Ben Wilson (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

Wasn’t long ago that there were rumours that Moore was wanted in the Prem. Paper talk maybe, but it just goes to show how his reputation has plummeted (that we are now talking of paying him off on here to get rid)

Adge

“I’m the player now that I should have been 10 years ago” is a good honest assessment even from the man himself.
Has improved with a run of games and we all hope the improvement continues-not the answer to our longer term ambitions but fine to have as a back up.

Sky Blue Pete

“I’m the player now that I should have been 10 years ago” is a good honest assessment even from the man himself.
Has improved with a run of games and we all hope the improvement continues-not the answer to our longer term ambitions but fine to have as a back up.
Absolutely

steve101

We are not spoilt for riches. Wilson has definitely improved and is an adequate number 2. Seems like a good character to have around and has shown before that he will be supportive as an understudy. He isn't the most assured keeper by any means but at the same time I feel he has earned a new contract and good luck to him.

Reactions: PVA

OldBedrocker

I keep seeing people on here praising MR .This is the same man who has put he faith in Wilson a goalkeeper who has been part of a defence that has conceded less goals than any one except the top 2. I suggest the other end of the field the problems are putting the ball in the net.I'll put me tin hat on now
[/QUOT
Those stats are pre World Cup I assume? We’ve conceded 13 in the 8 games Wilson has played since the World Cup

OldBedrocker

We are not spoilt for riches. Wilson has definitely improved and is an adequate number 2. Seems like a good character to have around and has shown before that he will be supportive as an understudy. He isn't the most assured keeper by any means but at the same time I feel he has earned a new contract and good luck to him.
Happy with him as a No2 keeper but not No1 if we want to progress. We now have both him an Moore under contract next year which worryingly suggests no new keeper coming in.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Everyone saying “he’s improved this season”. The only thing that’s improved is (was) the defence in front of him. We concede less shots therefore he concedes less goals. With how we’re defending at the moment, I fear there will be a lot of people saying “he started the season well, and second half of the season was poor”. He’s been poor the entire time, just is so rarely called upon as we’ve defended so well as a collective for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin Steins Smile

Unfortunately, I credited Wilson with improved shot stopping earlier today. However, the second goal showed poor technique as he dived over the ball. Schoolboy error!

ccfc1234

Fully expecting him to be number one next season, unfortunately.
If that happens Robins needs asking about what he sees in him. All I see is a keeper who has poor distribution and average shot stopping ability but only when it's at a comfortable height.

If that was Moore today people would be saying he is finished.

TomS91

Always been a liability. I’m actually past getting annoyed about it now because the errors are inevitable.

no_loyalty

Fully expecting him to be number one next season, unfortunately.

If we want to progress we need to get a decent keeper in the summer as Wilson is not the answer, a few very good keepers out of contract end of June.

rob9872

Does anyone have stats on most clean sheets in a season? Must be close already with 18 games to go and no Burnley, Sheff Utd or Norwich to play.

NorthernWisdom

He's nowhere near as bad as some people make out. I'd still like to see us bring another keeper in but with Moore under contract I can't see that happening.
I dunno, he's been pretty terrible!

Whisper it though, but yesterday he was quite... good. Even came out and claimed a cross. Did dither for one, but can let him off that.

The fidgety style always makes me nervous mind you! Less of that yesterday as he actually got rid of the ball quickly and decisively.

Terry Gibson's perm

There was still a moment where Doyle was facing him with an easy back pass and he knocked it out for a throw instead, I don’t think they trust him. Yesterday was a pretty easy day as they don’t really attack.

NorthernWisdom

He didn't have anything to do
He made a couple of smart saves, got his positioning right for a couple more (and actually caught them rather than his usual unnerving pat down and slump), commanded area reasonably, and a couple of excellent quick throws to set Gyokeres off.

He actually looked like a keeper today.

fernandopartridge

There was still a moment where Doyle was facing him with an easy back pass and he knocked it out for a throw instead, I don’t think they trust him. Yesterday was a pretty easy day as they don’t really attack.
Yeah I noticed one point where Doyle was facing his own goal chasing a long ball, he was looking for Wilson to either come and get it or get ready for the pass back. We need much better than him imo

CCFCSteve

I dunno, he's been pretty terrible!

Whisper it though, but yesterday he was quite... good. Even came out and claimed a cross. Did dither for one, but can let him off that.

The fidgety style always makes me nervous mind you! Less of that yesterday as he actually got rid of the ball quickly and decisively.

The couple of cross claims were a positive sign for me. He’s always been a pretty good shot stopper but the lack of command of his six yard box/unwillingness to come for crosses has always been my main issue.

Decent game yesterday and hope it continues

Users who are viewing this thread