'Anti-SISU brigade' (1 Viewer)

sotv1987

There's been that many things it's hard to remember them all. So I tried doing it the other way round and aside from a doomed from the start attempt to get back in the premiership I can't think of another thing that they've done to benefit the club. And before some smart arse says broke the ridiculous rent agreement with ACL I'd point out the immeasurable damage caused by the method SISU used to do it, I struggle to see a nett gain from it. Financially and morally and what this added to the long term sustainability of the club. Indeed if anything our opportunities have been greatly reduced by SISU's tactics to the point where we do actually need to build anew now and I think we all know SISU are never going to oversee that.

Complete the signing of TM??

Hobo

Complete the signing of TM??

Well most of us would say yes at this stage, but if he gives Barton a new contract and signs a few more donkeys we might be saying differently. Remember people are not judged on the potential, it is what they actually achieve. TM has just done enough to be given a go and it is only just enough.

sotv1987

Well most of us would say yes at this stage, but if he gives Barton a new contract and signs a few more donkeys we might be saying differently. Remember people are not judged on the potential, it is what they actually achieve. TM has just done enough to be given a go and it is only just enough.

Agreed Hobo, but would you not agree that keeping us up this year is good for the club and the potential future of our club, as i'm convinced we would be playing in league 2 if he hadn't signed a short term contract (this is what i was getting at when i said the signing of TM) we can only but wait and see what he has planned for us, but i'm more optimistic than i have been for some time at present, don't get me wrong, I want SISU gone as much as the next person, however, this is a good signing by the owners, IMHO

bigfatronssba

Until sisu turn us into a mid table championship team, with an average attendance of 20k, with a contract stating the club will have a home in Coventry for the next 40 years, then they get no credit from me.

Congratulating someone for slightly reducing a mess they've created is like an arsonist wanting credit for calling the fire brigade about a building he's just torched.

Grendel

Until sisu turn us into a mid table championship team, with an average attendance of 20k, with a contract stating the club will have a home in Coventry for the next 40 years, then they get no credit from me.

Congratulating someone for slightly reducing a mess they've created is like an arsonist wanting credit for calling the fire brigade about a building he's just torched.

Ah when they took over you mean? Aren't you missing out something from your list?

sotv1987

I am by no means congratulating anyone bigfat, they have nothing to be congratulated for, please read the question, i was merely replying to a post stating that they can't think of anything the owners have done to benefit club, I believe that TM has benefited the club by keeping us up, as to long term, only time will tell, so please do not missconstrue my post as a pat on the back to the owners as it most definately wasn't.

Sick Boy

I don't think they'd done that at the time of that post but yes that would be a good thing although signing a decent manager is also the least we should expect from our owners. Regardless of who they happen to be.

Go on Tony, tried to give the club some credit for a change. Mowbray will be a fantastic appointment and one I'm sure not even you saw coming.

Sick Boy

A mid table Championship team renting off a franchise rugby club? Can't see it myself.

skybluetony176

Go on Tony, tried to give the club some credit for a change. Mowbray will be a fantastic appointment and one I'm sure not even you saw coming.

I didn't see it coming no. Either on the short term deal to the end of last season or signing him on a permanent deal. I'm happy that they've done the minimum any CCFC fan should expect from them.

stupot07

We will never average 20k at the Ricoh by merely being a mid table championship side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

SISU are not our club. They just run our club very badly.

Hobo

Agreed Hobo, but would you not agree that keeping us up this year is good for the club and the potential future of our club, as i'm convinced we would be playing in league 2 if he hadn't signed a short term contract (this is what i was getting at when i said the signing of TM) we can only but wait and see what he has planned for us, but i'm more optimistic than i have been for some time at present, don't get me wrong, I want SISU gone as much as the next person, however, this is a good signing by the owners, IMHO

yes and I think if Samuel had not got injured we would have been safe sooner. Which means we would be a bit further in to the rebuild already. Some details are beyond your control, so even TM still needs a bit of luck. A couple of quality signings early on to get season tickets rolling and a good start to the season to get the Ricoh rocking.....and we just might be in a position to start the dream

The only thing SISU should have got credit for was their initial investment plan with Ranson as Chairman and players like Dann, Fox, Westwood, Gunnarsson etc acquired on the cheap.

From the moment they bottled it though anyone that had a clue left. The club has been a circus ever since and their conduct disgusting. Pretending to run the club while secretly concentrating all their efforts on destressing ACL and stealing the Ricoh. All the while City fans handing over their hard earned and watching on in despair as their club is dragged through the dirt.

Even now, nearly two years after they officially moved on, they are taking the piss with legal procedures and complaints.

Any praise for them seems more like Stockholm syndrome! My family gave up their season tickets the season before the Northampton debacle and won't be returning to the Ricoh until they're gone.

letsallsingtogether

The only thing SISU should have got credit for was their initial investment plan with Ranson as Chairman and players like Dann, Fox, Westwood, Gunnarsson etc acquired on the cheap.

From the moment they bottled it though anyone that had a clue left. The club has been a circus ever since and their conduct disgusting. Pretending to run the club while secretly concentrating all their efforts on destressing ACL and stealing the Ricoh. All the while City fans handing over their hard earned and watching on in despair as their club is dragged through the dirt.

Even now, nearly two years after they officially moved on, they are taking the piss with legal procedures and complaints.

Any praise for them seems more like Stockholm syndrome! My family gave up their season tickets the season before the Northampton debacle and won't be returning to the Ricoh until they're gone.

Dito. Well put post of this thread

Captain Dart

It is no secret is it.

lordsummerisle

That is entirely where it went wrong.

The first priority should have been getting the Ricoh.

Named some decent players there, but only Dann really Premiership quality, forgetting the dross also aquired on unsustainable contracts, and the perserverence with a useless manager.

If Sisu had played the same tactics with CCC/Higgs when they first came in as they did latterly then they would have been acclaimed by you(and the majority) for doing so as the "hard nosed business people" that we needed.

Who can say that their valuation of ACL was wrong when you look at the price that it was sold for?

Astute

Their valuation was wrong. Wasps have paid about 20m. They didn't want to pay anywhere near that. And they even took us to Northampton to devalue it.

That is entirely where it went wrong.

The first priority should have been getting the Ricoh.

Named some decent players there, but only Dann really Premiership quality, forgetting the dross also aquired on unsustainable contracts, and the perserverence with a useless manager.

If Sisu had played the same tactics with CCC/Higgs when they first came in as they did latterly then they would have been acclaimed by you(and the majority) for doing so as the "hard nosed business people" that we needed.

Who can say that their valuation of ACL was wrong when you look at the price that it was sold for?

Why couldn't they have both put in a fair offer for the Ricoh and invested in the team? Do the two need to be mutually exclusive?

My only point is that I was happy with their investment strategy on the pitch up until then - nothing wrong with a hard nosed business strategy in the transfer market.

The underhand way in which they tried to acquire the Ricoh while also disgregarding the club is a completely different thing and something I would obviously never condone. This issue transcends football and is one of the many reasons people feel alienated from the club now.

Last edited:

Grendel

Why couldn't they have both put in a fair offer for the Ricoh and invested in the team? Do the two need to be mutually exclusive?

My only point is that I was happy with their investment strategy on the pitch up until then - nothing wrong with a hard nosed business strategy in the transfer market.

The underhand way in which they tried to acquire the Ricoh while also disgregarding the club is a completely different thing and something I would obviously never condone. This issue transcends football and is one of the many reasons people feel alienated from the club now.

So why only mention a couple of players then?

Why not also congratulate Ray on;

Stephen Wright
Guillame Beuzilin
James McPake
The big signing -- Freddie Eastwood
Clinton Morrisson
David Bell

All signed in season one

Godiva

Their valuation was wrong. Wasps have paid about 20m. They didn't want to pay anywhere near that. And they even took us to Northampton to devalue it.

No, they didn't pay £20m - they paid £6m.
This has been discussed like a thousand times, and the conclusion is the same every time: Wasps paid £6m for the company ACL.

The confusion is always around the loan/mortgage. That loan was initially given by Yorkshire Bank. Sisu's tactic was to devalue that loan by the rent strike. The idea was to have YB to write off a large percentage. Had that worked the net asset value of ACL would have increased equally.

Then CCC took over the loan at almost the full value, so the net asset value of ACL was unaffected.
As a result the company was extremely fragile. When their main customer moved out ACL went to the brink of administration. Sisu's tactic worked.

The owners of ACL had no choice but to sell and luckily for them - unlucky for us - Wasps was ready to buy.
Surprisingly they took over the loan at full value, but as the long lease was extended to 250 years the net asset value increased to the level where paying £6m for the company made sense.

Bottom line: Wasps still owe £14m, but now to bonds holders.

Last edited:

Astute

Stephen Wright
Guillame Beuzilin
James McPake
Clinton Morrisson
David Bell

All signed in season one

Who do we congratulate for last seasons players? Is it Waggott or SP? And if it was SP do we congratulate Waggott for bringing him to our club and then extending his contract to 4 years?

Stephen Wright
Guillame Beuzilin
James McPake
Clinton Morrisson
David Bell

All signed in season one

Like I say, I was happy with the strategy, not necessarily all the results. At least at that point they HAD a strategy on the pitch.

The owners of ACL had no choice but to sell and luckily for them - unlucky for us - Wasps was ready to buy.

Luck has nothing to do with it. SISU should have made an offer. They had over 7 years to do what Wasps did in months.

letsallsingtogether

Move a team 80 miles?

What does that have to do with the strategy of our owners except make it easier for another company to step in and grab it from under their noses?
I thought sisu were some kind of super company the way some of you defend them, and now blame wasps Acl CCC Higgs or anyone else who happens to come along for their own incompetent behaviour .

Astute

Move a team 80 miles?

We got moved nearly half that. And if Wasps never took over what should be our ground there is a good chance we would still be there. They were homeless. SISU chose to make us homeless. Both moves were very wrong.

Moff

What does that have to do with the strategy of our owners except make it easier for another company to step in and grab it from under their noses?
I thought sisu were some kind of super company the way some of you defend them, and now blame wasps Acl CCC Higgs or anyone else who happens to come along for their own incompetent behaviour .

So by Nick mocking wasps he is saying SISU are a super company.

You use the same old fucking tired line constantly but I cant seem to see all these people who support them. You know by criticising wasps doesnt make you a SISU super fan dont you :facepalm:

letsallsingtogether

So by Nick mocking wasps he is saying SISU are a super company.

You use the same old fucking tired line constantly but I cant seem to see all these people who support them. You know by criticising wasps doesnt make you a SISU super fan dont you :facepalm:

Well it definitely doesn't make me a super Sisu fan :facepalm:
or even a fan.

Godiva

Ah hmm - their strategy worked. They won the battle. It turned out to be a 'Pyrrhus victory' as in the end they lost the war.
But CCC/Higgs fought to maintain control over ACL. They won against sisu, but in the end it was also in vain as they had to sell to Wasps.

I would say both were competent and successful in their strategy, but in the end they both ended up without the prize they were fighting for.

The real winner is Wasps. The real loser is the club and the fans.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Godiva that's two posts in the same thread that I agree with and like ............. whats going on !!!!? :laugh:

Godiva

Godiva that's two posts in the same thread that I agree with and like ............. whats going on !!!!? :laugh:

Hmm - I must be doing something wrong. Better go back and check. :)

Anyway, after writing the last post I remembered you saying back in early 2013 when ACL started legal actions to get the club to pay the outstanding rent, that this would not end well and most likely both parties would end up destroying each other.
Turned out you were right!
(I tried searching for your post as I would have quoted it, but couldn't find it - sorry).

So maybe you liked my posts as I was merely updating the status of your prediction?

Users who are viewing this thread