Burnley Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Adge

The effort was there but the quality wasn’t. Unlike Norwich where too many players just gave up they kept going yesterday and we were the finest of margins from being level at half time.

It isn’t their fault we have the worst owners in the 92 who have managed to turn a record season ticket sale and waves of optimism into deep down what I think will be a rerun of the 11/12 season and a slide back into obscurity
That’s the fear unfortunately. Hoping it’s not going to be a repeat of when we sold Jutkeweitz (in this case Vic) in January the last time we were in the Championship. We all know what happened then, although the 2 managers in charge are miles apart. Thorn was a joker.

Adge

If we survive this season that's Robins biggest achievement

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
That’s a fair point and I think Robins knows this himself. Recent comments regarding “glass ceiling” and other gems from Boddy that “we can’t maintain a Championship club” alongside the pitch debacle to boot. A great achievement it will be if we manage to pull it off.

Terry Gibson's perm

Disappointing result and not a great performance against a team that will finish around the play offs.

I haven’t heard Robins interview but I hope he has made comment of the ref and will be speaking to his bosses as we don’t want that man in the ground again.

Not seen it back but at the time I thought Cork (I’m not sure on the players in these little teams) got away with the yellow as he had both feet of the ground.

Where he didn’t book the centre half for a second time for the pull back was a scandal it’s a challenge Hamer gets booked for ten times out of ten.

Niggly team and would like to see them stay down for a few years and the parachute money run out.

Our midfield creates nothing and still plays way to deep and the scary prospect of the handbrake (Kelly) returning to it is a terrible thought

Briles

I’m with the people clapping at full time and showing support for the team. There was only one person being an objectionable nob in that situation.

Oh well aren't you the super fan

Mug

Dazmataz

Disappointing result and not a great performance against a team that will finish around the play offs.

I haven’t heard Robins interview but I hope he has made comment of the ref and will be speaking to his bosses as we don’t want that man in the ground again.

Not seen it back but at the time I thought Cork (I’m not sure on the players in these little teams) got away with the yellow as he had both feet of the ground.

Where he didn’t book the centre half for a second time for the pull back was a scandal it’s a challenge Hamer gets booked for ten times out of ten.

Niggly team and would like to see them stay down for a few years and the parachute money run out.

Our midfield creates nothing and still plays way to deep and the scary prospect of the handbrake (Kelly) returning to it is a terrible thought

Agree, thought Cork was very lucky to stay on the pitch. Brownhill should've been booked within the first ten minutes too, but apparently you can get away with early offences.

Terry Gibson's perm

It will be a disaster if we go down, January will be interesting will the owners look to get the best value they can before potential relegation

CV22SBA

I must have watched a different game to everyone else. I thought we were poor. How many saves did the Burnley keeper need to make? Seems Robins can’t get the right balance in terms of defending well or scoring. We either defend well but don’t score, or score but concede for fun.

now only one less game than Huddersfield and one point behind. That’s a major concern especially with the upcoming fixtures
Don't read too much into yesterday's game. We were on a decent run and had found some form and playing anyone else but a team from the premiership last season and i think the run would have continued. We need to make sure we get at least a point against Cardiff and then our next 5 games are all very winnable, especially with 4 of them at home. If we're still in this position after Blackburn at home then i'll be worried.

PVA

Gyok lost possession 19 times which is the same amount that sheaf, allen , palmer and walker lost the ball combined

Where did you see that stat?

I make it 13 times for Gyokeres including incomplete passes.

And 14 total for the others you mention.

Walker only touched the ball 6 times all game.

(According to whoscored.com)

Tommo1993

Worth pointing out that from memory, not the internet, it took 47 mins for Walker to win an unchallenged header.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Walker played relatively well, drew in a couple fouls and yellow cards. Ran forward, positioning and with the ball well. Was a constant outlet making movement to recieve the ball although most the time didnt get it, opened up more space for Palmer and Gyokeres

SIR ERNIE

Walker played relatively well, drew in a couple fouls and yellow cards. Ran forward, positioning and with the ball well. Was a constant outlet making movement to recieve the ball although most the time didnt get it, opened up more space for Palmer and Gyokeres

Didnt see much at all of any quality from him.
Cut it whatever way you want but like most of the squad he's a L1 squad member at best.

duffer

Been following us since the 90s and today was the first time ever I asked why people were fucking clapping at full time. Cue some 60 year old drongo saying "because we're cov fans"

Nob

Stop being so bloody precious. Who are you to tell someone whether or not they should clap the team off?

If you want to storm off in a sulk when we lose, then feel free to do so.

You asked why he was clapping, he told you; if you don't like the answer that's on you mate.

I clapped them off, fwiw, usually do unless it's been an incredibly poor performance. This wasn't one of those, in my opinion.

Legia Sky Blue

As long as the players put the effort in we as supporters should get behind them. They weren't good enough on Saturday but there was no lack of effort. Players are more likely to be lifted to play better if they are encouraged rather than criticised, as that's human nature at the end of the day, and surely as fans we want them to do better don't we?

Users who are viewing this thread