Gyokeres (5 Viewers)

long way home

Part of the business and not really a shock. The move to us has worked out in everyone's favour. He will hopefully show gratitude towards the staff that have made him better and thank the fans for the love he has received. I would of thought the vast majority would wish him luck going forward. Now for the club, its get your best price and move on.

Im sure that's what MR and the players will do and learn to win games a different way. Never nice to lose good players but its the way and now lets see what Doug is made of and see how MR reacts, that will answer a lot of questions on here at least about Doug anyway.

AFCCOVENTRY

Mbappe with 12 months left on his contract has just said he won’t be staying on at PSG beyond that. PSG will now sell him this summer.

It’s all the same at every level of the game.

skyblu3sk

Geez, this forum flip-flops in opinion quicker than butter melts in this current heatwave. Before 11am today and it's his agent stirring shit up. And by 5pm, it's all Vik's fault, the Judas wannabe. F' him this way and that. Bin him out of the club. Who's organising the flaming torches and pitchforks ?

Hold that thought.... How much of that Swedish interview was Vik's own words and how much was his agent ? Or the journalist ? Is this magazine/newpaper/website the Swedish version of the Guardian or is it The Sun or CoventryLive ? That "£17mill is too much" is certainly an ideal soundbite worthy of a clickbait title.

Players do this. Dublin did it, Bellamy did. Even McNulty did to an extent.

As much as we wish it, Coventry City is not the best team in the world so players will always want to move on and improve. So thank him for the last 2 1/2 years, allow MR to make the best decision for the club and if Vik goes, think how we'll spend the cash and on whom.

Rant over (and I've just seen Earlsdon's steady response above :ROFLMAO: )
There is an element of respect though. My response would be sorry I'm not going to talk about and speculation as it is just that. Similarly when I'm looking to leave a business I sit down with my boss explain why and agree to handle comms as they want to. Its courtesy.

Finham

Even Le Tissier: maybe liked being a big fish in a small pond, brilliant player obvs, but didn't exactly break his neck when playing for England, suggesting he wasn't too arsed about it.

Steve Bull might be another example. Sure he could have got a big money move, but preferred it where he was, with that right-winger - Andy something? - putting it on a plate for him every week.

Very different times. Treat yourself and read "The Damned United" if you haven't read it already: great book. The Shankly one is nowhere near as good.
Andy Mutch? He wasn't a winger though, more like a Beardsley-type forward. I think he'd have still scored loads without him though.

SlowerThanPlatt

He's scored 7 less league goals in the 5 years since he left us than he scored during his 1 with us. He sounds happy picking up money and being a flop.

Doesn’t strike me as someone overly ambitious or professional but seemingly got what he wanted out of the game

robbiekeane

Why? He ha shown why it's right for a human to make the decision to leave
Absolutely. Fair play to him - especially at the level of football he was playing it’s important to maximise earnings and now he’s got himself living in a beautiful part of the world

Bet he’s gutted he didn’t wait longer playing for cov city and end up kicking around the lower leagues for the rest of his life…

Peter Billing Eyes

The odd thing in McNulty’s brief résumé tweet is “played for Sunderland”, like it is a pinnacle achievement. That he has taken the bait speaks volumes. Give it time, Skybluezam might still get the last word in.

fatso

People always say this, people said without O’Hare we’d be a relegation team and we finished fifth. Fact is without Vik we’d have someone else and play a different style.
Exactly.
And if we keep him and he does his ACL in pre season, every fucking expert on here will want to know why we didn't cash in when we had the chance.
Probably the same experts who didn't rate him when we signed him.

Vik is a fantastic player, but the truth is we are very one dimensional when he plays, and Hamer has carried us through far too many games.

slowpoke

Exactly.
And if we keep him and he does his ACL in pre season, every fucking expert on here will want to know why we didn't cash in when we had the chance.
Probably the same experts who didn't rate him when we signed him.

Vik is a fantastic player, but the truth is we are very one dimensional when he plays, and Hamer has carried us through far too many games.
Not sure about one dimensional a lot of time due to injuries we had to play just Vik as our striker, but agree if he does move on we may have to tweak how we play forward wise.

TomRad85

Crap name Victor anyway and don't get me started on his surname.
Awkward Bbc GIF by britbox

Reactions: vow

Mucca Mad Boys

Fair to say this didn’t go as expected:

I’m sure he wouldn’t admit it publicly, but I’d be surprised if he didn’t regret leaving us straight away. MR has been the only manager to get any output out of him.

5 times his salary? I doubt he wasn’t on much with us in L2.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread