Richard Keys tweet....! (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Vitriol given to Sheff for looking like he can't be arsed, vitriol given to Keys for giving CCFC some attention, vitriol given to Hoffman for not buying the club in January so he must have no money. Honestly, drive people like that away and very few of us will be left-grow up.

Mate keys loves the club and is a fan. SISU. Are cold hearted poor businessmen with no affinity to Coventry. If either side has an agenda which one do you think would be in our best interests

Keys loves himself - not the club. Self promotion. Self publicity. Self-importance at every opportunity. Sad little man with a mic. The moment Hoffman aligned himself with Keys, he lost all credibility.

Otis

Keys loves himself - not the club. Self promotion. Self publicity. Self-importance at every opportunity. Sad little man with a mic. The moment Hoffman aligned himself with Keys, he lost all credibility.

Didn't know you knew him personally.

How many times have you met him then?

Couldn't have put it better myself, he is desperate to be viewed as having a superior knowledge of all things football rather than being a tosspot ex GMTV presenter.

Paxman II

This is all gibberish nonsense.

Liquidation? Not a chance.

I think we can safely assume their is no Hoffman consortium bid.

SISU will remain - for now.

We are not exactly an attractive investment. What can be agreed with ACL/Council over the stadium is a huge factor in any bid for the football club. Be grateful we at least have that carrot to wave at investors.

A stabilized club in league 1 with fewer cost (and the same ticket price) achieving anything close to a top 6 run will receive more from gate receipts. Lower wages etc will play it's part. TV revenue lessened yes but there are lots of swings and roundabouts here financially giving various options going forward.

Certainly given a fair and reasonable bid SISU would leave. For now our accounts have improved on last years. Under the new rules we will have more leeway than most clubs in that league to bring players in. (I believe SISU would fund this - it's not multiple millions needed here)
Players of that level will be attracted to a 'big' club as their best shop window and chance of playing in a higher league.

You may want to ask yourself how did Southampton survive their catastrophe and come back stronger? No reason at all to suggest we could not achieve at least the same.
My caveat to that is a clear out of all coaching and management staff. It has not served us well. We need to appoint carefully and thoughtfully.
In league 1 there are plenty of good managers who would see that as an easier challenge than other leagues.

Sheff Wed surprisingly ditched Megson while flying high but his replacement 'experienced' manager has had no problem carrying on at the same high standard from the get go in that league.

Everyone on here should be more thoughtful before throwing wild comments out there. Our position is not all bad folks...it really isn't.

@richh87

We are not exactly an attractive investment. What can be agreed with ACL/Council over the stadium is a huge factor in any bid for the football club. Be grateful we at least have that carrot to wave at investors.

A stabilized club in league 1 with fewer cost (and the same ticket price) achieving anything close to a top 6 run will receive more from gate receipts. Lower wages etc will play it's part. TV revenue lessened yes but there are lots of swings and roundabouts here financially giving various options going forward.

Certainly given a fair and reasonable bid SISU would leave. For now our accounts have improved on last years. Under the new rules we will have more leeway than most clubs in that league to bring players in. (I believe SISU would fund this - it's not multiple millions needed here)
Players of that level will be attracted to a 'big' club as their best shop window and chance of playing in a higher league.

You may want to ask yourself how did Southampton survive their catastrophe and come back stronger? No reason at all to suggest we could not achieve at least the same.
My caveat to that is a clear out of all coaching and management staff. It has not served us well. We need to appoint carefully and thoughtfully.
In league 1 there are plenty of good managers who would see that as an easier challenge than other leagues.

Sheff Wed surprisingly ditched Megson while flying high but his replacement 'experienced' manager has had no problem carrying on at the same high standard from the get go in that league.

Everyone on here should be more thoughtful before throwing wild comments out there. Our position is not all bad folks...it really isn't.

2 things wrong there Paxman.

1. Like it or not Hoffman and SISU ARE in talks - it's been announced by both parties.

2. Your Southampton example is crap - they're owned by a (now deceased) billionaire.

Paxman II

...if they are in talks STILL then pigs might fly.

Southampton. Like I said they came back from a catastrophe didn't they?

@richh87

Actually;

3. The revenue is supposedly 4mil less in League 1. It is not a case of swings and roundabouts.

SISU's obsession with breaking even could lead to us dropping another division. Why do Thorn and Fisher have to come up with a plan to tempt SISU into funding us next season? F*** you SISU - here's the plan - try to compete this time round!

Paxman II

What is this £4?
There are many swings and roundabouts but I CBA to explain them....someone else usually does - OSB?

Paxman II

You need good argument not just "the tossers wouldn't fund it". How do you know?
These assumptions on here are so negative with no basis for that assumption.

@richh87

You need good argument not just "the tossers wouldn't fund it". How do you know?
These assumptions on here are so negative with no basis for that assumption.

Are you crazy? You want a reason? Try this awful season as an example.

Brighton Sky Blue

The accounts haven't been filed yet so we can't definitively say we're better off, but if we are, it's because we've sold, cut, sold, and sold some more at the expense of the footballing side of proceedings. As Rich has said Saints found a very wealthy Swiss to pump funds into the club-and his family have continued to fund it posthumously. How you can say the club's position is anything but bad is astonishing.

Chipfat

If anyone who still thinks Sisu are not to blame, can you please tell me what was Sisu plan the this seasons,,,and why is Fisher having a complete review of why relegation happend when
even he said not replacing players like for like has resulted us being in our current situation.... For me no review needed

Top Players not replaced

Inexperiened Manager hire on the cheap and given no support only broken promises

A board that has changed so many times this season it has created the feeling of unstability

No accounts filed ( transfer embargo)

And lastly how many Exec's have been sacked or walked out.. Too many for it to be a well run club..

wingy

Add in the absense of a top sports fitness /conditioning coach ,and pub team approach =pub team performance . The peverse thing about fishers interview yesterday was saying that they're going to communicate with the fans ,but its a two way street and they don't listen ,i detest them ,him or any other rep for them ,this close season will be a mirror or worse than last season ,similar wage budget next season ,my arse.:jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit:

joemercersaces

There's a lot of (understandable) wishful thinking on here but few posters if any have any hard and fast evidence regarding SISU's intentions good or bad. But why would it be so hard to believe that SISU might liquidate us?

1. Where is the evidence that they will continue to fund the club?
2. Didn't we enter a transfer embargo because we weren't disclosing the recurrent funding?
3. Hasn't Thorn muttered about the way he has been treated and broken promises? He can hardly spill the beans can he?
4. Didn't Richard Keys spend years hob-nobbing on a sofa with everyone in football, wouldn't that give him some potential contacts in the know.
5. Wouldn't Gary Hoffman have some idea of SISU's motives?

I obviously hope liquidation is a false rumour but can any of us be so sure?

Do I now get burnt at the stake for airing the above thoughts?

kingharvest

Liquidation is normally a last resort.

Here is the scenario as I see it, SISU want out but Hoffman won't pay. SISU want to recoup money so they sell what they can to make up the shortfall. Even if they sell everyone, there is a buyer there...so why then liquidate when you could sell the club - even if it is for a nominal amount.

IMO, there is no motivation to liquidate unless there is no viable alternative.

dongonzalos

So let me get this right

Richard Keys who has been on TV for years and also hosts one of the top sports radio shows in the country.

Sits at home and think I need to raise some publicity how am I going to do this?

Then he thinks "I know I will pretend I have insider information about a takeover bid for Coventry. Also I will risk getting sued by making up that that the investors for SISU have ran out of money. Tweeting stuff like that will get me the publicity I thrive. There are millions and millions of Cov fans out there waiting on my every word"

He does all this not because he cares about Coventry City but because he wants publicity for his own Ego

I don't know for definite but something tells me all of the above does not ring true for some reason ???

KarmicChris

So let me get this right

Richard Keys who has been on TV for years and also hosts one of the top sports radio shows in the country.

Sits at home and think I need to raise some publicity how am I going to do this?

Then he thinks "I know I will pretend I have insider information about a takeover bid for Coventry. Also I will risk getting sued by making up that that the investors for SISU have ran out of money. Tweeting stuff like that will get me the publicity I thrive. There are millions and millions of Cov fans out there waiting on my every word"

He does all this not because he cares about Coventry City but because he wants publicity for his own Ego

I don't know for definite but something tells me all of the above does not ring true for some reason ???

Agreed. There is no logic to him making this up as a CCFC fan. Only way i can see this being untrue is if this is what Hoffman thinks and then he's obviously gone and told Keys, but in fact Hoffman's just got the wrong end of the stick from SISU.

win9nut

In my opinion, Keys is throwing out propaganda for the supposed Hoffman takeover.

At the moment, SISU have "invested" (I reckon) c£50m in CCFC, that is currently sitting as a debt on the balance sheet. Hoffman will want (as anyone would) SISU to write off that debt, obviously, SISU want to recoup as much of that as possible.

If SISU think that there is £3-4m sat on the balance sheet in assets that they can sell before winding up, then that is the minimum that they would expect to receive offers for. It is the same as with any other normal business...

Quite where these assets are remains to be seen...

It also remains to be seen as to whether HMRC have been paid as they are all over football clubs at the moment...

Just throwing some thoughts out there...

PUSB

6 Generations

In my opinion, Keys is throwing out propaganda for the supposed Hoffman takeover.

At the moment, SISU have "invested" (I reckon) c£50m in CCFC, that is currently sitting as a debt on the balance sheet. Hoffman will want (as anyone would) SISU to write off that debt, obviously, SISU want to recoup as much of that as possible.

If SISU think that there is £3-4m sat on the balance sheet in assets that they can sell before winding up, then that is the minimum that they would expect to receive offers for. It is the same as with any other normal business...

Quite where these assets are remains to be seen...

It also remains to be seen as to whether HMRC have been paid as they are all over football clubs at the moment...

Just throwing some thoughts out there...

PUSB
Sisu have invested Circa 50 million? Have you been on the falling down juice?

Liquidation is normally a last resort.

Here is the scenario as I see it, SISU want out but Hoffman won't pay. SISU want to recoup money so they sell what they can to make up the shortfall. Even if they sell everyone, there is a buyer there...so why then liquidate when you could sell the club - even if it is for a nominal amount.

IMO, there is no motivation to liquidate unless there is no viable alternative.

It's a load of bollocks if you ask me and Keys is just a WUM to get the fans on side.

Sterling Archer

I still haven't forgiven Keys for getting Black the sack so he could get his mate Peter Reid a job back in his "chummy" days with McGinnity. Also if Keys is such a super fan, how come he only goes to a game every 2/3 years?

mattylad

Fisher on CWR this morning says this type of rumour does not help, that the club was not going in to liquidation yesterday and won’t be today. (He didn’t say it wasn’t 2moro)

He also made comment that Charlton had got promoted with a budget of £5m and that it shows that careful funding can get you promoted and that Andy Thorn has not been given a fair chance with the right resources.

Thorn has to submit his plan to have in place a squad that can get promoted out of Div 1 and that will go to SISU along with his business plan for the next season. They will then review this and come back.

Now we can all draw/jump to conclusions but I believe he was telling it as it is.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Dont think Keys is publicity seeking as far as this is concerned. I think it is simpler than that, he doesn't really understand the finance side of it,................. he picks up on the odd rumour or comment and rather than actually getting to the facts that are available blurts it all out.

TF, CCFC and SISU .... and to be fair GH...... would most likely insist on things being kept confidential so why would GH give Keys much info at all when he knows Keys will blurt it all out and in so doing at the very best make any negotiations even harder.

Keys is undoubtedly a city fan cant fault him for that but I have seen nothing in what he has said that has been helpful or particularly well informed

Just a thought .......... i wonder what the libel laws are regarding a media personality spreading unsubstantiated (malicious?) rumours of financial melt down and wrong doing ?

Otis

Fisher on CWR this morning says this type of rumour does not help, that the club was not going in to liquidation yesterday and won’t be today. (He didn’t say it wasn’t 2moro)

He also made comment that Charlton had got promoted with a budget of £5m and that it shows that careful funding can get you promoted and that Andy Thorn has not been given a fair chance with the right resources.

Thorn has to submit his plan to have in place a squad that can get promoted out of Div 1 and that will go to SISU along with his business plan for the next season. They will then review this and come back.

Now we can all draw/jump to conclusions but I believe he was telling it as it is.

He was probably telling it as it was told to him by Sisu you mean.

dongonzalos

Keys Spot on

Richard Keys has just said on Talk Sport

I have been told I cannot talk freely about what I am hearing that is coming out of the club but it is not good.

Andy Gray "Yes that you wont actually have a club next season"

Keys " Yes people repeatly ask me what I know and ask me for information. Yet when I tell them I get hammered. There is no money. There is still an offer on the table, it has changed due to the relegation. If I am wrong in anything that I am saying then can the owners of the club please come out and correct me. Please can the owners of the club come out and state what their plans a are for the club. What I have said needs to be said for the future of the football club this needs to be talked about"

Andy Gray "Well yes as the club is going into liquidation"

Keys "This is not good for the future of football"

dongonzalos

Richard Keys has just said on Talk Sport

I have been told I cannot talk freely about what I am hearing that is coming out of the club, but it is not good.

Andy Gray "Yes that you wont actually have a club next season"

Keys " Yes people repeatly ask me what I know and ask me for information. Yet when I tell them I get hammered. There is no money. There is still an offer on the table, it has changed due to the relegation. If I am wrong in anything that I am saying then can the owners of the club please come out and correct me. Please can the owners of the club come out and state what their plans a are for the club. What I have said needs to be said for the future of the football club this needs to be talked about"

Andy Gray "Well yes as the club is going into liquidation"

Keys "This is not good for the future of football"

It take it this is Keys whilst he is live hosting his own show on national radio looking for a bit of publicity again.

SISU are ruthless and don't mess around, if Keys was wrong he is talking on national radio they would nail him.

Also please be aware that he looking at sites such as this so please keep your criticism to a constructive manner and don't just post abuse without any reasonable explanation. It is unnecessary, unfair and makes us look a bit ignorant

Otis

At least he is trying to force the owner's hand into coming out and saying something or clarify the position.

Shouldn't we be glad that we have a high profile City fan who can air our views and concerns to the nation?

stupot07

OSB - you understand finance, wouldn't administration come before liquidation? Also people are saying that we have £3-4m assets left, but you don't get full upfront payments for players, and isn't the training ground mortgaged?

Users who are viewing this thread