Is today? - Retained List Thread (2 Viewers)

skybluejelly

Depends what there wages were.

I wish there was a way of finding out how much each player earns.

didn't Callum Wilson say he was on £600 a week ...then once he started banging them in they gave him a new contract of £1800...now if he was one of our brightest prospects i cant see many of the other young lads being on much more

Astute

Just a quick repost -

We won't get any compensation for the young released players will we? As we haven't offered contracts?

I know it wouldn't be much, but every little helps etc.

I know of a young lad playing for Blackpool. They had to offer him increased terms so he couldn't leave for free last season. They offered him an extra fiver a week. So he either had to stay or someone would have had to pay for him.

ccfc92

I know of a young lad playing for Blackpool. They had to offer him increased terms so he couldn't leave for free last season. They offered him an extra fiver a week. So he either had to stay or someone would have had to pay for him.

£5 minus the tax, not even a pints worth ;)

covcity4life

mowbray article on CET about not offering martin a contract

but of course WE CAN ONLY ASSUME THEY HAVE HAD A BUST UP

lmao

ajsccfc

Sounds like Martin's just a little too reserved going by that, he wants someone who'll wade in and dominate. If Johnson wasn't made of lollipop sticks he was perfect.

NorthernWisdom

Sounds like Martin's just a little too reserved going by that, he wants someone who'll wade in and dominate. If Johnson wasn't made of lollipop sticks he was perfect.

Hmmm yeah, ultimately it's Mowbray's judgement, and he'll stand or fall by it. Personally, as Martin seems to be a decent bloke, gets down to it, and isn't disruptive I'd have thought that counted in his favour in terms of the team as a whole, too but... we wait and see.

Would rather Mowbray was right than I was!

Although in an ideal world we win promotion, and Martin gets a gig somewhere with a manager who appreciates his qualities more.

Hobo

mowbray article on CET about not offering martin a contract

but of course WE CAN ONLY ASSUME THEY HAVE HAD A BUST UP

lmao

Some fans love writing their own script between the lines of reality.

Nick

Administrator
Some fans love writing their own script between the lines of reality.

The telegraph is well known for the mental, misinformed comments, I doubt most go to games and it wouldn't surprise me if a few shared IP addresses...

Most of it is scare mongering to get mouths frothing.

Hobo

Hmmm yeah, ultimately it's Mowbray's judgement, and he'll stand or fall by it. Personally, as Martin seems to be a decent bloke, gets down to it, and isn't disruptive I'd have thought that counted in his favour in terms of the team as a whole, too but... we wait and see.

Would rather Mowbray was right than I was!

Although in an ideal world we win promotion, and Martin gets a gig somewhere with a manager who appreciates his qualities more.

Northern, the impression I get from reading the article is TM acknowledges the improvement the fans have seen Aaron Martin's game this season. But there is a suggestion that perhaps he feels that is as good as it will get and he feels he can get better. It is clear he wants some physicality at the back, people who will compete every ball. Players who will inspire and motivate rather than need authentication themselves.

Nick

Administrator
Northern, the impression I get from reading the article is TM acknowledges the improvement the fans have seen Aaron Martin's game this season. But there is a suggestion that perhaps he feels that is as good as it will get and he feels he can get better. It is clear he wants some physicality at the back, people who will compete every ball. Players who will inspire and motivate rather than need authentication themselves.

That's how I read it.

Although I wouldn't mind Martin playing alongside a "beast" type player.

Will just have to see who he brings in.

SkyBlueZack

Is he perhaps thinking of bringing Harries through and wants a dominating experienced centre half to help guide Harries and the team?

fernandopartridge

Neil Eardley released by Brum, he's a decent right back isn't he? Although looks like he's hardly played for 3 years so maybe not and has had a succession of injuries.

torchomatic

Yes I know it's a reply, just copied and pasted, get over it. Agree with KC 100%. I wouldn't expect you to, of course.

Added Maton's pathetic little tweet too. Hope it winds you up even more.

Your Sig is wrong. That's not a retweet. It's a reply, and a pretty uninformed one at that.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Mowbray states that Sam Ricketts is a squad player next year and will be behind the new centre backs in pecking order.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/tony-mowbray-wants-coventry-citys-11316696

That's a good interview with TM. I like his thinking with both Ricketts and Tudgay as squad players and mentors/coaches in their fields of expertise. Ricketts hasn't got the legs for a full season and Tudgay can clearly be an impact player so both worth keeping as long as the wages are right.

Chipfat

Says more about what TM thinks of Tudgay and Ricketts as people than players so they both must of been very good around the group which can only be a good thing if kept on with still a view of playing them when needed. Both would not last playing every game but both are needed in a very young group. We really need two horrible CB that kick and head everything in front of them, we need them to stay fit as well not easy to find but im sure TM has a plan on who ans when they come in.

Chipfat

Neil Eardley released by Brum, he's a decent right back isn't he? Although looks like he's hardly played for 3 years so maybe not and has had a succession of injuries.

Really good player just has had so many bad injuries over the last few years, if fit he would of been at the Euros in June and playing week in week out at his club.

Gint11

I agree with what TM said. I like Martin and he has improved but TM wants 'Warriors' as his centre halves and Martin isn't that really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread