Match Thread Leeds United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (1 Viewer)

hinckley cov

To be fair I remember when we were relegated from the Premier League and most of our fanbase thought we would walk the league and that it was somehow beneath us being down there
We would of got back if they had kept the team together especially John Hartson

skyblu3sk

It was frustrating not to get “our” free kicks but overall the ref was consistent to both sides and let the game flow. That’s what we’ve all been asking for for years.
I'd agree, consistency was there if a player went to ground easy he got f all which is what you want. I'd have probably booked their player over the penalty he tried to win by diving but generally not bad.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If there's one thing we can take away from yesterday game at Leeds, when it comes to the FA cup game against Oxford and all the changes that Mark Robins will implement.

We will have a team that can compete.

Matt smith

Think robins said in his post match yesterday that after taking Milan and tats off we lost some sort of dynamic there, and he said something along the lines ‘of at the moment’

think Lati is a great squad player, but we need a right back with similar qualities to Milan, with Joel as an option as a needs must or against a particularly good player on a teams left side

do we think we’ll sign a rb

Last edited:

hamertime

Seriously take a sense check and have a day off. Not so long ago this club was in L2 and heading to oblivion.

After losing 2 incredible players in the summer - we are now very close to achieving real momentum in the Championship. Again.

If you can't enjoy the journey and where we are at, where we are going - go and support some random team in the Prem. You will not be missed.
Don’t be so soft and get your knickers in a twist over an opinion. We won’t ever get to the premier league under Robins. He drops players as soon as there are surplus to requirements it’s not some big love fest. I find it horrific that we go to Leeds looking for a point when we are languishing in the bottom half of the table. If you’re happy with that then you are the real problem.

Sky Blue Pete

Don’t be so soft and get your knickers in a twist over an opinion. We won’t ever get to the premier league under Robins. He drops players as soon as there are surplus to requirements it’s not some big love fest. I find it horrific that we go to Leeds looking for a point when we are languishing in the bottom half of the table. If you’re happy with that then you are the real problem.
Love to have a bet with you
Robins will take us up

wingy

Think robins said in his post match yesterday that after taking Milan and tats off we lost some sort of dynamic there, and he said something along the lines ‘of at the moment’

think Lati is a great squad player, but we need a right back with similar qualities to Milan, with Joel as an option as a needs must or against a particularly good player on a teams left side

Why sign one when we have a capable on loan atm?

higgs

Tatsus mate that was at the southampton game is a right back coincidence or not

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

alexccfc99

They are not a premiership team that’s why they are in the championship.

We parked the bus which is what a tinpot relegation team do. Do you think any of the teams that got promoted last season would have parked it up, weak mentality that will never change.
Luton did, countless times

Martin180

I think we will continue this season with MvE and Lati with a view to Burroughs being the long term back up

Viktor17

Some take this is.

SkyBlueSoul

Leeds drew their first three at home and have won every one since until our game.

What on earth is there to complain about?
Not being top 2 and a general superiority complex. The fact there's a whole Athletic article about it after our game probably reinforces that, they've still got a dedicated writer from being in the PL.

Nobody knows if Leicester or Ipswich can be caught. Nobody wants to accept that they can’t be, and Farke seemed to be in that mindset after Saturday’s draw, aware that justifiable ways of praising his squad could not be allowed to sound like the pursuit of the top two is now a sideshow.

Because here, along with the appetite to fight everyone and anyone, is something else you find in Leeds: the last thing they want to be told in these parts is that their football club has upper limits.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not being top 2 and a general superiority complex. The fact there's a whole Athletic article about it after our game probably reinforces that, they've still got a dedicated writer from being in the PL.

Nobody knows if Leicester or Ipswich can be caught. Nobody wants to accept that they can’t be, and Farke seemed to be in that mindset after Saturday’s draw, aware that justifiable ways of praising his squad could not be allowed to sound like the pursuit of the top two is now a sideshow.

Because here, along with the appetite to fight everyone and anyone, is something else you find in Leeds: the last thing they want to be told in these parts is that their football club has upper limits.
I think he was on about CCFC fans

DannyThomas_1981

I can lip-read. Thomas's response was "Don't leave me this way!"
Summerville running around as if he’s Leeds’ answer (all 5’7 and 10 stone of him) to Mike Tyson - whilst of course making sure there are around 20 other lads between himself and Thomas to ‘hold him back’. Pathetic and the lads in the dressing room should call him out.

mmttww

He's lost a little respect due to that faux pas

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Mr T Dancing GIF

Brighton Sky Blue

Ah. In that case the fact we’re not top 2 and a general inferiority complex. The fact we don’t have an Athletic article about it probably reinforces that
I mean the account he was replying to is an obvious WUM account, but there is a grain of truth in that we set up so defensively that players struggled for options when they did get the ball. If we do something like it at Sunderland players do need to support the ball carrier more actively.

shmmeee

I mean the account he was replying to is an obvious WUM account, but there is a grain of truth in that we set up so defensively that players struggled for options when they did get the ball. If we do something like it at Sunderland players do need to support the ball carrier more actively.

At times second half. I thought once we weathered the initial storm first half we were OK.

Users who are viewing this thread