Ben Wilson (3 Viewers)

Skybluedownunder

Record breaking run of clean sheets.

Great stuff Ben!!!

Considerable amount of luck though don’t you think, that one that hit the crossbar at the weekend he was nowhere to be seen

There’s been quite a few that have hit the post or bar on this run of clean sheets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProfessorbyGrace

Is he marshalling the defence well? Or is it mainly down to Fadz?

Adge

Yeah my lad changed his mind on the highlights and possibly yellow the right call as foot not raised I still think excessive force
If it was my game he would have been sent off-2 yellow cards for the 2 separate challenges. In my opinion as bad as he was, the Referee (Keith Stroud) got the 2nd Dabo one wrong (went unpunished but should have been a yellow for reckless play) although it went in our favour. Robins realised and was sensible as he knew 1 more challenge by Dabo and we would have been down to 10 for the rest of the game.

fatso

Considerable amount of luck though don’t you think, that one that hit the crossbar at the weekend he was nowhere to be seen

There’s been quite a few that have hit the post or bar on this run of clean sheets

He guided those shots onto the woodwork by using his mental powers, the guy is a goalkeeping god 😉

Great_Expectations

The stats don’t lie and on paper he’s doing very well. At this point is not just the poor form of Moore, Wilson deserves the spot.

Granted, he hasn’t had loads to do but when called upon he’s done what’s needed. He’s also clearly growing in confidence.

What can’t be argued is his ability to wind up the opposition, including time wasting. At some point he’ll revert back to #2, but for now he’s doing a good job.

Danceswithhorses

Combined xG of all Shots on Target in the last 3 games is 0.36.
I can't be bothered to crunch the numbers right now but I'd bet he's just about the best protected keeper in the league.
That's a fair point.
I know why Moore is currently out...he had a mare at the start of the season and was rightly replaced, but imho, i think Moore would also have kept those same clean sheets were he playing.
As you say, Wilson has been protected magnificently by our back 5.
Kudos to Fadz (Immense), Panzo and Rose (improving), Dabo (getting back to his best), and Bidwell (almost unbelievably POS so far)

larry_david

That's a fair point.
I know why Moore is currently out...he had a mare at the start of the season and was rightly replaced, but imho, i think Moore would also have kept those same clean sheets were he playing.
As you say, Wilson has been protected magnificently by our back 5.
Kudos to Fadz (Immense), Panzo and Rose (improving), Dabo (getting back to his best), and Bidwell (almost unbelievably POS so far)
Moore came 17 yards out of his goal to claim a ball he had no right to claim.

He dropped a simple cross at Hull at the feet of the striker.

Wilson hasn't done these things yet, defence solid or not, when he's been called upon to deal with the ball he has done so.

rob9872

Good question.

Wilson (last 3)
6 shots on target against
Combined xGA = 0.35
Goals conceded= 0

Moore (first 3)
15 shots on target against
Combined xGA = 3.87
Goals conceded = 7
Did anyone hit the bar or post in those games for Moore? Only some are finding it so hard to begrudgingly say Wilson keeps the shirt that he's criticised for ones that nearly went in or saying the defence in front is the reason and yet weren't blamed the other way round. Poor sod having some luck,. I've seen other stats with 2nd highest save % and also 2nd on clean sheets. As always stats can lead opinions how you want them to.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Good question.

Wilson (last 3)
6 shots on target against
Combined xGA = 0.35
Goals conceded= 0

Moore (first 3)
15 shots on target against
Combined xGA = 3.87
Goals conceded = 7
So Wilson is still statistically worth his place. Moore has conceded 3 more than he was supposed to whilst Wilson basically just hasn’t put a step wrong

Danceswithhorses

Moore came 17 yards out of his goal to claim a ball he had no right to claim.
He dropped a simple cross at Hull at the feet of the striker.
Wilson hasn't done these things yet, defence solid or not, when he's been called upon to deal with the ball he has done so.
They say opinion is divisive.
I agree with that, you probably don't ;)

Astute

So Wilson is shit because a few shots coming at him are off target?

Frostie

Did anyone hit the bar or post in those games for Moore? Only some are finding it so hard to begrudgingly say Wilson keeps the shirt that he's criticised for ones that nearly went in or saying the defence in front is the reason and yet weren't blamed the other way round. Poor sod having some luck,. I've seen other stats with 2nd highest save % and also 2nd on clean sheets. As always stats can lead opinions how you want them to.

No woodwork hits in Moore's games.
3 in last 3 for Wilson, 4 in total.

I don't think anyone doubts Wilson deserves the shirt do they? Just that he hasn't suddenly become Lev Yashin overnight either.
As mentioned before, Clean Sheets & Save % should never be used to judge a goalkeeper on.

Covkid1968#

GKs not judged by clean sheets!!!!… I mean Wow. Surely that’s the only thing that matters as a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread