Richard Keys tweet....! (5 Viewers)

thorninmyside

ewwww very messy :whistle::D:laugh:

Yes osb very messy ... it looks like the gloves are finally off. Can't see the council making this up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. .. simply because they can. Theyve lost peanuts. Took the gamble. Didn't get the prize (stadium) and these investors make their money by knowing when to quit.

Either we will be non existent it will have new owners in next month or two.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hedge funds don't find their investors in your local ladbrokes. These guys are serious players.

Lets say 15 to 20 investors came in to buy city. With an initial investment of 100,000 each. That's small fry to these people.

Well their incentive is not the club its the property. The ricoh. Nothing wrong with that at all.
The ricoh is the key to the deal. We we can all remember the council and acl stating they would sell to the new owners.

So the 20 investors continue to foot the bill for the debts interest payments. The players wages and new players. As well as extortionately high rent. .

Well on that basis its not a great investment is it.

So the investors. Who are very smart poeole say no thanks. .. no more. . We are getting nothing for our money. . So we sell our best players. After all the investors are our priority agree or not.

Then the next thing the investors hear is the owners of the ricoh are backtracking and say they will not sell to sisu full stop.

Incentive to invest completely out of the window. .. hence the reason for removal of high paid executives. Players. Non payment of rent. And a f--k you attitude from sisu and the investors. Personally I don't blame them.

When thorn stated "poeole going in directions" he meant sisu. The council and acl.

I can tell you this complete and utter mess is down to coventry city council. If they hadn't crapped all over sisu investors I'm convinced we would have continued buying players in the realms of king. Kept the likes of turner and co. .. added in the summer .. but instead sisu were forced into a corner by the council and acl.

Nonsense to be blaming the council-absolute nonsense.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so a cost fixed since 2005 £1.2m - which is really the only involvement at CCFC by ACL, Council or Charity..... that was known and transparent and has not changed ..... at a time that CCFC didnt have enough money to pay its bills let alone purchase the stadium ...... and the mess of £30m losses at CCFC is all down to the council. :facepalm:

Seyeclops666

Grow up morons

Some City fans are just plain stupid!!

Keys is keeping the spotlight on the club's plight and is doing so out of love for our club. It's a feckin messy business so everything he says "might" happen doesn't always come off but without his focus all we have is a few pathetic protests and rants from illiterate morons on this site. I for one am grateful that someone outside the Coventry bubble is keeping the profile high.

Furthermore the Council (and Higgs Trust) sorted the club out by jumping in to finance the stadium - we wouldn't have one otherwise. Those at the top of the Council are also life long city fans but they also have a duty to the 300,000 + residents who don't go the the games (even if many of them are fans) so have to think long and hard about selling the ground which is now making money for the Council (having cost them so much in the past) and thereby funding services/keeping Council Tax down. They will find it difficult to justify selling the ground (or a share in it) to a well meaning, reputable owner for these reasons however I believe that they would work with the Higgs Trust to see if they would sell their share - BUT this could only be to a long term minded, well funded owner!!

These are desperate times and fans should realise who are friends and who are enemies in the forthcoming battle!! Yes get angry, get very angry - but at the right people!!

I know which side I am on - having read some tweets on here I question some people's loyalties and/or intelligence!!

theprince

I can't understand this bile and hatred aimed at Richard Keys by some clowns on here, is it jealousy at local lad makes good. Keys is a city fan through and through and has been on sisu's case for 12 months or more, it was he who introduced these investors to Hoffman. It is obvious he knows a lot more and i think he is keeping the pot boiling even tempting a reaction from our owners. I think sisu liquidating our club is a real prospect, they are hard headed business people, no scruples and will do whatever they want. Going back to Richard Keys he knows he is high profile, well known nationally as a journalist, TV presenter, in football circles and has a lot to lose to add to his Sky problem. Those on here ridiculing him on his tweets offer jack shit to our situation other than to play the tough guys on their keyboard...cowards.

Sky Blue Sheepy

The frustration is simply that a lot of things hes said never appear to happen, so people view it as scaremongering and posting.genuinely worrying stuff by someone who doesn't appear to know too much.

thorninmyside

Nonsense to be blaming the council-absolute nonsense.

Nonsence. .. how is it nonsence. Do you not understand the investors came along for the arena. .. not the team. That's just simply part of the deal. .

The council have refused to sell the ricoh back to the club after agreeing with the council to do so.

It is down to the council the investors have stuck 2 fingers up and are walking away from the club. Its nonsence to not to understand that.

lordsummerisle

Not saying who it is, but a few years ago when i used to work for a local Aviation company,we used to do charter flights for a TV company taking their presenters around the country to do live broadcasts.

At one airport, the lead passenger tried chatting up the girls at the handling agent, and persuaded one to fly up on the aircraft to the live broadcast, their charter, their call.

Unfortunately the people paying for the charter, and or, his wife, found about this and demanded an explanation from him why this happened.

He then called the company i worked for, claiming that the pilots had wanted the girl to travel, and was all down to them and that they should be sacked.

He was told to fuck off.

Not going to say who the lying scumbag is, though never believed a word he's said ever since.

thorninmyside

Old sky blue. .. I didn't say the clubs losses were down to the council. However the lack of investors cash is down to the council.

Why do you think the council leaders words are so theatrical. .. the fight here is between sisu and the council. My money is on sisu blaming the council for the past 1 to 2 years of problems ... re the promised sale of the ground

Tad

I can't understand this bile and hatred aimed at Richard Keys by some clowns on here, is it jealousy at local lad makes good. Keys is a city fan through and through and has been on sisu's case for 12 months or more, it was he who introduced these investors to Hoffman. It is obvious he knows a lot more and i think he is keeping the pot boiling even tempting a reaction from our owners. I think sisu liquidating our club is a real prospect, they are hard headed business people, no scruples and will do whatever they want. Going back to Richard Keys he knows he is high profile, well known nationally as a journalist, TV presenter, in football circles and has a lot to lose to add to his Sky problem. Those on here ridiculing him on his tweets offer jack shit to our situation other than to play the tough guys on their keyboard...cowards.

People are allowed there own views. That doesn't make them "keyboard cowards" or "clowns". Also, he works for talk sport (not exactly a world class station is it) and is known as a sexist. I'd hardly say its jealousy.

Last edited:

theprince

The frustration is simply that a lot of things hes said never appear to happen, so people view it as scaremongering and posting.genuinely worrying stuff by someone who doesn't appear to know too much.
Don't you think it might just be that Richard Keys, who mixes with the Hoffmans of this world knows a lot more than what he is saying and what he knows might be a bit scarey.

1nilandwe...

I thought the council retained a veto over not selling the ground? When they saw SISU sacking managers, selling players, their own men walking away from them etc. the council probably decided to call on that veto. As a tax payer I wouldn't be happy about them selling the ground to the wrong people. Just as I wouldn't be happy if they'd sold the ground to Hoffman if his £1 bid for the club was successful. Proof of being a competent owner is needed before they sell up.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Don't you think it might just be that Richard Keys, who mixes with the Hoffmans of this world knows a lot more than what he is saying and what he knows might be a bit scarey.
Yes I agree, but it's the not knowing that's winding everyone up. He could be forewarning, he could be bullshitting - we have nothing but his word and, therefore, people are questioning him as they desperately hope that it's wrong.

Tad

I thought the council retained a veto over not selling the ground? When they saw SISU sacking managers, selling players, their own men walking away from them etc. the council probably decided to call on that veto. As a tax payer I wouldn't be happy about them selling the ground to the wrong people. Just as I wouldn't be happy if they'd sold the ground to Hoffman if his £1 bid for the club was successful. Proof of being a competent owner is needed before they sell up.

This is one thing I don't get. I thought you needed to show proof that you run a club financially to the FA before you can buy it. Thought they started this so you couldn't simply run out of money mid season and collapse etc.

Last edited:

rob9872

How often do we see our great number one fan Keys? Does he haev a season ticket? Does he pay for his ticket? I've never seen him at an away game - especially in with the fans. GH is visible at most away games. Keys is scaremongering which achieves nothing but harm. It's not about being involved or sharing knowledge just massaging his "I'm in the know" ego.

coundonskyblue

Nonsence. .. how is it nonsence. Do you not understand the investors came along for the arena. .. not the team. That's just simply part of the deal. .

The council have refused to sell the ricoh back to the club after agreeing with the council to do so.

It is down to the council the investors have stuck 2 fingers up and are walking away from the club. Its nonsence to not to understand that.

If all these 'investors' are interested in is the Ricoh then the council are right not to deal with them.

thorninmyside

How are the council right. The council owning the ground was supposed to be temporary. I believe the council want to continue owning because the rent is a decent money maker... not just from the club. .. but the other 85 percent of income/profit may have a hell of a lot to do with it.

I think acl have put the final nail in the coffin. Shame because sisu have investors whom could collectively put multiple millions into our club. But were they going to do that with no stadium ... no assets. . . No.

coundonskyblue

How are the council right. The council owning the ground was supposed to be temporary. I believe the council want to continue owning because the rent is a decent money maker... not just from the club. .. but the other 85 percent of income/profit may have a hell of a lot to do with it.

I think acl have put the final nail in the coffin. Shame because sisu have investors whom could collectively put multiple millions into our club. But were they going to do that with no stadium ... no assets. . . No.

The Council owning it was never temporary, the original plan was for 50% ownership to the Council, 50% to CCFC.

CCFC then sold their share to the Higgs trust (the council didnt force them into this), which could be bought back at a set value providing certain conditions were met.

If Sisu 'investors' had all this money why didnt they attempt to buy the Higgs share back in 2007?

If they have all this money why should the Coventry tax payer pay for a stadium to be built for them?

ACL still owes around £20m of the stadium construction costs, should the council just take on this debt for them & give them the stadium?

Sisu knew all this when they bought the club so they cannot use it as an excuse now.

jas365

Out of interest, if SISU decided to pull the plug and liquidate the club, do we actually know what saleable assets the club owns?
The balance sheet to 31.05.10 (the last year submitted) shows tangible fixed assets of £1,272,227. Presumably this includes Ryton as a loan was taken out against it last year, which it was announced recently has now been paid back.
I'm guessing that this complex with all its land is worth considerably more than £1m.

Jim

response to richard keys - go away you sad little man. You are reveling in our misery.

Response to Thorn In My Side - he is doing what every single one of us would do. Posting on twitter or on a forum when we have information about the club we love.

How on earth can you say he is revelling in our misery...?

Otis

Response to Thorn In My Side - he is doing what every single one of us would do. Posting on twitter or on a forum when we have information about the club we love.

How on earth can you say he is revelling in our misery...?

Agree.

Can't see the problem. If people don't like what he says don't read his tweets and if you don't want to hear him speak change stations.

What the fook is all the fuss about? I can't stand Jeremy Clarkson. So what do I do? Don't watch Top Gear that's what!

Otis

What does he know..... I tell you about as much as me about heart operations. What idiots follow him?

So you know him personally then?

That's another one.

An awful lot of people on here seem to know an awful lot about Richard Keys.

Fact is, we have no idea what he knows. No idea at all.

lordsummerisle

So you know him personally then?

That's another one.

An awful lot of people on here seem to know an awful lot about Richard Keys.

Fact is, we have no idea what he knows. No idea at all.

I know a bit about him, and the "Sleazy Keys'ie" name is well earned.

Otis

Thing is Lord, I take everything he says with a pinch of salt and have never really taken anything he has said particularly seriously, but I don't know why his tweets or observations cause such a stir.

I'm just happy he is keeping our plight in the spotlight.

lordsummerisle

Thing is Lord, I take everything he says with a pinch of salt and have never really taken anything he has said particularly seriously, but I don't know why his tweets or observations cause such a stir.

He just polarises some opinion, can't stand him myself, known him as a slimeball well before the documented reasons for his departure from Sky(and not exactly a lot of tears shed there at his and Gray's downfalll).

People have to make their own minds up though.

He is the proverbial backbencher - taking swipes from the sidelines - but can he deliver?

As i say my issue is the will he / wont he pantomine.

If Hoffman has a credible bid then now is the time for a public statement and action - not more Key's tweets.

As i say, if Hoffman is the real deal, then great - let us move forward.

If however he is full of hot air, then he needs to go away.

That is all I am saying. What exactly is Key's keeping alive? - time for Hoffman to show his hand.

Brighton Sky Blue

Without Keys, Manish would be the one giving us the most media attention with his 10 second quotes on a Saturday evening.

Grendel

Not saying who it is, but a few years ago when i used to work for a local Aviation company,we used to do charter flights for a TV company taking their presenters around the country to do live broadcasts.

At one airport, the lead passenger tried chatting up the girls at the handling agent, and persuaded one to fly up on the aircraft to the live broadcast, their charter, their call.

Unfortunately the people paying for the charter, and or, his wife, found about this and demanded an explanation from him why this happened.

He then called the company i worked for, claiming that the pilots had wanted the girl to travel, and was all down to them and that they should be sacked.

He was told to fuck off.

Not going to say who the lying scumbag is, though never believed a word he's said ever since.

Does he have a Bassett Hound?

Users who are viewing this thread