeah, okay, more and more cars on the road month after month, year after year. Let's make less spaces, which is what you are going to get if you make them bigger.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

People are buying bigger and bigger cars these days and they are now too big to fit properly into car parks.

Been a few councils say it's an increasing problem. Any car park that is 10-15 years old or more is going to have problems.

I see it all the time when I park in town. Cars too wide, or overlapping the space.

Some car drivers' answer is to make spaces bigger.

Yeah, okay, more and more cars on the road month after month, year after year. Let's make less spaces, which is what you are going to get if you make them bigger.

Sometimes if I can park bang in the centre of a space and it be tight getting out. Some car parks are ok though.

Cars arent too wide, if a space is too small for an average car then the space is the issue ;)

Otis

Sometimes if I can park bang in the centre of a space and it be tight getting out. Some car parks are ok though.

Cars arent too wide, if a space is too small for an average car then the space is the issue ;)
Depends what you call an average car.

The roads are full of what I call monster trucks.

Mind, everything is a monster truck next to my little Hyundai.

Nick

Administrator

Well yes, if you have a huge pickup or range rover you might struggle but some car parking spaces are silly.

Terry Gibson's perm

My wife again who drank a bottle of wine before going to bed and then was really grumpy when I woke her to tell her that we are one game from Wembley there was no need to tell me to fuck off

Monners

People who come on here and derail threads with stupid jibes at particular favourite members (I hope I haven't now just done this myself)

200w.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

On the car parks one know before you read on remember I have a disabled daughter.

Too many disabled spaces in some car parks that just sit empty
Not enough parents and toddler ones

fernandopartridge

I really fucking hate this fad of trying to have funky dances at weddings whether it be the bride and groom or the best men etc.... just friggin attention seeking bollocks

Yes, purposely avoided any such rubbish at my own, despite pressure from the bride. Load of bollocks. I chose the shortest possible song I could.

wingy

Heard this debated on the radio a few months ago.
Basically the industry/commentator response to the problem is that this problem will eventually be eradicated over time with self -park vehicles.
Failing that get yourself a motor with sliding or gull wing type doors. B-)

Nick

Administrator
Heard this debated on the radio a few months ago.
Basically the industry/commentator response to the problem is that this problem will eventually be eradicated over time with self -park vehicles.
Failing that get yourself a motor with sliding or gull wing type doors. B-)
Can't all be rocking lambos :( not just for tootling about town anyway!

Even if they self park, still doesn't make it easy to get out :(

shmmeee

I'm guilty of this. Bought my first SUV and it's fucking massive compared to most spaces. Guy who owns the martial arts place my daughter goes to has a fucking Hummer, God knows how he parks that anywhere.

wingy

Can't all be rocking lambos :( not just for tootling about town anyway!

Even if they self park, still doesn't make it easy to get out :(
No you get out before it parks itself.
He actually suggested they could be smaller still in the future due to this.
Big money in car parks, think some are valued at£14K per space if you have any spare doh to invest.

Captain Dart

Gazolba

People are buying bigger and bigger cars these days and they are now too big to fit properly into car park spaces.

<snip>
We need shrinking cars. I mean why do you need all that space inside the car when no-one is in there.

Users who are viewing this thread