Is today? - Retained List Thread (1 Viewer)

speedie87

The players last day in of the season where Mowbray tells them if he wants then next season or not?

steve82

I'm hoping for Arron Martin and Phillips to extend there deals. Maybe Tudgay to but I can see him leaving for 1st team football at Chesterfield or someone in that area of the country.

Skyblueweeman

Anyone know what the number of players we were left with last season after the same day? i.e. What did we start with in terms of rebuilding?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

We started pre-season 2015/16 with:

Burge
RCC
Phillips
Martin
Willis
Stokes
Haynes
JOB
Swanson
Fleck
Lawton
Finch
C Thomas
Maddison
G Thomas
Tudgay

Then also the kids who have played this season that I haven’t included (Harries, Kelly-Evans etc)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Burge
RCC
Phillips
Johnson
Martin
Willis
Stokes
Haynes
JOB
Swanson
Fleck
Lawton
Finch
C Thomas
Maddison
G Thomas
Tudgay

Then also the kids who have played this season that I haven’t included (Harries, Kelly-Evans etc)

I don't think Johnson started did he? Wasn't he messing around for a while and signed late on?

It isn't too much different to this season.

edgy

I wonder when the news will break in the CT.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"CCFC OWNERS DECIMATE MOWBRAY'S SQUAD

Under fire CCFC owners, SISU, have compounded fans current disillusion by releasing first team stars. Ramage, Hunt & Ricketts have all been released in a cost cutting exercise that will infuriate skyblues fans already disillusioned by the club's fragile financial stability."

ccfcway

Burge
RCC
Phillips
Martin
Willis
Stokes
Haynes
JOB
Swanson
Fleck
Lawton
Finch
C Thomas
Maddison
G Thomas
Tudgay

Compared to last pre season at a guess:

OUT - Phillips, JOB, Swanson, Fleck, Maddison
IN - Vincelot, Jones, Vlad, Rose

Captain Dart

Last edited:

ccfc92

Those who are out of contract, from CET site:

Jim O'Brien
Conor Thomas
Martin Lorentzson
Aaron Phillips
Aaron Martin
Peter Ramage
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Stephen Hunt
Darius Henderson
John Fleck
Marcus Tudgay
Chris Stokes
Reda Johnson
Sam Ricketts

ajsccfc

Doesn't the club have an option to extend Stokes for a year? He probably wouldn't fall under the same category as the rest I'd imagine.

Gint11

We need to be as ruthless as players are with clubs (not blaming them). The fact Reda has played 22 games last year and 12 this year he should be on a pay as you play contract. I personally would let Ramage, Tudgay, Fortune, Thomas, Burge all go.

ccfc92

Jim O'Brien -
Keep
Conor Thomas - Release
Martin Lorentzson - Not sure
Aaron Phillips - Not sure
Aaron Martin - Keep
Peter Ramage - Definitely Release
Marc-Antoine Fortune - Release
Stephen Hunt - Depends on Stokes, but release
Darius Henderson - One on One vs P'Boro, that is all.
John Fleck - Definitely keep
Marcus Tudgay - Keep on a cheap deal
Chris Stokes - Definitely keep
Reda Johnson - Keep on a PAYP
Sam Ricketts - Maybe a player/coach role? If not, release.

ccfc92

Doesn't the club have an option to extend Stokes for a year? He probably wouldn't fall under the same category as the rest I'd imagine.

What if Stokes wants to go though, how would that work?

Or could we activate the clause, then we have a player of value with a year on his contract, so get a decent fee?

Captain Dart

We need to be as ruthless as players are with clubs (not blaming them). The fact Reda has played 22 games last year and 12 this year he should be on a pay as you play contract. I personally would let Ramage, Tudgay, Fortune, Thomas, Burge all go.

Reda has to go, 34 games in 2 seasons, better to have someone slightly less good who will play 34 games in a season.

ajsccfc

What if Stokes wants to go though, how would that work?

Or could we activate the clause, then we have a player of value with a year on his contract, so get a decent fee?
I'm not overly familiar with it, but that sounds about right to me yeah.

clint van damme

"Darius Henderson - One on One vs P'Boro, that is all. "

so you dismiss the guy based on 5 seconds of one game?

What about Barnsley where Andy Rose managed to head the ball into his own face? Would you bin him based on that moment of comedy?

fernandopartridge

What about Barnsley where Andy Rose managed to head the ball into his own face? Would you bin him based on that moment of comedy?

Henderson I would dismiss on the basis of his weight, mobility and prospects of realistic short or long term success. That said, the one on one comedy against Peterborough is reason enough.

ccfc92

Of course not, but would you keep him on? I haven't seen anything that shows he's worth keeping.

I'd much rather we kept Tudgay as our "senior" striker, at least he scores and can run.

clint van damme

Henderson I would dismiss on the basis of his weight, mobility and prospects of realistic short or long term success. That said, the one on one comedy against Peterborough is reason enough.

He was very unlucky not to get us a win v Port vale away and a draw at home to Fleetwood. Changed us for the better in both those games when he came on.

I'd definitely like to see a player of his ilk in the squad as an option from the bench even if it's not him.

AFCCOVENTRY

Jim O'Brien
Conor Thomas
Martin Lorentzson
Aaron Phillips
Aaron Martin
Peter Ramage
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Stephen Hunt
Darius Henderson
John Fleck
Marcus Tudgay
Chris Stokes
Reda Johnson
Sam Ricketts

That list is a lot of decent wages for bringing in our own upcoming league players like Rose, Jones etc imo.

No more pensioners!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread