Sky Blues snap up striker (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Not good enough for sheff utd!

Don't hold your breath

Ohh my.

Bailey-"not good enough for derby"
Goldie-"not good enough for forest"
Moussa-"not good enough for Leicester"

Stupid comment just because they didn't do it somewhere else doesn't mean they can't do it here

mark82

Can we give the lad a chance. Clearly he is being signed as a potential future player. He has 6 months to earn a longer contract. Why do we always right off every signing before they have kicked a ball? Robins has obviously seen something.

AFCCOVENTRY

Sheffield United... The same club who think Michael Doyle is a key midfield player...

Robins like intelligent footballers

stupot07

Ohh my.

Bailey-"not good enough for derby"
Goldie-"not good enough for forest"
Moussa-"not good enough for Leicester"

Stupid comment just because they didn't do it somewhere else doesn't mean they can't do it here

I agree, although the difference is they weren't good enough for the league above, where as a team in our league have released this lad.

stupot07

Can we give the lad a chance. Clearly he is being signed as a potential future player. He has 6 months to earn a longer contract. Why do we always right off every signing before they have kicked a ball? Robins has obviously seen something.

I will give the lad a chance, but it really depends on why he was signed - if it was to have a proper look at him as a future signing fair enough, but if he's been brought in to beef up our attack then the pressure will be on him from the start.

Otis

Yep.

Who knows, he may just the piece of the jigsaw we need.

If Robins rates him I'm very happy to have him onboard.

Nonleagueherewecome

Ohh my.

Bailey-"not good enough for derby"-IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Goldie-"not good enough for forest"-IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Moussa-"not good enough for Leicester" -IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Danny Philliskirk-"not good enough for Sheff U (IN L1) or Oxford Utd (IN L2).

We're not in The Championship, we're in L1, so of course players not up to Championship standard can do a job for us. But signing a player who couldn't get a game in L1 or L2? That's why people feel underwhelmed.

6 Generations

if he can kick a ball with any technique hes instantly better than leon

Do you mean Best or McKenzie?
Surely not the guy who scored twice to take the points at Bramall Lane last Friday. Bill Shankly described our own Bobby Gould as a player who 'couldn't trap a bag of cement.'
He wasn't there to play football, he was there to score goals. That's what he did and so does Leon Clarke.

eyeseye_us

Fernando torres ....chelsea signed him based upon his skill and goal scoring ability , was a hero at Liverpool. Hmmmmm . So you would think he would guarantee huge goal tally the minute he stepped foot onto chelseas pitch , right.?!!!give Danny a chance.robin's sees something or he would have jogged on.

Grendel

You can never tell. As someone mentioned the other day look at Kieth Houchen. A player who could not score goals two levels lower than ours at the time.

Skybluedar

This is a guy that Chelsea felt had potential not too long ago. Like previous posters mentioned, McGoldrick was being practically thrown out of Forest with claims that he wasn't good enough for Championship level and look at him now. The short term contract is the only option. If he is good and signs like Moussa great, if he is good and moves on, at least we have the benefit of the 5 month deal, if he is useless he won't be extended.

Is it a transfer to get overly excited about? Not straight away. However Robins has done well with the ins and outs at the club so far and I'm willing to give this lad some time before I decide if it was a good signing or not. 2 weeks time we could be calling for SISU to offer him a 3 year deal. If he is intelligent and with pace, he will stand out a mile at this club. PUSB

covboy9

Do you mean Best or McKenzie?
Surely not the guy who scored twice to take the points at Bramall Lane last Friday. Bill Shankly described our own Bobby Gould as a player who 'couldn't trap a bag of cement.'
He wasn't there to play football, he was there to score goals. That's what he did and so does Leon Clarke.

Clarke. I get your point, a fair point. i'll take both goals from friday no matter how they go in, i'm sure clarke knew exactly what he was doing for his 1st:whistle:

wingy

Can he put pressure on others ,where to fit in,5ft 10in ,11st,left or right footed ,could he say put pressure on mcsheff??

Otis

Only if he squashes him between two double doors and throws all his weight behind them.

RichieGunns

I don't think this lad has been handled well by the clubs he's played for before.

That could be a good reason why he hasn't done so well for his previous clubs!

Robins is an ex striker and has worked under one of the best football managers in the world.

I'm happy with this signing because I believe in MR and if MR has seen something in Philliskirk then I'm happy to welcome him here with open arms!

I hope he plays on Saturday and puts all you doubters to shame ;)

PUSB!

shropshirecov

Good luck to the lad, really hope it works out.

Dunno how true it is but apparently Paterson from Walsall was telling his mates city were in for him last month.

kg82

Clarke. I get your point, a fair point. i'll take both goals from friday no matter how they go in, i'm sure clarke knew exactly what he was doing for his 1st:whistle:

He was probably, at a guess, trying to score. Lo and behold, he did!

fjjames1

Saw him play at Nuneaton last week, he played left side ( Macsheffry role). I thought that he did ok, likes to have a shot on goal any where around the penalty area, either foot.

Sutty

Was Chelsea under 18s captain at one point, must have had something about him.

I certainly won't be writing him off before I've seen him play a second of football.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Im sure he'll be on cheap wages, short term contract so we can look at him in competitive games rather than just poxy reserve / u21 fixtures, making cameo appearances trying to earn a contract!

What's the problem?

As mentioned above, chances are he might turn out like Moussa - a decent find by the club!

Give the kid a chance! If it dont work out, atleast we won't have to hold on to him for year on year until his contract expires ala ROD, Malaga etc

stupot07

Hes had ample of chances though!

He wasnt signed up for a club too big for him and knocked back!

Jeffers couldn't make it at Tamworth FFS! No comparison imo!

Chelsea must have seen something

And this lad made no impact at Oxford and released by a club in our league and Jeffers is a year younger.

Big clubs sign up loads of youngsters that don't make it - they signed a lad off a bleeding reality tv show.

If we've signed him to have a look at him for the future, then that's fair enough, but the pressure will be on if he's here to push sheffers for a spot in the team.

Last edited:

Lord_Nampil

Danny Philliskirk was signed by Chelsea at the age of 16 in a deal worth up to £2 million! Hes played in total 13 games in his career, something which seems to me hasn't really got started yet, alot like the Juke it seems he needs to find his feet, and if the potential Chelsea saw in him at 16 comes off then suddenly we have taken a gamble thats worked!

RichieGunns

I think some people are just cautious because of the bad signings we've had over the past few years which is understandable.

OR!

They just like to whine about everything and this is just another excuse to do so!

Either way! Give the lad a chance and stop looking at his past for answer, look to the present and the future he may have with our club!

stupot07

Danny Philliskirk was signed by Chelsea at the age of 16 in a deal worth up to £2 million! Hes played in total 13 games in his career, something which seems to me hasn't really got started yet, alot like the Juke it seems he needs to find his feet, and if the potential Chelsea saw in him at 16 comes off then suddenly we have taken a gamble thats worked!

Juke had played just over 90 first team games and 17 goals prior to us signing him.

Grendel

Juke had played just over 90 first team games and 17 goals prior to us signing him.

I tend to agree it looks rather odd but it cost us nothing.

He will probably score as many as Alex Nimeley and some think he is a God!

Users who are viewing this thread