Atmosphere (3 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

In terms of atmosphere the best way to measure is how loud we are in comparison to the opposition.

Plymouth for example are regarded as being decent fans. However I don't think we were outsung by them last night, quite the opposite in fact. Various factors must've made the Plymouth fans quiet.

Which means those same factors made us quiet. Weather or football on show, I'm not sure. I suspect the weather, as once the final whistle went there was a stampede to the exits. Normally after a win a good amount of people will stay to applaud the players

oscillatewildly

In terms of atmosphere the best way to measure is how loud we are in comparison to the opposition.

Plymouth for example are regarded as being decent fans. However I don't think we were outsung by them last night, quite the opposite in fact. Various factors must've made the Plymouth fans quiet.

Which means those same factors made us quiet. Weather or football on show, I'm not sure. I suspect the weather, as once the final whistle went there was a stampede to the exits. Normally after a win a good amount of people will stay to applaud the players
Not when there's only a couple of bus's left in the day to get you back home.

Covcraig@bury

I also think the issue is the stewards patrolling the toilets and concourse stopping the white powder brigade getting charged up . In all fairness they’re the ones who got the atmosphere bouncing .
#BRINGBACKSNIFF .

SBAndy

Song selection is largely shite tbh. The “CCFC team for me” and “that’s the way we like it” chants are fucking awful.

Brighton Sky Blue

If they had trains that didn’t leave essentially at the final whistle then maybe a few more would stay.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I also think the issue is the stewards patrolling the toilets and concourse stopping the white powder brigade getting charged up . In all fairness they’re the ones who got the atmosphere bouncing .
#BRINGBACKSNIFF .
How to say I'm one of the cokeheads without saying I'm one of the cokeheads ;)

pusbccfc

Militant stewarding and policing. Doug King has done everything he can to kill the atmosphere up there. It's one of those things they should turn a blind eye to.

Spot on. It's worse than ever.

You can't even bring a mate to a match because it's 'sold out'. Yet, it's half empty in places.

bigfatronssba

Militant stewarding and policing. Doug King has done everything he can to kill the atmosphere up there. It's one of those things they should turn a blind eye to.

I think once safe standing comes in it will improve the corner atmosphere

SkyB

Think blaming this on Doug is a reach. We ruined it ourselves a couple of years ago when people kept trying to get into the away fans. The club have been on record saying that we had to remove people from 13/14 on police 'recommendation'.

I'm sure when they put the press release out they said it'd be reviewed after 2 years. I can't remember anymore trouble since, so hopefully the sanctions get lifted soon and we can start packing it with people again. Even if we do have to have increased stewards, by packing that corner, the atmosphere will increase again.

Also helps that we look like we're gonna stop be sh*t!

You can't even bring a mate to a match because it's 'sold out'. Yet, it's half empty in places.
I agree the restrictions on buying one or two extra tickets is a pain. When I bring anyone else I have to just say pay in the gate and we sit in empty seats in block 27. Which defeats the object of showing people how good it is. I’m also sick of the constant ticket checks - the way the staff speak to you isn’t on. My 16 YO son ST holder wasn’t let back into block 16 a few weeks ago after a quick pee break at HT - as his ticket was in my pocket & he left his phone at home. He had to wait for one of our friends behind to vouch for him and the steward reluctantly let him in .

AOM

Song selection is largely shite tbh. The “CCFC team for me” and “that’s the way we like it” chants are fucking awful.

I'm definitely with you on the 'CCFC. The team for me' one. Thought it sounded terrible the first time I heard it.
It's down there with the Doug King chant and ' Oh Coventry is wonderful'

Just wish the Latibeaudiere and Sakamoto songs made on here could have got going

Saddlebrains

Think blaming this on Doug is a reach. We ruined it ourselves a couple of years ago when people kept trying to get into the away fans. The club have been on record saying that we had to remove people from 13/14 on police 'recommendation'.

I'm sure when they put the press release out they said it'd be reviewed after 2 years. I can't remember anymore trouble since, so hopefully the sanctions get lifted soon and we can start packing it with people again. Even if we do have to have increased stewards, by packing that corner, the atmosphere will increase again.

Also helps that we look like we're gonna stop be sh*t!

No we didnt

That Derby tear up was instigated by Derby. They knew they were going on a L1 tour after that season and they kicked off at most away games that season

They were hell bent on trouble that day, even walking through Tesco they were smashing bottles outside looking for a ruck with families. Case in point, after full time when they tried to smash up the cherrytree.

What set that off inside was that kind of behaviour, and trying their best to rip flags in memoriam of a 15 year old boy, Jimmy Hill etc

How did anyone expect the chavs in the corner to react to that?

I abhore football violence and it's such a pathetic way of life in my view, but il never pile on our lot for basically sticking up for themselves that whole day, in and outside the ground

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

To be fair though it was the same last season. The corner is just as empty this year as it was last year - the only time its been fully full has been the season after covid

Users who are viewing this thread