Atmosphere (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Why do people care so much about other fans? Probably writing lists of top 5 away followings and saying good luck for the season.

Some people so care. It's fan culture. A huge part of football for many people.

Without fan culture, there would be no chants, rivalries, etc.

Nick

Administrator
Some people so care. It's fan culture. A huge part of football for many people.

Without fan culture, there would be no chants, rivalries, etc.

I'd rather be annoyed or happy about the team's performance rather than what some gimp away fan thinks and if they think we are the best home fans of the season and post it on Twitter.

Covkid1968#

Incidentally, a lot of the people who previously sat in the corner are and have moved to the other side by the away fans in the West Stand
Yeah… starting to get tasty over in block 2 and 3. Recently I’ve been shaking a fist and swirling the tartan blanket above my head!!! But I can’t keep it up all game.

Samo

Yeah… starting to get tasty over in block 2 and 3. Recently I’ve been shaking a fist and swirling the tartan blanket above my head!!! But I can’t keep it up all game.

Yeah I got a bit cross too and dropped my flask.

pusbccfc

I'd rather be annoyed or happy about the team's performance rather than what some gimp away fan thinks and if they think we are the best home fans of the season and post it on Twitter.

You'd be surprised how many people care Nick. Like I said, it's a huge part of football, particularly away fans. We can't change what happens on the pitch but we can create a good atmosphere.

letsallsingtogether

You'd be surprised how many people care Nick. Like I said, it's a huge part of football, particularly away fans. We can't change what happens on the pitch but we can create a good atmosphere.
Well if the away fans cared that much maybe they should take part and sing about more!
Some shocking away supporters this season.
WBA 4500 out sung by 850 Blackpool fans credit where credits due.

letsallsingtogether

The stadium is designed for the away fans to be behind that goal.
Well you can block off the Concourse behind block 16 they used to do it in the early days.
Give the away fans blocks 14 to 16 and surround them with home fans like the do at insester easy.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I posted on another thread but I thought the atmosphere at Sheffield Utd and West Brom at home was very poor. Half hearted PUSBs galore and struggling to make it past the we shall never lose line. It’s a shame as the last few years the support has driven the team on.

Not sure why but the atmosphere home and away has been rubbish since the World Cup. Can’t imagine a New Year’s Day game will help with all the hangovers.

pusbccfc

I posted on another thread but I thought the atmosphere at Sheffield Utd and West Brom at home was very poor. Half hearted PUSBs galore and struggling to make it past the we shall never lose line. It’s a shame as the last few years the support has driven the team on.

Not sure why but the atmosphere home and away has been rubbish since the World Cup. Can’t imagine a New Year’s Day game will help with all the hangovers.

And it will be very empty

letsallsingtogether

And outside?
What about outside?
How many clubs have you gone too where they fence off fans.
At Fulham they even shared the same concourse and bars.

Look there are always ways to do it if you want to.
They can fence off those turnstiles and direct away fans up the ramp and past the present shop/ ticket office.

Last edited:

stay_up_skyblues

What about outside?
How many clubs have you gone too where they fence off fans.
At Fulham they even shared the same concourse and bars.

Look there are always ways to do it if you want to.
They can fence off those turnstiles and direct away fans up the ramp and past the present shop/ ticket office.

Fulham probably not the best comparison to be fair. They eat Battenberg in the stands and the only thing that gets sniffed is Vics sinus spray.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Fulham probably not the best comparison to be fair. They eat Battenberg in the stands and the only thing that gets sniffed is Vics sinus spray.
The best comparison actually very good stewards who know what they’re doing and very friendly good police with sniffer dogs throwing out the coke heads.
the lady head steward said we were the politest fans they’d had, shows what you can do when you run things properly.

stay_up_skyblues

The best comparison actually very good stewards who know what they’re doing and very friendly good police with sniffer dogs throwing out the coke heads.
the lady head steward said we were the politest fans they’d had, shows what you can do when you run things properly.

I didn’t see the Sheff Utd stewards do anything wrong on Boxing Day. A few of our fans however…

I’d venture your Fulham experience says more about those who make that particular trip.

Travs

Well i appear to have been able to purchase a Block 14 ticket today, so will give an honest opinion of atmosphere again....

ccfctommy

It was like a funeral today.

You could hear the shouts of the players. I don't sit near the front either.

Skybluecol

Awful atmosphere....I sit towards the back of block 14. Very dull game...poor performance....Hamer's forward passing has been poor for his standards these last w games. Late game and decent away support vs Wrexham should liven things up! 🤞

pusbccfc

Garbage again. So many empty seats in 15/16.

Last season we won games late and the atmosphere carried the team. Fans had given up like the players today. Nothing to push them, just moans.

Hobo

I remember at Old Trafford. Terry Gibson scored a screamer.
Barely two coaches of Cov fans and I had travelled by train from Sheffield.

Man Utd fans pelted us with coins. Which helped pay for the days expenses.

We never stopped singing but I doubt we made a dent in Old Trafford.

But the atmosphere was great on the Cov terrace. Better than some bigger followings.

If Man Utd thought we had a shit following - I didnt give a fuck

Sky Blue Harry H

People saying today's atmosphere was poor - I thought our fans comfortably outsang Bristol's (from my seat in The Telegraph) and had a much wider variety of songs.

pusbccfc

People saying today's atmosphere was poor - I thought our fans comfortably outsang Bristol's (from my seat in The Telegraph) and had a much wider variety of songs.

They were the worst away this season after Sheffield United. A real shame because they have previously been brilliant at the Ricoh and Ashton Gate. Used to bring a drum back in the day.

Can't remember that many sitting down. Very quiet.

letsallsingtogether

Tbh I always back our fans but it was a bit flat today.
Mind you the game was poor no matter what team you supported today.
We thought they were shit and there for the taking, their fans must have thought the same about us.

Saddlebrains

Its been awful last couple of games.

Less people in the corner because of the draconian bullshit.
The product served up on the pitch doesnt exactly get you pumped up as a supporter, and i think theres now just a general apathy around knowing this is as far as we go under the current owners.

Go on mini good runs but then look shite when the paper thin squad becomes apparent

I've been saying Doug wont happen, but i tell you what i really hope it does because we're meandering into just existing again

Users who are viewing this thread