Is today? - Retained List Thread (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

He rejected his contract being transferred to the new company so essentially made himself a free agent. We sweetened the deal by giving Rangers some kind of clause as there was some holdup over Jamie Ness leaving in a similar way.

oucho

I reckon he’ll bin C Thomas, Finch, Philips, Lourentzon, Hunt, Ramage, Henderson, O’Brien and possibly Fortune. Fleck we know won’t renew. He will try to negotiate with Reda and will offer new deals to the rest.

ccfc92

He rejected his contract being transferred to the new company so essentially made himself a free agent. We sweetened the deal by giving Rangers some kind of clause as there was some holdup over Jamie Ness leaving in a similar way.

Hardly like signing for Celtic :)

Will be interesting to see where he goes next if he leaves.

Chipfat

Lawton and the Twins are up as well wonder if they are offered i think Dion and Devon may get another year.

ccfc92

[h=3]News expected....[/h]So we’re waiting for the announcement on who will be kept on by the Sky Blues manager Tony Mowbray.
It has been moved back until tomorrow but Mogga was then able to speak with the final players and it’s now imminent
Stay tuned.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Reda Johnson, Conor Thomas, Aaron Martin, Martin Lorentzson, Aaron Phillips, Peter Ramage, Stephen Hunt and Darius Henderson will all be released following the end of their contracts.
Striker Marc-Antoine Fortune has had his contract cancelled immediately to help facilitate the next stage of his career and Joe Cole has already left the club.

lifeskyblue

I am disappointed that Martin is released. He has consistently been one of our better players this season. Hope he gets a good contract elsewhere...a good professional and decent guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KersleyDigs

Aaron Martin is the big surprise for me there. Thought he was really good this season!

I expect Mowbray wants brutish centre halves in the Ben Turner/Reda mould, but ones not made of glass...

Tudgay deserves a new deal, Arma said how brilliant he has been with him and 5 goals in 6 starts is a good return. He is reliable when he does get on the pitch

Ccfcisparks

Pleased with this, nice big clear out of all the dead wood but glad hes trying to keep tudgay, great to have in and around the changing room

Winny the Bish

Shocked about Martin - was a Top 5 player for us this year.

Interesting that Lawton "will be" offered a new deal, while Fleck, the Kelly-Evans twins and Kyle Spence "have" been offered contracts. Waiting for news about his knee injury? Month-to-month contract?

Chipfat

I think TM is keen on Lawton to make an impact, supposed to be a very good athlete, lets hope he can step up with the Kelly Evans boys another crop of Cov kids coming through.

Must be some good money saved by the 10 they let go and if 2 or 3 of G Thomas, Stevenson, Harries, Kelly Evans and Lawton step up it has to give TM some wriggle room in the budget.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Shocked about Martin - was a Top 5 player for us this year.

Interesting that Lawton "will be" offered a new deal, while Fleck, the Kelly-Evans twins and Kyle Spence "have" been offered contracts. Waiting for news about his knee injury? Month-to-month contract?
I doubt Lawton will be on much, give him a chance I guess

skybluejelly

they have scored 19 goals between them in 330 combined appearances ... I know there are a lot of defenders there but reda has 8 on his own..

just what was needed .. no sentiment..just common sense

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think TM is keen on Lawton to make an impact, supposed to be a very good athlete, lets hope he can step up with the Kelly Evans boys another crop of Cov kids coming through.
I think he sees Lawton as an understudy to Vincelot, very passionate about his city and he was captaining the U21s earlier in the season.

Specs WT-R75

Reda I am going to suggest is not healing well from his injury. Logically only thing that makes sense. Would hate for him to end up at a rival that's for sure :(

Users who are viewing this thread