Blocks 2 & 3.. (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Ok let’s all calm down
Why do you think the decision is being taken?
it’s not to reduce atmosphere
It’s not to annoy you
It’s not to make the atmosphere worse
Why do you think it is?

Because an Advisory Group has to advise, there’s never going to be a meeting where they all sit around and say everything is fine. And the club are always going to follow their advice. And the reason for both is if something happens someone’s arse is on the line if it’s been considered and not actioned.

So you get a constant ratcheting up of safety measures with no counteracting force the other way.

theferret

Ok let’s all calm down
It’s not to annoy you
Why do you think it is?

You've listed them all. There is no other reason.

Man calls another man a wanker is not a reason. If it was, all football grounds would be closed permanently.

clint van damme

Ok let’s all calm down
It’s not to annoy you
Why do you think it is?

No idea why it's been made, it's baffling.
What has it achieved?

shmmeee

You've listed them all. There is no other reason.

Man calls another man a wanker is not a reason. If it was, all football grounds would be closed permanently.

Wasn’t so long ago the entire crowd would stand up and chant “Wanker” sign and everything.

Sky Blue Pete

Why has it been made?

These are the incidents we've had over the last couple of seasons, correct me if I'm wrong:

Derby fans allowed to encroach considerably towards City support across segregation.

Lone city supporter encroaches across segregation and slaps Derby supporter.

Fan invades pitch from around block 22/23 against Preston.

Fan invades pitch from around block 22/23 against Sunderland.

Tell me how ticket restrictions in14/15 and 2/3 prevent any of those incidents?
It doesn’t so why do you think the decisions has been made?

clint van damme

Now that’s a good question
I’ll ask mark Hornby
I know the 15/16 stuff was totally on safety grounds as people refused to not stand on the stairs

Was there an issue with people standing on the stairs in 2 and 3?
Is Hornby a wasps left over, is he still waiting on his bond pay out?

shmmeee

I’ll ask mark Hornby
I know the 15/16 stuff was totally on safety grounds as people refused to not stand on the stairs

Genuine question: why not kick those people out if they ignore stewards? Do they not have the ability to call someone trained over? Removing a whole block from sale because a handful of people are standing on the stairs. It would need a lot of stewarding to start but once people are banned or whatever it would calm down.

David O'Day

I’ll ask mark Hornby
People did move of the stairs when challenged last year.

challenge this shit instead of just saying "ok sir"

Sky Blue Pete

Hi xxxx
Great to see you yesterday
Lots of questions being asked about why tickets have been taken off sale for blocks 2 and 3.
Was it a safety decision and one the club had any say over?
The feeling is that this and extending the segregation from the blocks in the corner is having a negative impact on the atmosphere in the stadium

Anyway would be useful to know why the decision has been made?

Thanks
Pete

Sky Blue Pete

Football of course famous worldwide for its non goading, non aggressive fans with the exception of Coventry
You mistake me for someone that agrees with the decision without knowing why the decision has been taken.
I just find it bizarre that people get so exercised over where they can and cannot sit when we’ve won 5 in 6

David O'Day

You mistake me for someone that agrees with the decision without knowing why the decision has been taken.
I just find it bizarre that people get so exercised over where they can and cannot sit when we’ve won 5 in 6
because it's fucking bollocks Pete

It's the type of shite we should be pushing to the press about the substandard GAG we have

Sky Blue Pete

You don’t know me at all do you. You don’t get to challenge if you wander into a discussion telling people they talk shit and not speaking with respect

David O'Day

Wow are you ok?
sound mate, is it a strange POV to think city fans and the people who use this forum should be represented by someone who challenges poor decisions?

So if you are unwilling to call this ok at fans forum why shouldn't someone else have a go?

David O'Day

Shame, Dan fucked off to work for the Villa as I would of got a real answer from him.

Sky Blue Pete

Genuine question: why not kick those people out if they ignore stewards? Do they not have the ability to call someone trained over? Removing a whole block from sale because a handful of people are standing on the stairs. It would need a lot of stewarding to start but once people are banned or whatever it would calm down.
I’ll answer cause yih wont tell me I lick peoples shoes if I try and give an alternative opinion

From what I’ve seen on the videos it causes a flashpoint and friends of the person being removed cause a safety issue on a set of stairs that comes with all sorts of risks

I’ve not seen it tried in the corner david says when people were asked to move they did. It wasn’t what was said in the forum last year and it’s not my experience travelling around away grounds some fans don’t listen to their mates let alone a steward asking them

theferret

All that was needed in 14-16 were ticket checks and enforcement. Restricting sales was not needed as has been proven, the unsold seats are empty every week, so there is no overcrowding and zero evidence of people sneeeking in without tickets. The ticket checks are working.

Thay they continue to use this as a reason to not release those seats for sale has to be questioned. The whole policy is now based on a lie.

David O'Day

All that was needed in 14-16 were ticket checks and enforcement. Restricting sales was not needed as has been proven, the unsold seats are empty every week, so there is no overcrowding and zero evidence of people sneeeking in without tickets. The ticket checks are working.

Thay they continue to use this as a reason to not release those seats for sale has to be questioned. The whole policy is now based on a lie.
This is the thing, if they'd properly policed the corner as they do this year then no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread