Match Thread Leeds United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

We have to be a little concerned about Sheaf’s drop in quality at present. Is it the captain’s role , or just the being human form loss .
Lats is very capable in sheaf’s role , with Eccles & Palmer vying for Jamie Allen’s position…….. but please don’t put Eccles on corners !

I wouldn’t play Palmer at DM

PVA

The only time I can see that he’s had at CM this season is vs Ipswich. Don’t remember him being overly bad, although it is a while ago now. On the whole I’m not keen on him in CM but I just think for this one game we need someone defensive-minded in that position. Even Kelly might be a shout (don’t know if he’s fit or not).

He came on against Norwich in midfield and did well to be fair.

Also came on for a few minutes against Millwall in midfield.

fernandopartridge

They were all over the place defensively earlier this season, so I'm confident we can score. Just need to keep them out early and let their fans get on their back.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

We have to be a little concerned about Sheaf’s drop in quality at present. Is it the captain’s role , or just the being human form loss .
Lats is very capable in sheaf’s role , with Eccles & Palmer vying for Jamie Allen’s position…….. but please don’t put Eccles on corners !

Feel for him tbh

Hes not a progressive creative midfielder, hes a tough tackling, intercepting shield the back 4 and build the play when winning the ball midfielder, and the best in the league at it (stats always back this up)

Seems hes been told to try and break the lines and take on some of Hamers qualities but hes just not that sort of player

Hes gone from Hamer to Eccles or Allen

Thats like standing next to Jennifer Aniston one day and Vanessa Feltz the next

Brighton Sky Blue

Feel for him tbh

Hes not a progressive creative midfielder, hes a tough tackling, intercepting shield the back 4 and build the play when winning the ball midfielder, and the best in the league at it (stats always back this up)

Seems hes been told to try and break the lines and take on some of Hamers qualities but hes just not that sort of player

Hes gone from Hamer to Eccles or Allen

Thats like standing next to Jennifer Aniston one day and Vanessa Feltz the next
Hopefully not long before such a player arrives and takes that pressure off the others.

BlueSkiesForever

I honestly can't see how Godden improves us in this system. Simms isn't scoring but he occupies the centre backs and stretches them , he creates a lot of the space that O'Hare ,Wright and Sakamoto have been utilising so well the last two games . I would worry that we become flat and turgid with Godden back up top

100% this ^

Godden is a great option to have on the bench and his goal scoring ability is clearly not to be sniffed at but his threat going forwards, when we’ll most likely be counter-attacking all game, is nothing like that of Simms. I’d start Simms, see how we’re doing and then give him a rest around the 60 minute mark if needed.

Cov98

Simms might not be scoring goals but we can pump the ball long to him and have him hold it up, something Godden can’t do.
A good chunk of our chances recently have come about from this and I honestly think his hold up play and interplay with the likes of O Hare and Haji has been class.

BlueSkiesForever

I think it’s an ideal opportunity to give the likes of Allen and Bidwell a rest tbh, I think we’d all take a point at this stage so no need to completely tire our squad out when there’s games like Swansea and Sheffield that are much easier to win. Depends if you’re of the mindset we’ll finish top 6 or not but I just think with the quick turnaround we should keep the system and the spine of the team the same but rest maybe 2-3 players.

I’d personally go with something like:

Collins
Van Ewijk/Lati, Thomas, Kitching, Dasilva
Eccles, Sheaf, Palmer/O’Hare
Sakamoto, Simms, Wright

tskezz

I don't disagree with either of your points. I'm just not sure Simms is doing enough to warrant keeping a place.

We all want to see him do well and we have to accept that probably means he needs a run in the side, but after recent peformances from the former, if Godden is knocking on the door asking to play, you couldn't blame him.
So you don't disagree Godden might not be best against Leeds and that Simms offers something Godden doesn't and you think Simms needs a run in the side.

But you still would drop Simms for Godden because Simms is playing 'sub-par'?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So you don't disagree Godden might not be best against Leeds and that Simms offers something Godden doesn't and you think Simms needs a run in the side.

But you still would drop Simms for Godden because Simms is playing 'sub-par'?

You've got too much time on your hands.

Godden and Simms offer different things, and yes, the latter needs a run in order to see if we can get anything out of him. The final point is the key here, though. Especially when Godden has a proven scoring record.

tskezz

You've got too much time on your hands.

Godden and Simms offer different things, and yes, the latter needs a run in order to see if we can get anything out of him. The final point is the key here, though. Especially when Godden has a proven scoring record.
Right, with ya.

Macca1987

Would agree with a lot of the posts, play Simms, he holds up the ball well and brings the likes of O'Hare and Sakamoto into the game, however last 15/20 minutes on Wednesday he was flagging and just jogging back not tracking the play when we were under pressure, so a fresh Godden last 20 mins would help us there

SkyBlueSoul

I feel similar to Southampton about this one, except without the confidence of our home record. Think they'll have too much for us, head says 2-1 Leeds but will be a close game.

That being said, here's some Friday optimism. We're one of the form teams over the last 5.

Form.jpg

alexccfc99

Must win for Leeds really even at this relatively early stage

With Ipswich the early KO they’ll be starting the game 12 points off Autos

fernandopartridge

Must win for Leeds really even at this relatively early stage

With Ipswich the early KO they’ll be starting the game 12 points off Autos
When I worked in Leeds I found their fans completely unbearable, I remember their arrogance about winning the play off semi they lost to Derby in, hilarious the next day

alexccfc99

When I worked in Leeds I found their fans completely unbearable, I remember their arrogance about winning the play off semi they lost to Derby in, hilarious the next day

I live here, I find them fine tbh

Can think of plenty clubs/fanbase I dislike more

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Discuss the Leeds United - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Tough game this, need 8s from everyone. 🙏

mmttww

Leeds is decent

Agreed. Anyone after max-hipster drinks and food should hit Belgrave Music Hall. Pack Horse opp. The Library for less-hipster pints. Brudenell Social Club for pies, pints and pool. Mission from Elland Road but worth it. F*cking love Leeds!

baldy

Agreed. Anyone after max-hipster drinks and food should hit Belgrave Music Hall. Pack Horse opp. The Library for less-hipster pints. Brudenell Social Club for pies, pints and pool. Mission from Elland Road but worth it. F*cking love Leeds!

Went on a quality stag do there years ago - top night out

SkyBlueMatt

Leeds is decent, Head of Steam and think it's called Taps close to the station as well

Yeah Leeds is great but I don't know where anything is. Both times I've been out in Leeds, I've been on the Otley Run.

I guess we'll drink around the station then follow the crowd.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread