Burnley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

We would have heen short of a class player and how much would MR seen of it?

As for Greggs comment about Palmer and Shipley much as I liked Shipley no where near the ablity of Palmer,Shipley has only played 38 games at championship level Palmer has played every game at that level except for 4 those were in the Premier.Talent wise no comparison.
Glad to see substutions and not pulling everyone back for corners

We are short of the same class player now, bundled off a first choice CB on the cheap to pay some bills and still will have pressure to sell in January.

Londonccfcfan

We would have heen short of a class player and how much would MR seen of it?

As for Greggs comment about Palmer and Shipley much as I liked Shipley no where near the ablity of Palmer,Shipley has only played 38 games at championship level Palmer has played every game at that level except for 4 those were in the Premier.Talent wise no comparison.
Glad to see substutions and not pulling everyone back for corners
Someone comparing Palmer to Shipley? Wow.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Some serious ignorance being displayed on this thread.

That uses an example of Rashford who was badly out of form, and lost his hunger and Foden who was on the up class player and starving for success, hardly a fair comparison

PUSB-We_are_going_up

To think we are all passionate Sky Blue fans, and that is the reason we are on here, yet the amount of abuse, argument and disrespect on his out of control. What the hell is wrong with some of you? Seriously respect someones opinion of the game. Calling people out becuase you want a like from some other dip shit on here that follows your every word is frinkin annoying. Grow up some of you, you are spoiling the forum from what it once was. Be honest none of us are experts at the game we love. If you can't agree to disagree about the game or a player without the insults then you need to take a look at yourself. Most people on here are begining to sound like they are 10 years old FFS.
Pretty sure the disrespect came as a result of a childish comment suggesting racism because somebody dared to call someone of different colour lazy

SlowerThanPlatt

Problem is we rely on our key players so much

we need Gus and cal back asap

I like to think when we have

sheaf gus

Palmer COH

Vik

surely we can gain some momentum

Thought we were poor today though this idea we are good is concerning. Robins basically admitted with his tactics you’re better we’re gonna sit in

If you take a striker out then you need your midfield to be contributing lots more goals than they currently are.

SlowerThanPlatt

Are you Kelly’s agent?
You constantly bang on about him like he’s Pirlo. He wasn’t good enough for the championship 2 seasons ago!
People moan about Sheaf losing the ball every forwards pass of Kelly’s either goes to the Keeper or out of play.

Is Mark Robins Paxman?

“We’ve also got players out of the side and you’re desperate to get them back. Callum O’Hare is one of them and Liam Kelly is another

robbiethemole

Where did he say this out of interest?

Coventry live 2 days ago.....
Kompany's side have a league high seven draws from 12 games and the Belgian said his team need to employ the dark arts to close out games. And if that means picking up a yellow card in the process, then so be it.

Briles

Been following us since the 90s and today was the first time ever I asked why people were fucking clapping at full time. Cue some 60 year old drongo saying "because we're cov fans"

Nob

long way home

Coventry live 2 days ago.....
Kompany's side have a league high seven draws from 12 games and the Belgian said his team need to employ the dark arts to close out games. And if that means picking up a yellow card in the process, then so be it.

Don't like it, but its been used against us all season and we are not working it out. Players are getting frustrated and react which looks petulant, giving the ref easy decisions to make. Other teams see it and are doing it even more to gain the advantage, which they are getting.

If we don't wake up its going to be an uphill battle in what already looks a tough ask this season.

slowpoke

Goes without saying we need O’Hare back asap his presence alone occupies two players which gives us the space to play our passing game.

Last edited:

covboy1987

Goes without saying we need O’Hare back asap his presence alone occupies two players which gives us the space to play our passing game.
Losing O'Hare Just one of the issues - Think the whole team and club has lost momentum with all the issues of the pitch, transfer talk etc. - Simple fact we would have well beaten a team like Burnley last season

CV22SBA

Been following us since the 90s and today was the first time ever I asked why people were fucking clapping at full time. Cue some 60 year old drongo saying "because we're cov fans"

Nob
What a childish remark. I’m not happy when we lose but I’ll still clap them off the pitch if they play well and have tried for the shirt. I thought we defended well yesterday and should have scored when we hit the bar. They have premiership players and they had one chance all game.

ccfc1234

Nob
Would you have preferred boos or just silance?
If we're going to get out of the mess and get momentum back into our season the fans have a part to play.

I sense the clapping was acknowledgement that we really had a go in the last 10 mins and had this not occurred it might have been a more neutral reaction.

All in all an average performance but credit to Robins going 433 early in the second half, it made a difference.

Great_Expectations

We turned up as we went 4 3 3 and ignored a midfield that was outplayed - at half time you said we need to play the ball better

Read this a few times and really struggling to understand your point.

I don’t even know if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me (but a safe bet is probably the latter).

Great_Expectations

I know it’s tongue in cheek / on the wind up stuff, but some of the posts over the last few pages of this thread were uncomfortable reading.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Read this a few times and really struggling to understand your point.

I don’t even know if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me (but a safe bet is probably the latter).
He meant like we started playing properly when we changed it to 433, and started moving the ball better like you said at half time. Probably suggesting that its the ideal shift of formation.

Dazmataz

That uses an example of Rashford who was badly out of form, and lost his hunger and Foden who was on the up class player and starving for success, hardly a fair comparison

Yeah, that's not really relevant here in fairness.

It's the points further down the article about the language used around black players and stereotyping of traits that I was referring to.

GIMOC

I must have watched a different game to everyone else. I thought we were poor. How many saves did the Burnley keeper need to make? Seems Robins can’t get the right balance in terms of defending well or scoring. We either defend well but don’t score, or score but concede for fun.

now only one less game than Huddersfield and one point behind. That’s a major concern especially with the upcoming fixtures

Sick Boy

I must have watched a different game to everyone else. I thought we were poor. How many saves did the Burnley keeper need to make? Seems Robins can’t get the right balance in terms of defending well or scoring. We either defend well but don’t score, or score but concede for fun.

now only one less game than Huddersfield and one point behind. That’s a major concern especially with the upcoming fixtures
Regardless of games in hand, it’s 1 win in 10, which is relegation form. If Huddersfield win today, it’s looking like a big ask already.

higgs

Regardless of games in hand, it’s 1 win in 10, which is relegation form. If Huddersfield win today, it’s looking like a big ask already.
If we survive this season that's Robins biggest achievement

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Would you have preferred boos or just silance?
If we're going to get out of the mess and get momentum back into our season the fans have a part to play.

I sense the clapping was acknowledgement that we really had a go in the last 10 mins and had this not occurred it might have been a more neutral reaction.

All in all an average performance but credit to Robins going 433 early in the second half, it made a difference.

The effort was there but the quality wasn’t. Unlike Norwich where too many players just gave up they kept going yesterday and we were the finest of margins from being level at half time.

It isn’t their fault we have the worst owners in the 92 who have managed to turn a record season ticket sale and waves of optimism into deep down what I think will be a rerun of the 11/12 season and a slide back into obscurity

GIMOC

If we survive this season that's Robins biggest achievement

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

shouldnt be though should it. last season we looked an established championship team now we look relegation fodder. Robins is not blameless in all this

Users who are viewing this thread