Is today? - Retained List Thread (2 Viewers)

Chipfat

Are Lawton, Finch and Kelly Evans Twins contracts up now as well?, if so i would keep the twins see how they go with another 1st team pre season behind them and maybe give Lawton a season to get fit and push on.

As for the list above not much worth keeping in my opinion, Stokes, Martin are the ones that could play a part next season as Fleck and OB will be off i would of thought.

letsallsingtogether

I'm hoping for Arron Martin and Phillips to extend there deals. Maybe Tudgay to but I can see him leaving for 1st team football at Chesterfield or someone in that area of the country.

Tudgay Off to China I believe.

Esoterica

Henderson I would dismiss on the basis of his weight, mobility and prospects of realistic short or long term success. That said, the one on one comedy against Peterborough is reason enough.

When the wind blows in the right direction you can still hear laughter from the direction of Scunthorpe!

Winny the Bish

Are Lawton, Finch and Kelly Evans Twins contracts up now as well?, if so i would keep the twins see how they go with another 1st team pre season behind them and maybe give Lawton a season to get fit and push on.

As for the list above not much worth keeping in my opinion, Stokes, Martin are the ones that could play a part next season as Fleck and OB will be off i would of thought.

I'd keep Lawton and the twins on for another year as well, no harm in that whatsoever. Lawton didn't get a chance this year because of the ACL injury and the twins are both very versatile and can play anywhere. The three of them together would probably earn less a week than a Ramage/Henderson/Hunt as well.

SkyBlueZack

Need shot of CT and Phillips. Wages can be put to better use. If Ricketts is a positive influence in dressing room, can't he just be a coach? Would rather give the young lads a go or maybe try and pick up another Stokes.

Nick

Administrator
Forgot about Conor Thomas, if he is one of the highest earners then let him go.

I wonder if he would go to another L1 club or lower.

covcity4life

Those who are out of contract, from CET site:

Jim O'Brien
Conor Thomas
Martin Lorentzson
Aaron Phillips
Aaron Martin
Peter Ramage
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Stephen Hunt
Darius Henderson
John Fleck
Marcus Tudgay
Chris Stokes
Reda Johnson
Sam Ricketts

bold=keep
underlines=maybe
rest get rid

exciting summer ahead

steve82

With regards to Connor Thomas his contract is deffinatly up and its really irrelevant what he was earning. If TM should offer him new terms it would be exactly that, a offer reflective of his impact and value to to club.
In all honesty I think it's time he left for pastures new...

ccfc92

When they say retained, is it who they will offer new contracts to?

It's not the players agreeing to stay/sign a new contract, so we could still lose players we want to keep?

AFCCOVENTRY

In a sadistic kind of way this is exciting. It will also show if Mogga has learned from the lessons this season on who he keeps.

tom88

It's not the players agreeing to stay/sign a new contract, so we could still lose players we want to keep?

This is the exact question I have

I would assume its the players he wishes to keep and offered a new contact too.

ccfc92

In a sadistic kind of way this is exciting. It will also show if Mogga has learned from the lessons this season on who he keeps.

I know was you mean AFC. Cutting all the deadwood will be a big boost for the club and the wage bill, and hopefully allow us to use our limited funds to build a decent squad.

AFCCOVENTRY

Form what I understand it's who is being released and who will be offered new contracts.

New contracts subject to negotiation and agreement of course.

We will know for sure which players are being released.

ccfc92

Yeah, the agents will have to drag things out first and get themselves a nice cut :jerkit:

ajsccfc

I think so. It's really a list players who are definitely going and a list of who might not.

Gazolba

I bet he keeps Fortune.

Chipfat

Says Ricketts maybe offered a deal to stay and Reda in talks while, Martin will be released. That surely doesn't sound right Keep the crock with and Sam "no legs" Ricketts while getting rid of a player who has been very good this season and is the right age and experience.

ajsccfc

If Martin's not on the retained list it surely has to be that he wants to go elsewhere rather than Mowbray not wanting to keep him. Makes little sense the other way.

covcity4life

martins not the physical beast TM wants i dont think, he improved loads 2nd half of season but would he have even got into the team at all if cargill had not got injured? who knows

Chipfat

Yeah sort of see that TM wants a more physical CB which is why i suppose Willis plays wide as he prefers his athleticism more than physicality. But would of thought Martin pushing for a place is better than Ricketts and Reda in the stand watching on. Or in Reda's case someone else's stand!!!!!!!!!!!

ccfc92

martins not the physical beast TM wants i dont think, he improved loads 2nd half of season but would he have even got into the team at all if cargill had not got injured? who knows

Martin was doing well at the start of the season too, before getting injured :(

ajsccfc

He wasn't the player they'd hoped and then left when they had the unpleasantness, I'm sure I read that he wasn't exactly a local hero.

Users who are viewing this thread