Bradford City Match Thread (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

If what Parkinson said was so bad then Pressley needs to report it! Not necessarily repeat it in public, but he needs punishing.

what was said? missed it sorry

M&B Stand

Both central defences were poo and both teams had 2 good strikers, it made for a cracking game, think a point was fair enough. The ref was ok, sure you should have had a pen, but another ref may well have given you 2 reds. The handball! He knew Wells was lurking and that was a clear & deliberate arm-to-ball.

Thought Coventry were the better footballing side and were capable of playing the last few minutes out, strange you didn't. Think you are being harsh on Clarke, Hanson is bloody horrible to play against, he just grinds defenders down and they make mistakes.

Don't know why PP & SP were so wound up, but PP does seem to fall out with every single visiting manager. Turn out poor, maybe 700/800?

Worst hoof ball football I've seen for a long time from bradistan

Marty

Whenever I see Clarke he's an absolute liability at the back, why jump in the air in the 94th minute with your hands in the bloody air, though why the fuck did Conor Thomas keep the ball in play in the 93rd minute I will never understand.
God do we need a centre half, surely this Urquart is better than Clarke.

Clarke did the same against Wimbledon,he plays relatively well for 955 of the match but is really prone to horrendous errors, he just simply switches off totally. best player on the park was Fleck, controlled the ball and a simple forward pass, did that all game and IMO outshone the rest

I was shouting at the TV when he did it, all he had to do was run it out of play and hit it as hard and high as possible into the crowd.

Astute

Had a little dabble. Both Wilson and Clarke 40/1 to score in first 10 mins. Good value to me.

Did anyone get on with me?

Had a fiver on both. The pen cost me though :mad: Had 20 on at 6/4 and a fiver to win with us scoring 3 goals at I think 9/1

SkyblueBazza

Beagrie saying that Clarke was interfering with play on the first goal, how exactly peter???

You pay attention to the commentators & "experts"??? My pub shows the games but without sound unless it's England/Champions League/Top Premiership game...& do you know what? Apart from missing the atmosphere...it's much easier to take balanced opinion for yourself (i.e. In influenced except your own potential bias).

sw88

Chief Commentator!
what was said? missed it sorry

Pressley wouldn't say but stated that what was said is the worst, most unprofessional thing he has ever experienced in his short time of being a manager, but he would not repeat it (it was that bad). Says he doesn't want to get another manager in trouble but I say he should do if it was that bad.

He also referred to their long ball / hoof tactics as stoneage :)

larry_david

£16 on at 7/5 start of the match. Still can't believe we conceded 94th min, we totally bossed that 2nd half. As a team, we saw it out well but my word, some individual errors today. Murphy should not escape blame, why on earth was he coming out 40 yards against a 6 ft 6 striker?? There wasn't even any danger at that point, he did the same at Wimbledon last week and nearly got punished for it.

ccfc92

Pressley wouldn't say but stated that what was said is the worst, most unprofessional thing he has ever experienced in his short time of being a manager, but he would not repeat it (it was that bad). Says he doesn't want to get another manager in trouble but I say he should do if it was that bad.

He also referred to their long ball / hoof tactics as stoneage :)

I heard the longball bit :L tbf tho, if he did report it, it wouldnt go anywhere. cus the 4th official would of missed it :jerkit:

saltaire bantam

no need for sarcasm? You had one tactic.... Hoof it n hope. At least we scored 3 attacking goals

There was no need for the final comment.

It's not hoof and hope, it's a bog standard British 4-4-2, + big 'un and a little 'un, you've seen it all before and I posted on here how we'd play days ago. Be silly to do otherwise with Hanson & Wells. BTW 2 of your goals came direct from defensive howlers, just like ours did.

ccfc92

There was no need for the final comment.

It's not hoof and hope, it's a bog standard British 4-4-2, + big 'un and a little 'un, you've seen it all before and I posted on here how we'd play days ago. Be silly to do otherwise with Hanson & Wells. BTW 2 of your goals came direct from defensive howlers, just like our did.

at least your defenders got summit on it ;):whistle::slap:

saltaire bantam

at least your defenders got summit on it ;):whistle::slap:

I know it feel like 2 points lost for you, but despite playing the better football, I don't really think you deserved all three. You'll be a match for anybody in midfield and going forwrad but were often shambolic at the back, as we were. As I posted days ago, you can't really defend against Hanson, he's just too good in the air and if Wells reacts quick enough, we score. We are one dimensional and when Wells goes, we'll have to change.

ccfc92

I know it feel like 2 points lost for you, but despite playing the better football, I don't really think you deserved all three. You'll be a match for anybody in midfield and going forwrad but were often shambolic at the back, as we were. As I posted days ago, you can't really defend against Hanson, he's just too good in the air and if Wells reacts quick enough, we score. We are one dimensional and when Wells goes, we'll have to change.

we know that, we know we can't defend and rely on goals for. but the defence has got better since the PNE game of 4-4. but you contradict yourself with we played the better "football" but didn't deserve a win. if the BCFC fans go home happy after hoofball, then fair play to ya :wave:

mark82

1st half was even, 2nd half we were far better. If it wasn't for Wells we would have won comfortably. I mean no disrespect Saltaire Bantam but he is too good for Bradford. Destined for bigger things. Will probably be saying the same about Wilson if he sustains this form for a year or 2.

saltaire bantam

we know that, we know we can't defend and rely on goals for. but the defence has got better since the PNE game of 4-4. but you contradict yourself with we played the better "football" but didn't deserve a win. if the BCFC fans go home happy after hoofball, then fair play to ya :wave:

I haven't contradicted myself. You did play the better "football" but it was hardly tik-a-tak and you didn't do enough to win.

Am I happy with 4-4-2? No. But we don't have the squad to play a possession game, plus, it suits Hanson & Wells as shown to you quite clearly today.

saltaire bantam

1st half was even, 2nd half we were far better. If it wasn't for Wells we would have won comfortably. I mean no disrespect Saltaire Bantam but he is too good for Bradford. Destined for bigger things. Will probably be saying the same about Wilson if he sustains this form for a year or 2.

None taken.

He made his debut and popped a 35 yard screamer into the top corner, we all left the ground thinking "Wowl". He is not a special footballer but he is a special goalscorer. Can't see us holding on to him in Jan if we slide into midtable.

mark82

I haven't contradicted myself. You did play the better "football" but it was hardly tik-a-tak and you didn't do enough to win.

Am I happy with 4-4-2? No. But we don't have the squad to play a possession game, plus, it suits Hanson & Wells as shown to you quite clearly today.

Nothing wrong with the way you play. You have just come up from league 2 so you need to play to your strengths. If you keep Wells you can make top 6. Without you will fade away, but you should stay up which was surely the aim at the start of the season.

how can you say in a previous post that its not hoofball (quite clearly is) and in the post above suggest thats all you play????

cracking game to watch, we should have had wrapped up by 10 mins. but in the final minute i was shouting for elvjs to waste time and bring some subs on. we deserved the win but now feels like a loss.

oh well bring on tranmere

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not really into all this, we play better football than you. Direct football may work for a while but normally gets found out eventually, we had to endure Boothroyds tactics here for 8 months, we were top 4 by Christmas and then nearly relegated. Similar to him at Northampton, nearly got them promoted first season and is now taking them down.

I'd personally say considering we were away, we did enough to take 3 points. In the second half we managed game the really well and I didn't think you really think you looked a threat for long periods of the second, it was always going to be a gift from us for you to equalise as you couldn't break us down in the second half.

Shane MacGowen

We were far better than your stone age hoof the ball to a pub thug football.

We are clearly a better team than you now be a good boy and toodle of back to your stone age home the big boys are talking.

Nick

Administrator
It's true that for some, results are everything.

Others prefer a little entertainment.

The good thing is that decent football and decent results are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Isn't the whole aim to win and if your strength is hoof ball that is how you play though?

Ashdown1

Without that Hanson bloke we would have won that easy. His presence got Bradford all 3 of their goals. He's always going to be effective for a long ball. Cracking crowd at 14000 I think for a TV game on a Sunday. They must be happy now with that daylight robbery as well. Very controversial decision that for a ref at the end who had missed almost everything else !

saltaire bantam

how can you say in a previous post that its not hoofball (quite clearly is) and in the post above suggest thats all you play????

cracking game to watch, we should have had wrapped up by 10 mins. but in the final minute i was shouting for elvjs to waste time and bring some subs on. we deserved the win but now feels like a loss.

oh well bring on tranmere

Because I called it what it is, bog standard British 4-4-2, you keep calling it hoofball which is what pubs play. The ball is manouvred out wide to an out and out winger (Reid) then moved onto Hanson asap. I'ts not my preferred style, far from it, but (again) Hanson is virtually unplayable, and with Wells, it works. I am disappointed we didn't buy better"footballers" in the summer, but it's obviously PP's preferred style, and like CCFC said, I only expect it to work for so long. The game is up once Hanson or Wells leaves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread