Atmosphere (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

The game orchestrates the atmosphere. I thought both sets of fans gave it a good go at times. Have you ever been to Anfield? The famous Kop? An absolute morgue at times - but they rock up for European nights and put on a show for TV. I have known City silence Old Trafford on more than one occassion.

We were very well managed last night by a team who came for a point. Gyokores met his physical match last night. 26 year old on loan from WBA. Ideal McFadz replacement (my man of the match).

It didn't last season. We were losing/drawing many games last year and the atmosphere carried the team.

David O'Day

Yes there are more empty seats than last season but it was as full last night as it has been earlier in the season when people were creaming themselves over the atmosphere.

People try and get it going but 16, 17 and 18 are less likely to join in now it seems.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

I don’t think there’s a stadium in the country where every stand is starting songs throughout the game. Not every block can be full of coked up ultras with a drum.

No, but they can make an effort to join in. Even the middle blocks and West Stand join in these days. The Telegraph is well and truly the daytripper/family stand now.

pusbccfc

Yes there are more empty seats than last season but it was as full last night as it has been earlier in the season when people were creaming themselves over the atmosphere.

People try and get it going but 16, 17 and 18 are less likely to join in no wit seems.

Certainly wasn't as full.

You're right at 16-18. A lot of elderly and young families there now. Dynamics have changed.

SBT

No, but they can make an effort to join in. Even the middle blocks and West Stand join in these days. The Telegraph is well and truly the daytripper/family stand now.
Not sure what you expect when it was literally closed off to supporters at various points over the past few years.

We need day trippers and families to get the stadium even 2/3 full.

Ashdown

I think the crowd last night was a few thousand more than announced. Never seen that many trying to get over the A444 for a long time . There were a lot more in the Telegraph stand last night.
Decent priced tickets make all the difference.

shmmeee

Why not bring back the old “family stand” and police that tighter, or even have the opposite and make parts over 14 only or something to make it clear you’re likely to get offended?

Silly getting at each others throats there are different types of fans and they all play an important part (even the daytripping cunts in front of me up and down so often we were a one row Mexican wave)

I actually think the way we sold tickets compressed all the fans down that end and so there’s little choice now but newer fans, pay on gate, daytrippers all to be sat down the opposite end. Hopefully we’ve shown it’s worth opening up all stands next season and people have a bit more flexibility.

hill83

I quite like the quieter end so I can take my son. I’ll blast a few pints when he’s not there and nip round the other side.

Hertsccfc

It is too empty unfortunately.

Ideally they'd block that corner off and push all pay on the gate tickets behind the goal
Why do you want everyone pushed together? One of the strengths of that stand is that it enables more elderly and family supporters to attend who might not otherwise.

Reactions: AOM

wingy

Why do you want everyone pushed together? One of the strengths of that stand is that it enables more elderly and family supporters to attend who might not otherwise.
Of course it was a well populated stand when we moved in and was a singing stand .
It was a conscious move to congregate the corner.
Never aspired to that from my POV.

Ashdown

This reference to Daytrippers is quite offensive to be honest. I had a season ticket for 20 years straight but not now, I get to as many games as I can when I’m in the country and can afford it.
The truth is the current ST holders have ( quite rightly ) bagged most of the best seats in the singing blocks meaning most people can’t get to sit up there even if they wanted to, hence having to spread out round the ground. It’s hardly a crime and these are the fans being asked to pay £33 again on Sunday for the privelage. They are vital to the club.

Saddlebrains

All for people attending and adding money to the coffers, but it does fuck me off with some of the once a year bridgade when they stroll in 10 minutes in and dont have a fucking clue where their seat is, then they're up again at 35 mins for a pint, then come back at 55 minutes, then fuckoff at 80

thekidfromstrettoncamp

"Saddlebrains"while I agree with you the coffers are what keep us going.If we left less space between us and the opposition ie when we played WBA There might be fewer people movements around you.Last nights atmosphere I thought was in someway down to what we were seeing on the pitch letharic is how I would discribe it.One or two player clearly were not fit therefore we didn't to press like normal.

Coundon Blue

All for people attending and adding money to the coffers, but it does fuck me off with some of the once a year bridgade when they stroll in 10 minutes in and dont have a fucking clue where their seat is, then they're up again at 35 mins for a pint, then come back at 55 minutes, then fuckoff at 80

I didn’t bother going once I heard Kelly was starting. No wonder we didn’t win

pusbccfc

So they wouldn't attend if we sold out?

It looks dreadful how it is. It's a joke to other fans coming to the Ricoh.

Tommo1993

There really aren’t many grounds in this league where you won’t find half empty stands during games. Wouldn’t worry about it, doesn’t win us points.

hill83

England games are better anyway!

My lad is still 2 as well mate. I just got a random kid a season ticket.

Hertsccfc

So they wouldn't attend if we sold out?

It looks dreadful how it is. It's a joke to other fans coming to the Ricoh.
I think that is true for some people, especially old people, post covid.

Couldn't care less what other team's fans think and anyway how do completely empty parts of a ground look better?

Users who are viewing this thread