Ben Wilson (1 Viewer)

oakey

I got the impression he didn't want to be the goalkeeper tonight, didn't fancy it. Seemed annoyed and not concentrating.
Baffling

baldy

That first goal tonight,he looked like a keeper does in FM where they inexplicably leave a gap for the strikers to score from & don‘t bother moving

He’s a clown keeper who’s been lucky that the defence has bailed him out the last few games - if he put half as much effort into being a better goalie than he did trying to be funny in the behind the scenes type videos,he’d play for England

Londonccfcfan

That first goal tonight,he looked like a keeper does in FM where they inexplicably leave a gap for the strikers to score from & don‘t bother moving

He’s a clown keeper who’s been lucky that the defence has bailed him out the last few games - if he put half as much effort into being a better goalie than he did trying to be funny in the behind the scenes type videos,he’d play for England
Agree defence has bailed him out the defensive record of last 7 games has nothing to do with him.

Danceswithhorses

I think we all tried to convince ourselves he was OK given the last few results... he's not
Not in any way happy that he played so badly, because it cost us a win...but it was a very timely reminder to those who had forgotten, of how limited skills-wise he is, as a GK.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bizarre error for one, less at fault for the other but the concerning thing again outside of the goals is his passing and distribution.

TomS91

His previous managers at Sunderland, Harrogate, Gateshead, Chesterfield, Cambridge, Accrington, Cardiff, Wimbledon, Rochdale, Oldham, Telford and Bradford can’t all be wrong. Never been picked.

He’s never a championship keeper. He’s barely a football league keeper. Burying our head in the sand if we think otherwise.

I and many others have said before he’s a disaster waiting to happen.

ccfctommy

His previous managers at Sunderland, Harrogate, Gateshead, Chesterfield, Cambridge, Accrington, Cardiff, Wimbledon, Rochdale, Oldham, Telford and Bradford can’t all be wrong. Never been picked.

He’s never a championship keeper. He’s barely a football league keeper. Burying our head in the sand if we think otherwise.

I and many others have said before he’s a disaster waiting to happen.

Half those clubs he was on loan. Some of our fans are so reactionary it's unreal. 😂

CDK

Blimey it doesn't take much to get on a players back does it especially as Moore has been shit himself in the early games.

TomRad85

Bizarre error for one, less at fault for the other but the concerning thing again outside of the goals is his passing and distribution.
Yes I find it hard to believe Robins would want to stick with that as we built something of an identity of playing out from the back, which requires the keeper to at least be semi competent with the ball at his feet.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomS91

Half those clubs he was on loan. Some of our fans are so reactionary it's unreal. 😂
I’m reacting to three seasons where when he’s played he hasn’t been good enough. Not to one performance. My view was same pre-game yesterday too.

fatso

Abysmal keeper has to be dropped. I trust moore more with the defence performing better.
Let's completely ignore the fact that the first goal came from a breakaway where the Rotherham player just waltzed through 4 City players, none of whom managed to lay a fucking glove on him, he then passed to the scorer who outpaced the clearly unfit Dabo and unleashed a thunderbolt.
It's obvious that Wilson was expecting a shot across him to the far corner which is what often happens in that situation.

If Gyokeres had scored that goal we'd all be calling it a fantastic goal, not calling out the goalie.

If anyone is at fault it's Dabo, he's ball watching as the scorer runs half the length of the pitch, straight past him with no challenge and scores. (Go watch the highlights, the scorer isn't even in the frame at the start of the move)

Incidently, Hamer scores past their keeper in the exact same way, yet I don't see anyone saying it was a keepers error.
Some people are absolutely bizarre!

Last edited:

Old Warwickshire lad

Fucking fuming about Super Ben Wilson in goal.

Where the fuck was he for the first one -why didn’t he narrow the angles and come towards the player.

He might as well pointed to the right hand side and shouted ‘put it there’ to the Rotherham player.

As for the second why was he so bloody slow off his line.

