Latest SCG minutes (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

In the words of corporal Jones, They don't like it up them.
Well done Ray for speaking for the fans

Ray said what 90% of the fans think.
Mr Strange a couple of others on this group don't think like 90% of the fans.
The group is mainly about improving the matchday experience.
Nothing affects the matchday experience more than how the club is ran.
Once that is in order you can worry about the quality of the matchday programs.
If we continue to be ran the way we are the matchday experience will be pants as there will be 2000 fans

torchomatic

we closed the account as its was a work twitter account and also used by others, however why do you need to go on about it?

you don't agree with my views regarding the owners or my stance involving marches or protests. like so many others and the vast majority of supporters I am sick to death of what is happening to the club I follow. unlike you I try and do something about it and for doing so my head is above the sand so I have to take the flack but not just going to take the death of my club without some sort of fight.

Oh come off it Steve, do you think I was born yesterday?! First it was just retweets and now others used it! And why would a work account be called Steve and have a picture of you?

Don't turn this onto me with my views on the owners. I want the owners gone just as much as anyone, but this is nothing to do with that and you know it and you know perfectly well I wasn't referring to marches that were anything to do with CCFC or their owners.

And I agree you stand up and take the flack which is why you have to make sure you are squeaky clean. You're lucky it just caused a slight stir on here and not in the local press. Anyway, I've had my say.

Last edited:

robbiethemole

from Sanda Garlick's letter :- does she mean SISU/Otium and Strange fucking us all over, or referring to the Trust?

However, it is my view that the SCG is now being used as a vehicle for certain individuals to further their own agendas, something I do not wish to be a part of.

chiefdave

Who is pissed off with who here? Is it everyone pissed off with the Trust and other groups supporting the JH way?

And what did Moz say in the CT. Can't find it on there, google just shows up a piece from from someone who won't even give a name, just the JH Way and reads as a ranty mess.

chiefdave

The only thing that was actually of any interest in all that was the statement that we can't cover any Wasps branding on matchdays and don't have use of all the advertising hoardings as the Wasps ads must stay and the club aren't paid for the advertising.

Nick

Administrator
Who is pissed off with who here? Is it everyone pissed off with the Trust and other groups supporting the JH way?

And what did Moz say in the CT. Can't find it on there, google just shows up a piece from from someone who won't even give a name, just the JH Way and reads as a ranty mess.
Think it was him being outraged he can't go to scg meetings. Done the usual way. via telegraph.

CJ_covblaze

Sat there next to Ray and felt really sorry for him. It's hard to disagree with anything he said. Each of the last three meetings have started with (to put it mildly) someone getting a strong telling off/talking to. It's bang out of order imo. Reform is needed and fast.

dongonzalos

Sat there next to Ray and felt really sorry for him. It's hard to disagree with anything he said. Each of the last three meetings have started with (to put it mildly) someone getting a strong telling off/talking to. It's bang out of order imo. Reform is needed and fast.

It's embarrassing it looks like a head master bollocking naughty kids.
How do you go about reforming the whole thing?
He and a couple of others on there really do not represent most of Coventry City Fans.
I don't disagree with their minority opinions getting a hearing but not assuming their minority opinion is more important than everyone else's and bollocking anyone who sticks their head over the parapet !!!

Terry Gibson's perm

The important thing on this group is that the people who don't tie the party line or Strange doesn't like don't get forced out the only way to change it is from the inside.

Glad to see that Galick has gone.

Did are me laugh when fisher said about not being a lawyer is this not the same man who said that the judges were wrong:banghead:

dongonzalos

I must also point out Mr Strange is continuously at pains to point out that the group is not there to discuss protests.
Yet he points out that "I tried to persuade Mr David Johnson to attend tonight’s meeting but he is unavailable. Would he be prepared to tell us, I wonder, how the ‘Kick out the Witch’ protest was ever the Jimmy Hill way? "

So he was trying to persuade someone to attend the meetings purely to discuss protests.
So it is alright to discuss protests as long as it is slag them off.
Excellent at least people know the rules he can bring people in to criticise protests. However don't anybody dare go on there to encourage peaceful protests. The meetings are not for that purpose and youare likely to get told off at the beginning!!!

Last edited:

Captain Dart

I must also point out Mr Strange is continuously at pains to point out that the group is not there to discuss protests.
Yet he points out that "I tried to persuade Mr David Johnson to attend tonight’s meeting but he is unavailable. Would he be prepared to tell us, I wonder, how the ‘Kick out the Witch’ protest was ever the Jimmy Hill way? "

So he was trying to persuade someone to attend the meetings purely to discuss protests.
Sobit is alrightvto discuss protests as long as it is slag them off.
Excellent at least people know the rules he can bring people in to criticise protests. However don't anybody dare go on there to encourage peaceful protests. The meetings are not fir that purpose and youare likely to get told off at the beginning!!!
Hypocritical++

Ranjit Bhurpa

The chief protagonists seen leaving the last Meeting...........

strange-report-special-edition.jpg

torchomatic

Ranjit Bhurpa

That was a classic ITC series! I have the soundtrack too.

Yes agree Torch. Grew up with most of the ITC programmes from Danger Man, Man in a Suitcase, The Baron and through to The Champions, Department S, etc. Think most of them shared the same writers, producers and crew. All of the soundtracks were striking, again probably written by the same person. Will have to look up on You Tube as I've forgotten the Strange Report soundtrack.
The Strange Report was a bit different from memory, but good enough to attract the quality of Anthony Quayle. Keep looking for re-runs on ITV4 :)

torchomatic

Yes agree Torch. Grew up with most of the ITC programmes from Danger Man, Man in a Suitcase, The Baron and through to The Champions, Department S, etc. Think most of them shared the same writers, producers and crew. All of the soundtracks were striking, again probably written by the same person. Will have to look up on You Tube as I've forgotten the Strange Report soundtrack.
The Strange Report was a bit different from memory, but good enough to attract the quality of Anthony Quayle. Keep looking for re-runs on ITV4 :)

I have all the soundtracks that are available. Network released them a few years ago.

http://networkonair.com/shop/124-soundtracks

Ian1779

On a serious note - have you considered boycotting this group? The guy clearly does not represent the views of fans, and actually you being there is just giving him audience to spout his shite.

Would not attending be a viable approach?

Captain Dart

i refer you to RIck Gekoski's book :)
You are not telling me he is the person mentioned who sent a pungent postal message to a journalist he disagreed with are you!

tisza

Looking at old minutes of the SCG and it moved away from its original remit of matchday experiences etc. a long while ago.
It is also clear that all sides were happy to move it away from its original purpose when it suited them.

tisza

You are not telling me he is the person mentioned who sent a pungent postal message to a journalist he disagreed with are you!
seeing as he doesn't have my address and so can't repeat his performance I am going to be brave enough to say yes it was he.
See I'm the ultimate faceless keyboard warrior!! But just in case I'll the missus to open any packages arriving through the post.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is why David Johnson from thejimmyhillwaygroup or whoever is all of a sudden making statements about the SCG in the paper?

It's like a battle of chairpeople of non important groups to be the ultimate chairperson for fuck sake.

They can all fuck off, ideally. Running straight to papers with statements of stuff and "double teaming" alongside the local media (their words).

This is grown men we are talking about here, bickering over power which when you look at it, isn't really power at all.

Sack every person off on there and start again. The trust get 1 seat by default to be used by the chairperson, or a stand in if he can't make it. The moment people start being dicks and deciding to try and communicate via the telegraph rather than direct they get fucked off. Sly twats.

They are bickering about "who does x and y represent" but haven't mentioned who does Steve or Jan represent in the "who do you represent game".

Every person who attends should be a representative of different types of fans (disabled, corporate, parent of young fan, oap etc etc). Every rep then has to prove who they are representing and how, they need to gather views and feedback from their "section" somehow and fans should know who their rep is to approach / email etc. Kind of like a local MP.

The only person who seems to represent me in some way there is Pat from the JSBs.

Last edited:

Ranjit Bhurpa

Looking at old minutes of the SCG and it moved away from its original remit of matchday experiences etc. a long while ago.
It is also clear that all sides were happy to move it away from its original purpose when it suited them.
Makes you wonder then if this was the original remit at all or merely a convenient cover for some ulterior purpose?
From what I've read in various Minutes, Messrs Strange and Ward are certainly not representative of me.

Nick

Administrator
Makes you wonder then if this was the original remit at all or merely a convenient cover for some ulterior purpose?
From what I've read in various Minutes, Messrs Strange and Ward are certainly not representative of me.

They seem to represent those people who like to be on 10000000's of boards and panels but do fuck all.

Ranjit Bhurpa

They seem to represent those people who like to be on 10000000's of boards and panels but do fuck all.
Yes. I'm reminded of the term 'testiculators' - people who wave their arms about, do fuck all except talk absolute bollocks.
Also the Seagull Manager - flies in, shits on everything and flies off again.

Nick

Administrator
Yes. I'm reminded of the term 'testiculators' - people who wave their arms about, do fuck all except talk absolute bollocks.
Also the Seagull Manager - flies in, shits on everything and flies off again.

Or just turn up for the Christmas bash and get in photos because they are a long lost trustee of something random.

Things to add under the email signature but no actual power of any sort.

Users who are viewing this thread