Cambridge United (Away) Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Nathccfc

People are looking too much into friendly results, like what [MENTION=134]kg82[/MENTION] said earlier it's irrelevant really, because you try different things and maybe the players have a different mind set.

pipkin73

Got a house by the beach with millions of noisy crickets, my house is about 50 yards from the beach. Please someone must know a way to shut them up. I have been told they will shut up in the next week, but I have also been told they keep at it until temps go below 30 degrees. I have Lizards living in the same place, they are supposed to eat them so what the fuck. Come on somebody, help me get rid of these grasshoppers.

Hobo

Why didn't the Newcastle lad play?

Wasnt registered in time the official line.....but doubt they would tip an 18 year old in who hasn't yet trained with the team.

stupot07

Anywhere there tonight will admit we are lightweight going forward. Final 3rd we were poor. Maddison goes down too easy. We have no out and out striker. Tonight we had the ball in the final 3rd and no-one in the box. I fear the worse without a target man. Too many similar players in similar postions We lack balance and we need at least 3-4 new players to survive this season and that's no exaggeration. Not impressed by tonight performance

It's not even just the lack of out and out striker, none of our attacking midfielders make runs in behind the strikers, they all want the ball deep in front of the back four so they can run at or try to pass through them. We'll still be stuck with just one man in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Do people actually think an 18 year old small kid from Newcastle is going to swing it. We're weak for this league and too much faith is being put in past players who have failed. Some of us have maintained a level of reality that has been slated but the overt optimists are the ones who are going to be blubbing soon. If we don't get a level of physicality in the side to compliment the youth........and soon, we shall be non starters once again and SISU will just move on with their legal ambitions without looking back !

No.
Neither will Maddison.
Neither will Lamieras.

But put all three in your squad and with a bit of rotation you start to build a team.

I am more worried about the hole Reda Johnson is supposed to plug to be honest.

Mowbrey will bring in two more loans and a signing before the transfer window ends. Friendlies count for nothing, so don't get depressed too soon!

Skyblueweeman

And to be fair, we're a team rebuilding. I think this season will be one of consolidation and building. I just hope the majority of fans realise that this season is still going to be tough and set their expectations a little more realistically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Got a house by the beach with millions of noisy crickets, my house is about 50 yards from the beach. Please someone must know a way to shut them up. I have been told they will shut up in the next week, but I have also been told they keep at it until temps go below 30 degrees. I have Lizards living in the same place, they are supposed to eat them so what the fuck. Come on somebody, help me get rid of these grasshoppers.
Get in the f***ing sea!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Wheelfass

Anyone there tonight will admit we are lightweight going forward. Final 3rd we were poor. Maddison goes down too easy. We have no out and out striker. Tonight we had the ball in the final 3rd and no-one in the box. I fear the worse without a target man. Too many similar players in similar postions We lack balance and we need at least 3-4 new players to survive this season and that's no exaggeration. Not impressed by tonight performance
Agree with you, that's how I saw the game too. Put that together with Burge's performance and I'm starting to feel nervous. He miss-kicked a clearance looping it skywards and he sent another clearance straight to the feet of a Cambridge attacker. There was one easy save down at the home end in the second half that he dropped and then he caught the ball with his hands clearly outside of the 18 yard box. Yes, this was only a pre season friendly but I didn't see enough to make me feel confident for the fast approaching campaign. But I guess its early days yet and maybe they are saving their best for the season ahead.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anywhere there tonight will admit we are lightweight going forward. Final 3rd we were poor. Maddison goes down too easy. We have no out and out striker. Tonight we had the ball in the final 3rd and no-one in the box. I fear the worse without a target man. Too many similar players in similar postions We lack balance and we need at least 3-4 new players to survive this season and that's no exaggeration. Not impressed by tonight performance
We won't go down, the idiots on here say we are nailed on for relegation after every defeat since the beginning of the internet.

No chance we will go down.

Hobo

Rule 1. When you move to the country animals will make noises.
Rule 2. Buy a shotgun.

The Reverend Skyblue

Still believe we are going to have one cracking season,and being an oldie I haven't felt many times like this.

freindlies are meaningless, they are there to try out formations and positional options.

next

Wheelfass

We won't go down, the idiots on here say we are nailed on for relegation after every defeat since the beginning of the internet.

No chance we will go down.
Why mention relegation, not sure if anyone has actually mentioned relegation. I think there may have been some realistic views though.

SlowerThanPlatt

And to be fair, we're a team rebuilding. I think this season will be one of consolidation and building. I just hope the majority of fans realise that this season is still going to be tough and set their expectations a little more realistically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And before we know it's our 5th season in L1 having never pushed for promotion once and finishing in the bottom half every time, crowds get lower than the year before, best players leave. We can't go on like this any longer, we want another year of losing more than we win? That's gone on for too long now, if we ever want to get rid of this losing mentality at the club and get rid of the tag 'Comfortable Coventry' we need to demand more from the team. Getting turned over 3, 4-0 at home by teams who aren't that good is accepted here and it's in our nature just to roll over and accept it as fans.

We don't go up or have a successful season in the JPT & cups, Mowbray is gone by his own accord. What other clubs accept 40(?) years of not finishing in the top 6 of any division, again 'comfortable Coventry' just happy to be playing the same teams year after year with no ambition to push for promotion.

I don't know what it is. Coleman came in and said the same thing there's losing a mentality at this club, couldn't change it and so did Boothroyd. Mowbray also said similar too, players turn up, play a game of football, not too bothered if they lose as long as they're picking up their wage every week. I'm guessing the culprits have already left the club or won't be playing this season.

When's it going to change? When are we going to in games expecting to win, not being happy with a draw or a '1-0 loss ain't that bad they're 14th in the table'.

I hope it finally changes this year, we've/are hopefully going to bring in players who are leaders and want to succeed (Vincelot and Ricketts) not players who are just happy to be here same time next year (Barton and Webster).

Not a rant at your post whatsoever WM more at the club and just accepting average every season and keeping the players who produced average at the club. I'm not just ranting because we lost to a League 2 team in a friendly, I was going to post this in a thread of my own but thought it'd be better off here.

And...relax. :D

The Lurker

Still believe we are going to have one cracking season,and being an oldie I haven't felt many times like this.

freindlies are meaningless, they are there to try out formations and positional options.

next

You'd mention formation? From tonight's performance we have no formation. Too many similar players getting in eachother's way not knowing what there actually doing on the pitch. It might only be a friendly but going on this performace, we haven't got that killer instinct just like last season and we need some physical players because we got pushed off the ball and looked like school kids playing against grown ups.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why mention relegation, not sure if anyone has actually mentioned relegation. I think there may have been some realistic views though.
The guy I quoted said we need at least 3-4 players just to survive. Not surviving = relegation, do I have a different meaning of relegation to you?

dongonzalos

Not overly worried atm still, I know we only have 1 pre-season game left, but clearly Mowbray is getting his point across we are dominating the games. Just no cutting edge atm, really do still need another 4 players- wingers and 2 strikers. Defensively solid, but still at set pieces can't switch off.

GK, one proven striker and two other loanees

SkyBlue_Bear83

You sound pleased. Are you going to be pleased if you are proved right and the optimistic people are left blubbing. Seems an odd thing to be pleased about.

I honestly reckon some people would actually be bitter if we done well and got promoted, they wouldn't be able to stomach that we had a relatively successful season under SISU.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

The guy I quoted said we need at least 3-4 players just to survive. Not surviving = relegation, do I have a different meaning of relegation to you?

You said the "idiots" on here say we are nailed on for relegation.
One person! maybe you should have just called him an idiot directly. Instead of doing the usual of running down your fellow fans.
Obviously if you can find lots of idiots on here saying we are nailed on for relegation. I apologise. If you can't I am saddened to say that you live nothing more (like a few others) than mounting down your fellow fan

SkyBlue_Bear83

You said the "idiots" on here say we are nailed on for relegation.
One person! maybe you should have just called him an idiot directly. Instead of doing the usual of running down your fellow fans.
Obviously if you can find lots of idiots on here saying we are nailed on for relegation. I apologise. If you can't I am saddened to say that you live nothing more (like a few others) than mounting down your fellow fan
So you're saying it doesn't happen? Come off it mate. Only one on here mentioned it tonight (as far as I can see) but everytime we lost last season people were tipping us for relegation which by the way they were proven to be wrong. These are the idiots I was talking about.

I notice how you were quick to reply to me running down my own fans as you put it, yet you have failed to pick up on someone posting gleefully at the thought of the optimistic fans 'blubbing' if we do badly. I guess I'm an easy target because I don't role with the sheep mentality on here.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

So you're saying it doesn't happen? Come off it mate. Only one on here mentioned it tonight (as far as I can see) but everytime we lost last season people were tipping us for relegation which by the way they were proven to be wrong. These are the idiots I was talking about.

I notice how you were quick to reply to me running down my own fans as you put it, yet you have failed to pick up on someone posting gleefully at the thought of the optimistic fans 'blubbing' if we do badly. I guess I'm an easy target because I don't role with the sheep mentality on here.

I am just getting really peeved with people having a pop at fellow Cov City Fans.
If people were suggesting we had a chance of relegation last season. Then I think to be fair they were actually proved right.
I didn't think we would but it wasn't far off was it?
One bloke suggests it tonight ( I think he is wrong) and you say the 'idiots' suggesting there are more.
Personally I can't accept our ambition is top ten. However in the current curcumstances I would see that as progress.
I am annoyed that I see 10th in division 3 as progress. However in the current climate I don't see slagging off fellow Cov fans who are despondent as the right thing to do.
Personal opinion, sorry

Nick

Administrator

It's just the negative police policing people who disagree with negativity, ironic really

Nick

Administrator
I am just getting really peeved with people having a pop at fellow Cov City Fans.
If people were suggesting we had a chance of relegation last season. Then I think to be fair they were actually proved right.
One bloke suggests it tonight ( I think he is wrong) and you say the 'idiots' suggesting there are more.
Personally I can't accept our ambition is top ten. However in the current curcumstances I would see that as progress.
I am annoyed that I see 10th in division 3 as progress. However in the current climate I don't see slagging off fellow Cov fans who are despondent as the right thing to do.
Personal opinion, sorry

But it's ok to slag them off for being optimistic? I thought you didn't want people to be negative? Surely you should be telling everybody to be optimistic too?

Strange how somebody so determined against negativity tries so hard to give reason not to go to games and to defend people who are the most negative when people who are being positive tell them to be positive? Something very strange.

dongonzalos

But it's ok to slag them off for being optimistic? I thought you didn't want people to be negative? Surely you should be telling everybody to be optimistic too?

Strange how somebody so determined against negativity tries so hard to give reason not to go to games and to defend people who are the most negative when people who are being positive tell them to be positive? Something very strange.

Saying that there is no special thing about Coventry fans that makes them particularly shit supporters is a load of bollox. Is not giving them excuses not to attend.
Saying you like the City itself and that I am proud of our supporters. Is not giving excuses to not attend.
We are not some special breed of shit supporter. Times are crap yet our attendances are high for this level of football.
I will defend the fellow Cov fans and attack when others exaggerate when grouping Cov fans as idiots when only one is suggesting we are relegation fodder.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Saying that there is no special thing about Coventry fans that makes them particularly shit supporters is a load of bollox. Is not giving them excuses not to attend.
Saying you like the City itself and that I am proud of our supporters. Is not giving excuses to not attend.
We are not some special breed if shit supporter. Times are crap yet our attendances are high for this level if football.
I will defend the fellow Civ fans and attack when others exaggerate when grouping Cov Dann's as idiots when only one is suggesting we are relegation fodder.
Pretty sure more have said it, read the wall and telegraph comments. Just a shame you don't defend the optimistic fans.

dongonzalos

Pretty sure more have said it, read the wall and telegraph comments. Just a shame you don't defend the optimistic fans.

Don't read the telegrah comments.
CCFC said idiots on here. ( so the CET is not relevant)
People are quite optimistic this season. Hence my comment previously about jumping on the TM optimism making a big name striker signing and dropping the season ticket costs. So the increase in attendance matches the drop in cost.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Personal opinion, sorry
No he is now part of the groups of idiots who consistently said we were going down last season, they haven't posted tonight.

Nothing wrong with being wary of relegation, from February onwards we were in a relegation battle. The ones who annoyed me were those saying we were going down and given up with 10 games to play or saying we were going down when it would have taken a very unlikely set of results to do so. It's not like we were even entrenched the relegation zone for most of the season and did a great escape, we were always favourites to beat the drop yet the doom merchants couldn't see these facts.

Nick

Administrator
Don't read the telegrah comments.
CCFC said idiots on here. ( so the CET is not relevant)
People are quite optimistic this season. Hence my comment previously about jumping on the TM optimism making a big name striker signing and dropping the season ticket costs. So the increase in attendance matches the drop in cost.
Here we go....

I'll watch out for you being a defender of city fans when rfc is posting next or anybody getting slated for being positive.

dongonzalos

No he is now part of the groups of idiots who consistently said we were going down last season, they haven't posted tonight.

Nothing wrong with being wary of relegation, from February onwards we were in a relegation battle. The ones who annoyed me were those saying we were going down and given up with 10 games to play or saying we were going down when it would have taken a very unlikely set of results to do so. It's not like we were even entrenched the relegation zone for most of the season and did a great escape, we were always favourites to beat the drop yet the doom merchants couldn't see these facts.

Agree...........
Grouping you in with a trend of a few people who seem to get a perverse kick from running down their own city and its football fans. Probably read to much into your comment to be fair.
I apologise

Users who are viewing this thread