Just like Moore made his mistake and lost the Number one spot. Time for Wilson to move over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Haven’t you noticed the elastic ? It’s attached to the goal line, allows him to come two paces then pulls him back.
Been there since he got back in, got away with it up to now.

Old Warwickshire lad

Agree with the first bit, but not the last.😂

AOM

He isn't very good, but he's been better than Moore this season by a long way so deserves the shirt.

That's more of a reflection on Moore than it is on Wilson.

Moore was a very good keeper last season, which makes his drop in form this year even more dramatic.
Not sure what's happened there

ProfessorbyGrace

The first goal was plain bizarre: it’s as if he wasn’t concentrating, panicked and lost his bearings, hence the fact he didn’t adequately cover that near post. He gave Brammal so much to aim for.

I must watch the second goal again, as I did a Wilson and switched off half way through, haha…good through ball from the Rotherham player, but I’m mystified how it actually got to him. 😑 Should have been dealt with.
I think MR will not bring Moore back in just yet. He’s a stubborn guy.

Grendel

Didn’t you rate Burge?

he said he was a championship standard keeper - I think he first came on my horizon when he started screen shots of some goal Marosi conceded to claim Burge was better

TomRad85

he said he was a championship standard keeper - I think he first came on my horizon when he started screen shots of some goal Marosi conceded to claim Burge was better
Marosi must be stood between the posts at Shrewsbury thinking Ben Wilson is currently standing between the posts in the Championship, how the fuck did that happen.

Grendel

Marosi must be stood between the posts at Shrewsbury thinking Ben Wilson is currently standing between the posts in the Championship, how the fuck did that happen.

he also thought Wilson was worse than marosi who was worse than Burge - oh dear

TomRad85

Well occasionally Wilson is stood between the posts anyway, other times he's stood in no man's land with no idea where the posts are.

TomRad85

he also thought Wilson was worse than marosi who was worse than Burge - oh dear

Wilson and Burge both terrify me. But where Burge just seemed clumsy at times, Wilson can look absolutely comical, like he has no idea what's going on.

Moff

Some are desperate on this thread

I try to avoid wading in on a player, but he's not good enough.

The first goal was pathetic, too big a gap, and no attempt to save. The second wasn't much better. Hes an accident waiting to happen.

ProfessorbyGrace

Are Billson or Tyler at any kind of a level to be challenging the first team keepers?

CCFC54321

The first goal was plain bizarre: it’s as if he wasn’t concentrating, panicked and lost his bearings, hence the fact he didn’t adequately cover that near post. He gave Brammal so much to aim for.

I must watch the second goal again, as I did a Wilson and switched off half way through, haha…good through ball from the Rotherham player, but I’m mystified how it actually got to him. 😑 Should have been dealt with.
I think MR will not bring Moore back in just yet. He’s a stubborn guy.
I think it’s fair to say and I’d have 50p that Wilson would himself admit that he got his bearings/positioning badly wrong.

I actually though Marosi was a better keeper than we have on the books currently. I certainly felt the defence was safer with Marosi.

Grendel

Didn’t you rate Burge?

Here is indeed the thread in question

skybluegod

Let's completely ignore the fact that the first goal came from a breakaway where the Rotherham player just waltzed through 4 City players, none of whom managed to lay a fucking glove on him, he then passed to the scorer who outpaced the clearly unfit Dabo and unleashed a thunderbolt.
It's obvious that Wilson was expecting a shot across him to the far corner which is what often happens in that situation.

If Gyokeres had scored that goal we'd all be calling it a fantastic goal, not calling out the goalie.

If anyone is at fault it's Dabo, he's ball watching as the scorer runs half the length of the pitch, straight past him with no challenge and scores. (Go watch the highlights, the scorer isn't even in the frame at the start of the move)

Incidently, Hamer scores past their keeper in the exact same way, yet I don't see anyone saying it was a keepers error.
Some people are absolutely bizarre!

Clearly unfit dabo?

PVA

Here is indeed the thread in question

Right so can you point out where I say burge is better? Because I literally say the exact opposite. Fucking weirdo.

Users who are viewing this thread