Cambridge United (Away) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Cambridge United (Away). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Cambridge United (Away) </h2>
71144-9860.png

Abbey Stadium
7.45PM Kick Off
</div>

cornoccfc

Managed by Richard Money still I assume.

I doubt they'll be another striker in time for this, so further chance for TM to get the style of play sorted; some promising signs at the Luton game.

Samo

I think there will be a striker announced tomorrow. Tuesday will be interesting

ccfc92

If we get a striker in today or tomorrow, then we should get our first win Tuesday :) Get some momentum going for Wigan...

Wheelfass

Not so sure about this one. I'll be going to the game as we have family to visit there who are Cambridge fans. Cambridge have a really good set-up at the Abbey. Richard Money is their manager. They have a new pitch for this season even though it has always been a good pitch for those teams who like to pass the pass the ball about rather than hoof, so the pitch may suit us very well. However, they have signed about 7 new players and they will all be looking to impress. Ex City goalie Chris Dunne was between the sticks last season and this season they have added to that position with the signing of Sam Beasant - son of Dave Beasant. Also on their books is Robbie Simpson.
Away fans are usually in the new seated stand behind the goal at the opposite end of the ground to the main Newmarket Road, which is the end used by the more vocal home supporters (their end is known as the NRE for obvious reasons.
I'm looking forward to this one and keeping my fingers crossed cos I want the bragging rights.

Last edited:

Wheelfass

Proper local game this for me, living in Newmarket, many coming along to it?
Half hour run for you then Idm. We're traveling from Cov at midday to Waterbeach. Up To the Abbey later on and then back to Waterbeach.
Cant expect many to go as its an absolute minimum of 90 minutes from Cov depending on the A14.

brez

We're going down from cov, going to try the scenic route to avoid m6, A14 junction. There were big taibacks there when we went past it on way to luton.

Wheelfass

We're going down from cov, going to try the scenic route to avoid m6, A14 junction. There were big taibacks there when we went past it on way to luton.
You must mean Catthorpe. Always a mare and it's still not finished so could be a problem. Market Harb always a alternative but put yourself 2 and a half to one side to be sure. We always find that the M6 and A14 work out quicker in the end when we visit family there.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Having gone to Luton and Nuneaton, I cannot see where the goals are coming from. At Luton, we passed it around brilliantly at times, but every time Maddison looked like he was about to thread through a ball, he realised there wasn't anyone to latch onto it!

1-1 for me, Maddison with the goal.

Wheelfass

Having gone to Luton and Nuneaton, I cannot see where the goals are coming from. At Luton, we passed it around brilliantly at times, but every time Maddison looked like he was about to thread through a ball, he realised there wasn't anyone to latch onto it!

1-1 for me, Maddison with the goal.
With Cambridge new signings Leon Legge at 6'4" and Mark Roberts at 6'1"" in their defence, Maddison and co will need to be of nifty feet to get passed them. I think this will be a real test of things to come.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

With Cambridge new signings Leon Legge at 6'4" and Mark Roberts at 6'1"" in their defence, Maddison and co will need to be of nifty feet to get passed them. I think this will be a real test of things to come.

The Luton centre halves were huge and kicked Maddison and Lameries at every attempt. I worry about away matches like them where we need some physicality.

Wheelfass

The Luton centre halves were huge and kicked Maddison and Lameries at every attempt. I worry about away matches like them where we need some physicality.
Yep, that's a big problem IMO too. We need some big physical prescence at the pointed end and probably the same between the sticks as well. We'll see tomorrow night.

Skybluenutterman

To avoid M6/A14 go via Lutterworth A4303 towards Market Harborough but turn off at South Kilworth on A5199 and then pick up A14 at Junction 2. Works for me everytime.

Bugsy

Cook
Willis. Reda. Ricketts. Stokes
Vincelot
Obrien. Fleck. Lamieras
Maddison
Armstrong / tudgay

Thinkin of the starting 11 tonight looks pretty decent add two more flair/ goalscorer players in their destination top 6 pusb

Also add 3-0 to us....sky blue army

Last edited:

Wheelfass

Our club site is saying the last time we took on Cambrige was back in Jan 92 but we had another pre season game there for the start of the 08/09 season. I remember their crowd giving Freddie Eastwood a lot of stick and suggesting that he should "retire" back to his caravan. Eastwood had the last laugh by scoring twice in a 3-1 victory. I'd settle for that score tonight.

Sky Blue Dal

Hi guy's!!

I work in Cambridge and would like to go.

As an away fan will I be able to pay at the door and if so how much is it?

I am meant to go back to Coventry today as I start my week and a half annual leave and am telling my misses I am working late.

She'll probably think I am spending time with my lover. Too right I am...... PUSB :p

Last edited:

steveecov

Cook
Willis. Reda. Ricketts. Stokes
Vincelot
Obrien. Fleck. Lamieras
Maddison
Armstrong / tudgay

Thinkin of the starting 11 tonight looks pretty decent add two more flair/ goalscorer players in their destination top 6 pusb

Also add 3-0 to us....sky blue army

If we play with 12, got a good chance.

Hobo

I think he will go with

Burge
Willis Rickets Johnson Stokes
O'Brien Vincelot Fleck Swanson
Tudgay Maddison

Armstrong and Lamieras on the bench tonight.

skybluegod

Think burge and Tudgay have recovered but stokes may not be risked tonight.

I think will be same line up as Saturday but Tudgay starting up top with Maddison

Monners

Played them in the 80/81 LC run too (4th Rd). Drew 1-1 at HR and won th replay 1-0 with Steve Hunt scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread