Blocks 2 & 3.. (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

sound mate, is it a strange POV to think city fans and the people who use this forum should be represented by someone who challenges poor decisions?

So if you are unwilling to call this ok at fans forum why shouldn't someone else have a go?
No point engaging you just ignore and keep swinging the blows

There’s way of challenging and ways you will be ignored

fill your boots

David O'Day

No point engaging you just ignore and keep swinging the blows

There’s way of challenging and ways you will be ignored

fill your boots
So they will ignore you if you ask them about it in a public forum?

How does that work? Yes they can try and deflect but you can follow up on it and push the point.

The way they will ignore you is email the HoM

Sky Blue Pete

How does that work? Yes they can try and deflect but you can follow up on it and push the point.

I think the decision is wrong
Well the decision has been taken in discussion with the safety advisory group and the police liaison officer
Well it’s wrong cause I’m annoyed and many fans are annoyed
Ok thanks but we will stick with the decision based on the advice we’ve received

Now what??
As I say I’ve asked the club let’s see what the reason is and debate that

David O'Day

Fair enough

I’ve challenged the decision and asked the club why
That wasn't a challenge Pete?

A challenge would be something like

"Hi Mark,

I hope you are well.

I was wondering if you could help answer a question that a number of disgruntled fans on our forum have. Why have the seats in blocks 2 and 3 been taken off sale? Was it a SAG instruction and if so what caused them to ask this as there has been no incidents that seem to justify these actions?

Many thanks.

ccfc1234

Ok let’s all calm down
Why do you think the decision is being taken?
it’s not to reduce atmosphere
It’s not to annoy you
It’s not to make the atmosphere worse
Why do you think it is?
I think (being charitable) it's because the club's or more specifically those who advise them are risk adverse to say the least. At worst it's because they are clueless about best practice in large stadia and authoritarian.

Sky Blue Pete

Mark tends to reply very honestly and transparently to be fair

you sound like the trust reps who go and show how much they know and how much they should be listened to and then get completely ignored

David O'Day

I think the decision is wrong
Well the decision has been taken in discussion with the safety advisory group and the police liaison officer
Well it’s wrong cause I’m annoyed and many fans are annoyed
Ok thanks but we will stick with the decision based on the advice we’ve received

Now what??
As I say I’ve asked the club let’s see what the reason is and debate that
No, you ask what was the incident that led to the decision? Then you challenge why should a heavy handed action was taken over such a minor incident.

David O'Day

Mark tends to reply very honestly and transparently to be fair

you sound like the trust reps who go and show how much they know and how much they should be listened to and then get completely ignored
No, no i don't. Let's be truthful now.

Sky Blue Pete

That wasn't a challenge Pete?

A challenge would be something like

"Hi Mark,

I hope you are well.

I was wondering if you could help answer a question that a number of disgruntled fans on our forum have. Why have the seats in blocks 2 and 3 been taken off sale? Was it a SAG instruction and if so what caused them to ask this as there has been no incidents that seem to justify these actions?

Many thanks.
What you want to do is not change anything you just want to shout and whinge

i want to find solutions and change decisions based on evidence and good working relationships

clint van damme

I think (being charitable) it's because the club's or more specifically those who advise them are risk adverse to say the least. At worst it's because they are clueless about best practice in large stadia and authoritarian.

I'd add that the police seem averse to doing their job as well. Rather than challenging miscreants and misbehaviour they're happy to advise the cub to limit tickets and close blocks.

Saves them having to do what they're paid for and gives them more free time to spend playing with their drones.

David O'Day

i want to find solutions and change decisions based on evidence and good working relationships
That's not shouting and whinging is it Pete.

It's politely asking a question that people on the forum that you are meant to represent think is important.

It seems you like the trust did with wasps want to be liked more than you want to represent

Sky Blue Pete

No, no i don't. Let's be truthful now.
I am, you do
I’m not having a go I accept my practice is a certain way of going about things that believes building relationship is the only way to influence

You feel tackling everything as a confrontation gets better results

That’s ok it’s not right and wrong I’m sure you’ve found that works well as I have found the way I work gets results too

theferret

There is no example I am aware of where a decision has been changed though. Why are tickets sales still restricted in 14-16, there is no reason for it. When will that change come?

All we see are more restrictions, more closed blocks, more netting, more steel fencing outside, more stewards, more police. Where does this end? This is lunacy and needs to be challenged. It is harming our football club. The police bill alone must be enormous.

David O'Day

I am, you do
I’m not having a go I accept my practice is a certain way of going about things that believes building relationship is the only way to influence

You feel tackling everything as a confrontation gets better results

That’s ok it’s not right and wrong I’m sure you’ve found that works well as I have found the way I work gets results too
What results have you got? There's been nearly a season of awful decisions and nothing has changed

David O'Day

There is no example I am aware of where a decision has been changed though. Why are tickets sales still restricted in 14-16, there is no reason for it. When will that change come?

All we see are more restrictions, more closed blocks, more netting, more steel fencing outside, more stewards, more police. Where does this end? This is lunacy and needs to be challenged. It is harming our football club. The police bill alone must be enormous.
This exactly, there is no evidence the please like me method has worked. In fact there's plenty of evidence that it's not working.

slowpoke

If fans behave I’m sure in time they will re-open block 13, then 12
The North Stand is fine…..at night….but during the day you’re often looking straight into the sun - hopeless.
That needs sorting can’t do a lot when the sun is high but once it reflects through the glass window it blinds you, the windows need blacking out.

SBT

Hi xxxx
Great to see you yesterday
Lots of questions being asked about why tickets have been taken off sale for blocks 2 and 3.
Was it a safety decision and one the club had any say over?
The feeling is that this and extending the segregation from the blocks in the corner is having a negative impact on the atmosphere in the stadium

Anyway would be useful to know why the decision has been made?

Thanks
Pete
Feels like the kisses at the start of this message are unnecessarily cozy, sort it out ffs

Evo1883

We already have 2000 police and 1300 stewards in singers corner .. do the safety group and authorities think coventry fans are 1990s galatasary ?

David O'Day

We already have 2000 police and 1300 stewards in singers corner .. do the safety group and authorities think coventry fans are 1990s galatasary ?
i want to know what trouble they are expecting in that tunnel as there's usually half of WMP and 90 stewards just standing there

slowpoke

Trouble is there are quite a number of our fans not all youngsters either who love to face the away fans and do the goading and hand gesture bit, pathetic really and that encourages a response. While that continues blocks 11,12 & 13 will remain closed.

Sky Blue Pete

What results have you got? There's been nearly a season of awful decisions and nothing has changed

Are we talking about the fence
Singers corner
Blocks 2 and 3
Or lots of other things
No results whatsoever mate none at all ffs

JAM See

Just been idly googling one of the best ever atmospheres I can remember from away fans at the Ricoh ("She said no Marlon...").

Have a look at 6.25ish.

Make your own mind up about segregation.

clint van damme

Trouble is there are quite a number of our fans not all youngsters either who love to face the away fans and do the goading and hand gesture bit, pathetic really and that encourages a response. While that continues blocks 11,12 & 13 will remain closed.

And that doesn't happen anywhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread