Sky Blues snap up striker (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

stupot danny philliskirk was born in coventry

you can praise him when he doesnt deserve it now

everyones happy:claping hands:

CovLis86

Not really - most people were happy with Clarkes signing and he joined on the back of a very successful spell where he scored 11 in 15 for Sc-unithorpe and already had a good league one record.

And then becauae he didnt score a hatrick on his debut lots got on his back and said he was shite.

ajsccfc

covboy's still maintaining that Clarke somehow scores by accident. He's had quite a lot of accidental flukes if that's the case, it's almost as if he's in the right position like a striker should be.

We should all be thankful that we are clearly looking to stengthen and have a manager that can develop and bring the best out in players. Comments like great....never made it before etc etc could just be down to managers not being able to unlock potential or not getting enough service. :facepalm: We shouldn't write anybody off that has been picked by MR IMO.

Astute

Finances at clubs is changing. Clubs are having to get rid of players before they can sign more. Just the same as we have got rid of some ourselves. Some clubs will have some hard decisions to make if they want to improve their 1st team.

GaryPendrysEyes

Sisu have seen the potential of 30k+ at the Ricoh and the excitement/revenue a bit of success would create, we are within a sniff of the playoffs and they have decided to back the manager with that extra bit of money for a striker that could make all the difference in the run in.

Nah.:whistle:

RichieGunns

The negativity is back everyone!

Quick hide your son's and daughters, it might turn them into negative little feths with no positivity left in their body!

The next generation of Sky Blue fans affected with the previous generations apathy and negative outlooks!

Seriously people, just give the lad a chance!

Sometimes I just want to shoot every negative feth in the place! lol

Otis

Yeah, fuck Philliskirk! Still hasn't scored for us, the waster.

Dear Points of View

I am unhappy about the signing of Danny Philliskirk. Not just signing him either, but signing him for nothing! What an outrage!

He's never scored for us. He's also got dodgy hair and I don't like the shape of his ears. I am totally underwhelmed by a player I have never seen play before.

I am a Coventry City fan I always look for the negatives in everything!

Sort it out or I will withdraw my tv licence fee.

Disgruntled of Eastern Green.

Donnie Brasco

The lad has failed to score in 13 senior appearances. I'm sure MR knows a good striker though. Good luck to the lad. Lets hope he can be our new Huckerby.

ajsccfc

Worth bearing in mind that he's started a grand total of two games in his entire professional career thus far.

RichieGunns

Worth bearing in mind that he's started a grand total of two games in his entire professional career thus far.

Stop picking holes and shut up lol

We know your a negative idiot, you don't need to keep pointing it out :p

(That was said in jocular tones so don't take offence...but please stop none the less!)

Donnie Brasco

Errm no he's played 13 and scored no goals. as per my post just above yours.

As of 7 February 2013

1 at Oxford (league 2)2010-11
6 at Sheffield United (Championship) 2010-11
2 at Sheffield United (League 1) 2011-12
4 at Oxford (League 2) 2011-12

Last edited:

kg82

As of 7 February 2013[14]ClubSeasonLeagueFA CupLeague CupOther[A]TotalDivisionAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsChelsea2009–10Premier League00000000002010–11Premier League0000000000Oxford United (loan)2010–11League Two1000000010Sheffield United (loan)2010–11Championship3000000030Chelsea Total0000000000Sheffield United2011–12League One00001020302012–13League One1000001020Oxford United (loan)2011–12League Two4000000040Sheffield United Total1000103050Coventry City2012–13League One0000000000Total0000000000Career totals90001030130

Played 13 maybe, but he stated he's started 2 games. Probably came on as sub in the other 11.

ajsccfc

As of 7 February 2013

Played 13, but I'm talking starts, as per my post that you quoted.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=53012

It's actually 3, but in one he came off before half an hour had been played. Another he came off at half-time, the longest he played otherwise was slightly less than an hour. The games he's come on, he's rarely done so before the last few minutes.

Donnie Brasco

:p
Played 13, but I'm talking starts, as per my post that you quoted.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=53012

It's actually 3, but in one he came off before half an hour had been played. Another he came off at half-time, the longest he played otherwise was slightly less than an hour. The games he's come on, he's rarely done so before the last few minutes.

So what we are saying is he hasn't played much and it'll be good to see him getting a chance. :p

ajsccfc

Exactly. He hasn't scored a professional goal, but coming on with 89 mins on the clock won't help his stats in that respect. He might end up crap, but we should let him be crap before deciding.

Otis

As of 7 February 2013

That just shows his career has been stop start. Sometimes it takes time for a player to establish himself. The odd few games here and there is hardly going to help is it!

Users who are viewing this thread