Gyokeres (1 Viewer)

AiS86

I don't get the uproar. "I want to progress my career" is not the same as "fuck these chumps, I want out". It doesn't read well, but then there's no tone, and it's probably been through google translate. Was pretty obvious he was off after Wembley, and at least now it clears it up for any who were holding out hope of him signing a new contract

GaryPendrysEyes

He wants the best for himself the same way we want the best for the club, it's no differant. You could argue that the offer from Sporting is actually fair on the basis they could sign him on a pre contract for free in just over 6 months. If that were to happen and we lost him for nothing, all of a sudden 17m in the bank plus add ons and a sell on clause look really good. If Vik really was 'self-centred' he would be better waiting until January as he would get larger wages and a nice signing on fee. I think he just wants what he feels is fair.
He wants us to significantly undersell him (in our well known poor financial position) so he can get exactly what he wants. Sound pretty self centred to me given what we’ve done for his career.
Obviously King would be mad to entertain that and he won’t.

Reactions: vow

CCFCSteve

He wants us to significantly undersell him (in our well known poor financial position) so he can get exactly what he wants. Sound pretty self centred to me given what we’ve done for his career.
Obviously King would be mad to entertain that and he won’t.

Im not sure about significantly undersell. According to the reports, it feels Iike Sporting appears to be his preferred current choice and he knows they won’t be able to compete with Prem clubs. His view might change if the right Prem/German/Italian/Spanish club comes in for him though.

The facts are we can’t force him to move so a deal needs to be right for both parties. If 17m plus 35% sell on is true I don’t think that’s significantly underselling him, especially as a decent season or two and he could go for massive money. On the flip side 30m feels toppy for a player with a year left.

Ultimately you/others are correct, it’s not really for him to determine the price, as with anything it’s what someone’s willing to pay, however, I don’t think he’s actually said anything that bad/controversial. He’d also probably get less wages over there. If he’d come out and said I’m on strike and will sit out my contract unless I get my move, now that would piss me off. Hopefully we don’t get there and a good deal can be done for all parties

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm sat need to a Swedish woman at work, might ask her to translate it for me if someone has a link

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Careful that your request doesn't get lost in translation.

'Hello Astrid, can you help sort out a problem with my 'big Vik' ? Could end up in HR, or you might get lucky. :ROFLMAO:

NorthernWisdom

I'm sat need to a Swedish woman at work, might ask her to translate it for me if someone has a link

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

aviles

Jesus, some people are having some serious meltdowns over this interview.

I for one wish Vik all the best and will continue to follow his career. I appreciate football first and foremost is a business and we need to get as much money as we can from him, but if its true and he did have the chance to leave in the winter, i think the club should give him some form of say in where he goes next. I would hate for viks memory to be soured, when actually hes probably the best forward player to wear the badge in the last 20 years.

We as fans moan that we are kept out of the loop... well now we all know, hes leaving us. I have no ill feeling to him wanting to significantly increase his salary and play at a higher level, if i didn't support the club i was playing for i would do the exact same.

fernandopartridge

I got my colleague to translate - she only did so verbally. In essence the key question was about the transfer fee where they interviewer asked specifically if it was too high:

Vik said that whether it's too high or not is a decision for the interested club(s). He said that he'd only got a year left on his contract and in that context it is quite a lot.

Legia Sky Blue

He wants the best for himself the same way we want the best for the club, it's no differant. You could argue that the offer from Sporting is actually fair on the basis they could sign him on a pre contract for free in just over 6 months. If that were to happen and we lost him for nothing, all of a sudden 17m in the bank plus add ons and a sell on clause look really good. If Vik really was 'self-centred' he would be better waiting until January as he would get larger wages and a nice signing on fee. I think he just wants what he feels is fair.

While it might be true that they can agree a pre contract to sign him in 6 months time, he would still not be able to join them and play for them until the following season. I would say its as risky for him to do that as it is for us. He could get injured, he could lose form, there could be management changes at Sporting Lisbon, whereby the new manager might not fancy him, while all the time he would be continuing on the much lower wage we will be paying him.

FWIW I think this is likely to drag out at least a month more. Sporting seem desperate to get him signed asap, but at the moment time is on our side. We can sit and wait about another month to see the exact level of interest there is in him beyond Lisbon, as if Gyok is with the Swedish team I guess he is still to have his holiday, which the rest of the team and management will be currently taking, so I would have thought he will come back to pre season training a couple of weeks after the rest of the players, by which time I think we too would like it sorted, so that we have some decent time still to bring in replacements before the season starts.

GaryPendrysEyes

Im not sure about significantly undersell. According to the reports, it feels Iike Sporting appears to be his preferred current choice and he knows they won’t be able to compete with Prem clubs. His view might change if the right Prem/German/Italian/Spanish club comes in for him though.

The facts are we can’t force him to move so a deal needs to be right for both parties. If 17m plus 35% sell on is true I don’t think that’s significantly underselling him, especially as a decent season or two and he could go for massive money. On the flip side 30m feels toppy for a player with a year left.

Ultimately you/others are correct, it’s not really for him to determine the price, as with anything it’s what someone’s willing to pay, however, I don’t think he’s actually said anything that bad/controversial. He’d also probably get less wages over there. If he’d come out and said I’m on strike and will sit out my contract unless I get my move, now that would piss me off. Hopefully we don’t get there and a good deal can be done for all parties
‘Reports from Portugal last week claimed that Sporting are now willing to push to just over £17m to get their man’. No mention of add ons.
‘City’s valuation for the player, however, is understood to be north of £20m’.

I’d call £4m or £5m significant. Significant enough to pay some decent quality player wages for a few years.

Bertola

Just been on Sky Sports news that talks between us and Sporting are at an advanced stage. They mentioned £17m and addons

bigfatronssba

Sounds like we'll soon see the colour of Doug's money then.

Will he give Robins the £17m?

Or will he make the same mistake the previous two owners made and think that selling assets to fund running costs is a sensible idea?

hamil99

Facebook User

Or will he make the same mistake the previous two owners made and think that selling assets to fund running costs is a sensible idea?
12m to Robins and 5m for the running costs should do the trick. Plus the money already in the kitty, and any more recieved from further transfers should give us enough to build a pretty decent team.

bigfatronssba

Even SISU would have given some of £17mil for players.
True, its how much is the question.

There isn't really an excuse for all of that money to go towards the team (be it fees are wages).

The fact we're making a loss is an irrelevance, as he should already have a plan in place to cover that

Colin Steins Smile

The transfer fee will probably to paid in 6 payments over 3 years. Obviously, any players we buy will probably will duplicate the payment schedule for Vik. However, I expect some of the transfer fee will be directed to paying for the new pitches at Ryton & CBS and running costs, so MR could possibly be allocated 60 - 70% of any fee.

Legia Sky Blue

Just been on Sky Sports news that talks between us and Sporting are at an advanced stage. They mentioned £17m and addons

Doesn't mean anything in reality. I expect that story has come from Lisbon and/ or Vik's agent hoping to help pressure us into selling. Wouldn't be surprised if his agent will have agreed a deal with Lisbon that he will be paid extra for keeping the transfer fee as low as possible, and that also the lower the fee the higher the salary they will pay Vik. I think a fair value for Vik is between £20m to £25m, so I will be disappointed if we don't get that minimum £20m + add ons at the end of the day.

Colin Steins Smile

Doesn't mean anything in reality. I expect that story has come from Lisbon and/ or Vik's agent hoping to help pressure us into selling. Wouldn't be surprised if his agent will have agreed a deal with Lisbon that he will be paid extra for keeping the transfer fee as low as possible, and that also the lower the fee the higher the salary they will pay Vik. I think a fair value for Vik is between £20m to £25m, so I will be disappointed if we don't get that minimum £20m + add ons at the end of the day.
Totally agree. Potentially the agent could have negotiated his fee prior to anything else. Players need to watch who's interests are their agent serving most!
I can't help think that Vik could secure a much higher contract with a PL team than Lisbon. Obviously the potential of European football will be attractive, but if he went to West Ham he'd have that there too.

RoboCCFC90

I don't think it will be that easy.

Do Brighton or his previous club in Sweden have a sell on clause?

Giving Robins £17m really doesn't make sense, a %age of the funds should be invested into improving the infrastructure of the club or the academy, with the remainder being available for transfers.

bigfatronssba

I don't think it will be that easy.

Do Brighton or his previous club in Sweden have a sell on clause?

Giving Robins £17m really doesn't make sense, a %age of the funds should be invested into improving the infrastructure of the club or the academy, with the remainder being available for transfers.

Well we don't have details of his previous club.

And yes, investment in infrastructure is fine, as that will grow the club.

What I'm talking about is using the money to pay ground rent or HMRC.

Day to day running costs should never be funded with asset sales. Only a failing business would operate on such a model

bigfatronssba

The other thing he says in his interview is that he's not that bothered about the premier league - he wants to go to a club that shows they want him and will be best for his career.

He's already got that

long way home

No need to panic MR will of known the decision of Vik weeks if not months ago. They knew going into the play off final and in the changing room after definitely knew the outcome. Surely its not a shock to anyone Vik is off, even if the article is not 100% accurate, its the inevitable result of not being in the prem. We have to remember when Vik was signed on loan he had been struggling at Swansea and initially struggling with us. Only MR and AV seen a really good player in him and pushed the boat out to sign him on a permanent deal. Who honestly seen then he was going to be a potential 20 mill pound player, ill tell ya, nobody seen it, so don't stress we will come out on top of this deal, no matter what price in pounds.

We need to look at that and trust in the process that MR and AV have in place. They know exactly how and who will improve the squad and will already have plans in place to get quality in. I understand fans frustration to lose the best players but at the minute its all we are hearing. Let the news turn into replacements and mind sets will change. I hope Vik and Gus or whoever else is sold enjoyed the time at the club and will fondly look back at it, the fans are making it a special club to play for and that will continue. The culture and expectations are being set and current players will demand the standards are maintained.

Players will go, we will stay, always is and always will be this way. MR will look forward, as we all should and look forward to seeing the next Vik, Gus or Callum walk in the door and perform.

Sick Boy

No need to panic MR will of known the decision of Vik weeks if not months ago. They knew going into the play off final and in the changing room after definitely knew the outcome. Surely its not a shock to anyone Vik is off, even if the article is not 100% accurate, its the inevitable result of not being in the prem. We have to remember when Vik was signed on loan he had been struggling at Swansea and initially struggling with us. Only MR and AV seen a really good player in him and pushed the boat out to sign him on a permanent deal. Who honestly seen then he was going to be a potential 20 mill pound player, ill tell ya, nobody seen it, so don't stress we will come out on top of this deal, no matter what price in pounds.

We need to look at that and trust in the process that MR and AV have in place. They know exactly how and who will improve the squad and will already have plans in place to get quality in. I understand fans frustration to lose the best players but at the minute its all we are hearing. Let the news turn into replacements and mind sets will change. I hope Vik and Gus or whoever else is sold enjoyed the time at the club and will fondly look back at it, the fans are making it a special club to play for and that will continue. The culture and expectations are being set and current players will demand the standards are maintained.

Players will go, we will stay, always is and always will be this way. MR will look forward, as we all should and look forward to seeing the next Vik, Gus or Callum walk in the door and perform.
Eh? Brighton definitely saw the potential in him too.

Users who are viewing this thread