Rory didn't fancy it! (1 Viewer)

Moff

Has there ever been a player who didn't give the appearance of being excited about signing for a new club?
The ground?
The fans?
The professional setup?
The club being a sleeping giant?

oh .....

Short memory HF, not so long ago you were a two bit club playing in a dump. You wont always be riding the crest of a wave.

Oh and do you think Kevin Phillips came to Leicester for any of those reasons, as if so you are seriously deluded, he just wanted the filthy cash on his last big payday.

Johnnythespider

We should have signed McPartlin as well it was always going to be a problem splitting up those two. The geordie scamps

torchomatic

And Donnelly was only here until the end of the season? What about all our star kids - haven't they all recently (apart from Christie) signed contract extensions?

No it didn't but he's only at the club until the end of the season.

What about attracting players on permanent contracts?

Grendel

Clarke did say that Wolves stadium attracted him to the job where he will be better paid than before.

I'm sure the Scunthorpe stadium was what swung it when he turned up there.

torchomatic

I can't believe people are making excuses for players who don't have the fight for it.

I'm sure the Scunthorpe stadium was what swung it when he turned up there.

duffer

I think there are any number of things we can blame the owners for, but this probably isn't one of them.

It does seem a bit strange, but then footballers can be a bit dim. Did he perhaps think he could engineer a move back to his home town club after signing the loan deal?

Still, if it's personal, it's personal, and I don't wish the player ill. There's no point in having someone who doesn't want to be at the club, for whatever reason that might be.

Sterling Archer

Has there ever been a player who didn't give the appearance of being excited about signing for a new club?

Well David McGoldrick could barely keep his delight at signing for us hidden whilst posing for the media.

mcgoldie-h144-345321_478x359.jpg

mark82

I think there are any number of things we can blame the owners for, but this probably isn't one of them.

It does seem a bit strange, but then footballers can be a bit dim. Did he perhaps think he could engineer a move back to his home town club after signing the loan deal?

Still, if it's personal, it's personal, and I don't wish the player ill. There's no point in having someone who doesn't want to be at the club, for whatever reason that might be.

More than a bit dim. He can't even play for Swansea reserves as he is registered as a Coventry player.

hill83

Talking of players being happy, the new lad Mark Marshall looked happy in his interview and seemed like a nice chap too.

valiant15

And Donnelly was only here until the end of the season? What about all our star kids - haven't they all recently (apart from Christie) signed contract extensions?

The kids are already here though. Im on about attracting new players.

Playing in a quiet 4th division ground watched by 2k fans isn't exactly an enticing prospect is it.

mark82

The kids are already here though. Im on about attracting new players.

Playing in a quiet 4th division ground watched by 2k fans isn't exactly an enticing prospect is it.

Depends on the personality of the player really. Majority won't care, but it may put some off.

Disgruntled Sky Blue

It is all very strange, clearly it's the kid that's decided, not either of the clubs, would love to know why he's backed out and equally, it seems to be that both clubs still wish him to play for Cov, as he is contracted to us till May so now he is in the devil and the deep blue sea, he can't play for Swansea either ... bizarre ... what did put him off so quickly, home sick already .. .seriously, it's not the Sixfields debate so would love to know what ?

Perhaps he had a chat with Robert Jarni and the prospect of playing alongside Ronaldo, Bale and the like was far too enticing - just a thought!

ajsccfc

Haynes probably prefers playing in the quiet, less chance of him getting nervy and chucking up again.

hackneyfox

Short memory HF, not so long ago you were a two bit club playing in a dump. You wont always be riding the crest of a wave.

Oh and do you think Kevin Phillips came to Leicester for any of those reasons, as if so you are seriously deluded, he just wanted the filthy cash on his last big payday.
When riding the crest of a wave it's best to enjoy every minute of it rather than moaning about the past or worrying about the future.
Of course you're right about KP, aren't all footballers in it for the money, with a few very rare exceptions?
My post was aimed at the person who believed the Villa player was excited at joining.

mark82

When riding the crest of a wave it's best to enjoy every minute of it rather than moaning about the past or worrying about the future.
Of course you're right about KP, aren't all footballers in it for the money, with a few very rare exceptions?
My post was aimed at the person who believed the Villa player was excited at joining.

You'd be excited too if you'd got yourself out of Villa for 6 months.

glancy89

Not defending the kid but some 17yr olds may find it hard to move country and home if he's not happy im glad he's gone now and not when the emergency loan window had closed

torchomatic

Jonesy89

Seen the training & didn't fancy it.... Too hard!!! Jarni again bell end sorry Mr Bellend!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sterling Archer

Talking of players being happy, the new lad Mark Marshall looked happy in his interview and seemed like a nice chap too.
Heard that this guy is genuinely a really talented footballer who would easily be playing at a higher level were it not for his past. What I've read so far seems to suggest he regrets it immensely and he seems to have grown up.

Fingers crossed its not just noises to appease reporters and fans alike. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

hill83

Customary 'make sure I didn't say anything that makes me look like a twat' old thread check complete.

Carry on. I think.

SkyBlueScottie

I would suggest that the player has done well to forge a career in the game after the harsh treatment doled out by you in changing his name on Football Manager.

CovisGod

Excuse me; Sisu have funded our club for the last 5 years and without them we would have vanished without trace long ago. They are also going to build us a nice shiny new stadium free of that ACL rubbish from which all proceeds will be re-invested in CCFC.

@hill83

Seems some people weren't so lucky

ajsccfc

Before I comment on what I have heard may I say I am embarrassed that my team CCFC have such a narrow minded, opinionated bunch of pricks as the people on this thread have shown. Many on here post under influences of some alcoholic beverage and have left school with less qualification than when you started lol. But the saddest thing is they live their dreams through football and their team, rather through their own endeavour. I have heard a member of his family is not well in Ireland and he wants to be near them. I hope you ALL are men and apologize when this story comes out.

This is still a spectacular swing and miss. Three years on.

Users who are viewing this thread