Burnley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

sylus

incidentally i see nothing but a Burnley win on Saturday, hope i am wrong though

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

incidentally i see nothing but i Burnley win on Saturday, hope i am wrong though
Have they drawn their last 4 having taken the lead in each one?

Same starting XI only possible changes are rose for panzo or walker for godden but it would be mad to make either of them

Imagine a 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1 highly likely

Tommo1993

“Vincent Kompany’s Burnley” (cringe) hardly setting the league alight. We should be taking a point at least

Grendel

What you thinking?
Robins not playing him cause we’re better off without him?
Ohare refusing to play
Which one?

Or he’s too injured to play so isn’t playing?

It would be better if the club provided some info on his status

Saddlebrains

I think he's just going with his usual 'I want to be the biggest moaner on the forum so need to moan about something today' approach.

Don't moan as loud as your mum

As Grendel said, more info would have been nice

Literally any other member of the squad we have weekly updates from MR 'Kels is back on the grass it was a hamstring'

'Fankys not far away it was a groin strain'

'Mattys going to be about 3 weeks, felt a small twinge in his calf so being careful'

As with Callum, when he did it 'Were looking at worse case 6-8 weeks'

Ten weeks down the line and we've finally got updates, which tbh they had too as he was back in training

Saddlebrains

What you thinking?
Robins not playing him cause we’re better off without him?
Ohare refusing to play
Which one?

Or he’s too injured to play so isn’t playing?

Dont say 6-8 weeks then, manage fans expectations.

If hes back at Cardiff next week thats 11 weeks, hardly a small gap from the original diagnosis is it?

NorthernWisdom

Literally any other member of the squad we have weekly updates from MR 'Kels is back on the grass it was a hamstring'
Mark Robins said:
They are OK at the moment. They trained on Tuesday. Kels got another session into him and is just building up the minutes in his legs and hopefully won’t be too far away. We will just keep working with him until he’s ready. The same goes with Callum.

The bigger thing for me is that the pair of them have got to come back strong, so we’re waiting for that to be proven so we can say, ‘yes,’ the hamstrings are stronger than they were previously. That’s the main thing

Reactions: SBT

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Only change I'd make would be Waghorn for Godden.

I think Gyo and Godden are our two best strikers individually, but they aren't working as a pair.

Godden is a player who thrives on service (although he has been offside far too often) and Gyo seems determined to just take their entire team on and shoot. So it's a waste of time.

Walker is of a similar vein to Godden, so again would be pointless if he's not being fed chances, Tavares is a possible late punt against tired legs. Waghorn will work hard and drop deep, so could play alongside Palmer if need be. I don't think Allen is effective enough as an AM and has filled in OK for Hamer.

So while I'm happy to largely keep the same starting XI pretty soon MR is going to have to make subs purely to rest players or we're going to get into our glut of fixtures with a knackered team and those games in hand won't turn into points, though hopefully we'll have a rested Hamer and a fit O'hare back, as well as Kelly as cover.

I feel Kane should replace Dabo at some point and maybe let Gyo bully their defence for 65-70 then let Godden/Walker/Tav loose on them. Maybe also need Eccles to play a few minutes to give Sheaf a breather.

CDK

The team seems to be playing ok now without COH ,Palmer has started to control games more now so if O'Hare goes in the next window and robins is given some budget then we will have to put up with it.

Users who are viewing this thread