The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (60 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

No, but anyone who celebrates anything to do with Brexit that might be negative, but couldn't stop crying when the referendum result was confirmed because they were worried it was the decision which would kill the country strikes me as a bit of a hypocrit.

It isn't even just you. It's a considerable amount of people who voted remain.

I don't think many remainers are celebrating the fuck up known as Brexit or the negative things to do with it.

Sick Boy

No, but anyone who celebrates anything to do with Brexit that might be negative, but couldn't stop crying when the referendum result was confirmed because they were worried it was the decision which would kill the country strikes me as a bit of a hypocrit.

It isn't even just you. It's a considerable amount of people who voted remain.

I am angry about the damage that will be done to our country. In no way have I ever or will celebrate. I do believe that those who lied about Brexit and who pushed for it should be held to account though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am angry about the damage that will be done to our country. In no way have I ever or will celebrate. I do believe that those who lied about Brexit and who pushed for it should be held to account though.

Of course.

What about the project fear brigade that are already showing that they were wide of the mark though?

You know, if the remain campaign would have been honest and humble, they would have won. 100% no doubt about it.

mrtrench

I have no idea if this can be supported by survey, but I think that the typical Remainer was born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Brought up in relative wealth: second or third generation of wealth and busy living the dream on inherited money (even if not actually inherited yet); never wanted for anything; university education from Mummy & Daddy's money. And yet those of us that inherited fuck all; who had next to nothing whilst growing up and were made to realise it in the playground in extremis; who had to work for every penny and yet even so made something of it; who refuse to be bullied and take the EU's shit; must be Neanderthal: must be racist; must be stupid; must be the enemy.

Apologies in advance; I've been sat in the garden drinking... but fuck you! We've had to fight for everything and we don't take shit from anyone, including the EU and Juncker. When a deal is bad we will walk away - especially from a privileged bureaucrat like Juncker. The middle class is so far removed from what is actually happening in the world, especially the under 40s who haven't ever had to fight for anything; that I cannot give a shit about their opinions.

So stiffen the sinews etc.

Sick Boy

Of course.

What about the project fear brigade that are already showing that they were wide of the mark though?

You know, if the remain campaign would have been honest and humble, they would have won. 100% no doubt about it.

I've already said on here that both campaigns were not good. The Brexiteers have also been shown to be wide of the mark and have openly lied to the public.

Sick Boy

I was born into a working class family (born in Radford). Must have put my X in the wrong box by mistake. Hey ho

I also came from a working class Irish family, oh well.....

I would also have zero chance of home ownership in the UK either due to a lack finance of deposit etc.

Sick Boy

I have no idea if this can be supported by survey, but I think that the typical Remainer was born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Brought up in relative wealth: second or third generation of wealth and busy living the dream on inherited money (even if not actually inherited yet); never wanted for anything; university education from Mummy & Daddy's money. And yet those of us that inherited fuck all; who had next to nothing whilst growing up and were made to realise it in the playground in extremis; who had to work for every penny and yet even so made something of it; who refuse to be bullied and take the EU's shit; must be Neanderthal: must be racist; must be stupid; must be the enemy.

Apologies in advance; I've been sat in the garden drinking... but fuck you! We've had to fight for everything and we don't take shit from anyone, including the EU and Juncker. When a deal is bad we will walk away - especially from a privileged bureaucrat like Juncker. The middle class is so far removed from what is actually happening in the world, especially the under 40s who haven't ever had to fight for anything; that I cannot give a shit about their opinions.

How embarrassing.....

mrtrench

Yeah well, as a mathematician I understand that 'typical' doesn't mean 'all'. I also understand that Irish doesn't mean poor. And, BTW, that an ellipsis has only three dots.

martcov

Of course.

Biggest propaganda was not project fear, but project blame everything on the EU. This has being going on since we joined, but more so in recent years as Europe was moving together. Some people obviously don't want a major trading block to work- for whatever reason..,

martcov

Don't we have bureaucracy in the UK? Don't we have the old school tie network, or is bureaucracy something new and unheard of before the EU? I seem to remember Britain being run by public schoolboys? Was that better? Throwing words like Bureaucrats out is just repeating the slogans of the gutter press... brainwashed

martcov

Of course.

Oh really? Are you suggesting leave won because they did conduct an honest and humble campaign? I think the public seemed to go for the campaign that lied and distorted the most, and the one that played on the fear of foreigners .... creating a feeling of Job insecurity and foreigners is a simple way of winding up the voters for demagogues... Farage and Boris were in their element.. as was Trump in the USA...their followers threw caution to the wind... now, who knows what will happen?

Gazolba

I still don't understand how the UK is going to be better off by leaving EU.
We won't have to abide by decisions made by bureaucrats in Brussels, we'll have to abide by decisions made by bureaucrats in London.
So it depends on whether you prefer the ones in Brussels or London.

martcov

We won't have to abide by decisions made by bureaucrats in Brussels, we'll have to abide by decisions made by bureaucrats in London.
So it depends on whether you prefer the ones in Brussels or London.

No. The question was about being better off or not- not on irrational nationalistic feelings..

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Biggest propaganda was not project fear, but project blame everything on the EU. This has being going on since we joined, but more so in recent years as Europe was moving together. Some people obviously don't want a major trading block to work- for whatever reason..,
Oh really? Are you suggesting leave won because they did conduct an honest and humble campaign? I think the public seemed to go for the campaign that lied and distorted the most, and the one that played on the fear of foreigners .... creating a feeling of Job insecurity and foreigners is a simple way of winding up the voters for demagogues... Farage and Boris were in their element.. as was Trump in the USA...their followers threw caution to the wind... now, who knows what will happen?

You are completely deluded and your hatred for the result has left you well wide of the mark on a lot of things.

I was a remainer originally, but the campaign was itself full of hatred, based on bully tactics, fueled by fear, and completely bypassed any good meaning of why we should be in the EU.

The leave campagin was far from rosy, but was nowhere near as dirty as remain. I mean, if the European Union was so good, why feel the need to play dirty anyway?

I always hear the same rhetoric: 'Leave voters didn't know what they were voting for, they were lied to.'

Barely anyone voted based on the words of Boris or Farage, they voted because it seemed like the right thing to do. As the days go by, I think the outrage at the result proves more than anything that the EU is something we can do without, and indeed should avoid.

Look at the behaviour from these children on the Brussels gravy train. It's actually comic. Don't forget that.

Captain Dart

C-v3LAbXgAAagHV.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-v3LAbXgAAagHV.jpg

Sick Boy

One thing I'm sure we can all agree was that May was talking rubbish when she said the people of the UK were coming together. British society is now going to be divided for the foreseeable future.

oakey

Of course.

Yes, you are right. The whole thing was and continues to be a Tory balls up.
The remain side was an utter disgrace, led by arrogant Tories and half hearted Labourites (who should have voted against having a referendum and voted against triggering article 50)
The whole thing has been a tragedy and will continue to be so. In ten years time all may be well but it's unlikely that it will have been worth the 12 wasted years and division and recriminations it has caused.
What we are seeing is an unnecessary leap in the dark. Anyone who tries to stop that leap or urge caution is denounced as a traitor, an enemy of the people, remainer , remainiac etc.
I hope it turns out well in the end, I really do, but I hate this nastiness and anti-EU, "let's hope it crashes and burns so we can say we were right to leave" nonsense. The whole thing is a nightmare IMO

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes, you are right. The whole thing was and continues to be a Tory balls up.
The remain side was an utter disgrace, led by arrogant Tories and half hearted Labourites (who should have voted against having a referendum and voted against triggering article 50)
The whole thing has been a tragedy and will continue to be so. In ten years time all may be well but it's unlikely that it will have been worth the 12 wasted years and division and recriminations it has caused.
What we are seeing is an unnecessary leap in the dark. Anyone who tries to stop that leap or urge caution is denounced as a traitor, an enemy of the people, remainer , remainiac etc.
I hope it turns out well in the end, I really do, but I hate this nastiness and anti-EU, "let's hope it crashes and burns so we can say we were right to leave" nonsense. The whole thing is a nightmare IMO

Agreed, but as I've said above, there is also a strong 'I hope Brexit fails' rhetoric, which seems to fit alongside the current fashionable trend of hating your own country.

I wish the nonsense would stop. We need to get our house in order, and any criticism we have should be constructive.

SIR ERNIE

Yes... thought you'd like that.... take your blue passport and your pounds and ounces, along with your pounds shillings and pence, and negotiate with your mates Trump and Bannon.... Trump knows how to negotiate with people in a weak position...

gibberish

SkyblueBazza

May hasn't got a clue about what she is doing. There are going to be plenty who are going to be in for a shock once things kick off. I see the 'they need us to sell their BMWs and cheese to' rubbish that was spouted on here has been shown up for what it is is, rubbish!
I think you mean YOU haven't got a clue what she is doing. She is hardly going to tell anybody her bargaining position(s). There will be a priority list.
And if you really think the French don't want to sell us (a 62m relatively wealthy market) their wine & cheese, & the Germans their BMWs at at a competetive price, I think you are quite mad

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

He said that "Brexit cannot be a success", which I took to mean that both the UK and EU will be harmed by it.
Those words in isolation can be construed in at least 3 ways.
1. What you said
2. Britain surely cannot succeed out of the EU
3. I shall do whatever I can to thwart a successful Brexit

SkyblueBazza

Successive governments have ruled by fear...so usually win on fear factors.

Our be auroras are now going to have to find another gear & become more accountable & more efficient. They can no longer blame the EU for bad stuff. But there are many more be autocratic in place than alone we will need. So central government costs will in 10yrs time most likely be relatively less...so either we get lower taxes, or more on health & education...or whatever

SkyblueBazza

One thing I'm sure we can all agree was that May was talking rubbish when she said the people of the UK were coming together. British society is now going to be divided for the foreseeable future.
60m+ people are never going to be united on anything. The majority vote wins the day...which is why we are leaving

martcov

Successive governments have ruled by fear...so usually win on fear factors.

Our be auroras are now going to have to find another gear & become more accountable & more efficient. They can no longer blame the EU for bad stuff. But there are many more be autocratic in place than alone we will need. So central government costs will in 10yrs time most likely be relatively less...so either we get lower taxes, or more on health & education...or whatever

Central government costs and our bureaucracy have just risen enormously to handle brexit. Civil servants are being recruited and we have a whole new ministry which will be busy for at least the next 10 years on a project which we don't even know will make us better off.

Users who are viewing this thread