Sky Blues snap up striker (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Danny Philliskirk-"not good enough for Sheff U (IN L1) or Oxford Utd (IN L2).

We're not in The Championship, we're in L1, so of course players not up to Championship standard can do a job for us. But signing a player who couldn't get a game in L1 or L2? That's why people feel underwhelmed.

how did we know goldie or moussa could do a job though? they have neve proven themselves at this level.

He's played 10 senior games most of them probably of the bench. so if he's neve been given a chance then how do we know if he's good enough? if he was at chelsea then surely he has talent or he wouldn't have been there.

stupot07

how did we know goldie or moussa could do a job though? they have neve proven themselves at this level.

He's played 10 senior games most of them probably of the bench. so if he's neve been given a chance then how do we know if he's good enough? if he was at chelsea then surely he has talent or he wouldn't have been there.

Lee sawyer......

CJparker

The new Freddie Eastwood?

The new Cody McDonald?

The new Rod O'Donovan?

Place bets now!!!

stupot07

Jack Cork...

Yeah I liked jack cork, but my point was that not all players that come from the big 4-5 youth teams are good - sawyer, Neil wood, Eddie Johnson even graham Barrett.

Good luck to him, I hope he does well. If he does well that's good for the club.

CovMatt1987

I think there's no point in any of us commenting on whether this is a good signing or not - he hasn't played enough games for us to be able to judge him. The only thing to go by is Mark Robins wants to sign him - so that to me is a good sign.

anything anyone else says is just speculation as to how he will do. so lets just say welcome and good luck!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Robins has had him on trial for a while now so it isn't as if he has signed him on a whim

Robins must think he is worth a short term deal

Mucca Mad Boys

He isn't going to start now and he'll be 3rd choice, chill everyone.

I hope he does well, as with every signing.

Ash

Wish him the best, as others have said Robins has obviously seen something in him that he likes so we'll just have to wait and see how he does for us.

shy_tall_knight

Shaun Jeffers - will be 21 in April, Robins surely doesn't rate him as he hasn't been anywhere near the matchday squad, if Callum Ball is higher up the pecking list then he must know his career is over.

rob9872

Risk v reward.

I see very limited risk here and there is potential for great reward. Unlikely he will be the next big thing, but there is a possibility he could do a decent job for us and certainly not a massive gamble to take. Good luck and welcome.

ccfcway

if this chap is on 2k a week, he will cost us 40k until the seaosn ends....

Its hardly cuase for concern.......

RichieGunns

Has there been anything doing with Madine loan.

Would be happy with a loan to the end of the season.

However I don't think he would cut it in the championship

Madine has said no to at least four loan offers from different clubs.

He wants to fight it out for a place in Wednesdays starting 11!

So I doubt he's going to come here!

dongonzalos

Madine has said no to at least four loan offers from different clubs.

He wants to fight it out for a place in Wednesdays starting 11!

So I doubt he's going to come here!

I didn't know that.

Good luck to him, personally I don't think he has the quality to be a top striker in the championship.

League one, yes, u there no

TommyZoom

Fingers crossed for the lad, sometimes new blood can give the team an extra boost.

Why is it by the way that only strikers are judged by statistics? People always bang on about goals:game ratios etc? Yes, obviously it's their job to score but we never compare pass completions when we sign a new midfielder or how many goals a keeper has let in etc.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

I think some people are just cautious because of the bad signings we've had over the past few years which is understandable.

OR!

They just like to whine about everything and this is just another excuse to do so!

Either way! Give the lad a chance and stop looking at his past for answer, look to the present and the future he may have with our club!

Think is probably the latter. There seems to be a nucleus of fans that want to whine about any signing, decide a player is not good enough for us before he has even played etc. Looking back over the time mcgoldrick was brought in there was the same thing, not quick enough,doesn't score enough goals all on past history.

Sometimes it is just about a player finding a club they fit into. Totally agree, why not welcome a player for once and let him play some games before we make a snap decision.

CovLis86

Good luck to the lad. Obviously something there or chelsea wouldnt have signed him up before. Minimal risk and as it stands he goes in as 3rd choice striker for free.

mattylad

signed on a cheap 4 month deal to play in the development squad, seems fair enough to me. Anyone remember Gary Madine as a youngster? wonder how many now wish we had signed him a few years ago rather than at short glance decide he wasn't good enough

ajsccfc

Players are released for all kinds of reasons. The idea of writing him off based on what can only be guesswork is needless.

rupert_bear

Is it me or am i getting the feeling a number on here want young Philliskirk to fail and are they the same ones who were negative about McGoldrick and for that matter Mark Robins ?

CovLis86

Is it me or am i getting the feeling a number on here want young Philliskirk to fail and are they the same ones who were negative about McGoldrick and for that matter Mark Robins ?

Yes they are called coventry city fans! A natural breed of pessimistic whingers!

rupert_bear

Don't be a clown, no one is wanting anyone to fail.
Not many positives though is there, here we have a young kid snapped up for fuck all, probably on low wages and possibly only here until May. Obvious had potential once thats why Chelski signed him There was the same negativity surrounding Leon Clarke, still is yet he has delivered important goals in his short time here. Just give these players a chance ffs!

covcity4life

Not many positives though is there, here we have a young kid snapped up for fuck all, probably on low wages and possibly only here until May. Obvious had potential once thats why Chelski signed him There was the same negativity surrounding Leon Clarke, still is yet he has delivered important goals in his short time here. Just give these players a chance ffs!

agreed:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

stupot07

Not many positives though is there, here we have a young kid snapped up for feck all, probably on low wages and possibly only here until May. Obvious had potential once thats why Chelski signed him There was the same negativity surrounding Leon Clarke, still is yet he has delivered important goals in his short time here. Just give these players a chance ffs!
Not really - most people were happy with Clarkes signing and he joined on the back of a very successful spell where he scored 11 in 15 for Scunthorpe and already had a good league one record.

Users who are viewing this thread