'Anti-SISU brigade' (1 Viewer)

Grendel

From which ground are you talking about?

The club wanted to extend highfield road didn't they? Building across the road behind the sky blue stand?

Hobo

The club wanted to extend highfield road didn't they? Building across the road behind the sky blue stand?

Oh I thought you might have been talking about when we played on the corner of Humber Road and Binley Road?

Your arguement Grendel is a bit like what if Germany had won the war

Grendel

Oh I thought you might have been talking about when we played on the corner of Humber Road and Binley Road?

Your arguement Grendel is a bit like what if Germany had won the war

Is it?

So we are where we are due to lack diligence from a hedge fund but not because a council didn't do what most other councils at the time did and allow a City Centre stadium to be extended.

Ah ok

Hobo

Is it?

So we are where we are due to lack diligence from a hedge fund but not because a council didn't do what most other councils at the time did and allow a City Centre stadium to be extended.

Ah ok

we are where we are for all sorts of reason down through history. SiSu knew what they were taking on and have to be judged on their performance as owners and managers from that date. Although I do accept that the sale of Denis Moritmer was a great hindrance to the clubs progression and we should have got more money for Willie Carr and that tie you are wearing doesn't give justice to your intelligence.

Astute

Is it?

Ah ok

So who would have paid for purchasing the surrounding houses and who would have paid for the actual build? Remember CCFC were skint.

Grendel

So who would have paid for purchasing the surrounding houses and who would have paid for the actual build? Remember CCFC were skint.

We weren't skint at the time

Grendel

we are where we are for all sorts of reason down through history. SiSu knew what they were taking on and have to be judged on their performance as owners and managers from that date. Although I do accept that the sale of Denis Moritmer was a great hindrance to the clubs progression and we should have got more money for Willie Carr and that tie you are wearing doesn't give justice to your intelligence.

So if Newcastle's council had refused planning permission to extend their ground the consequences would have been the owners' fault.

Ah ok

cloughie

If we had been allowed the extension it's highly unlikely we would have ever moved.

Laughable statement,

Have you forgotten the Thief of Coventry?

He who sold everything and rented it back at the cost of the purchase!

Hobo

So if Newcastle's council had refused planning permission to extend their ground the consequences would have been the owners' fault.

Ah ok

who knows what the consequences would have been or how the owners would have manged their affairs. Stop trying to drive every arguement down the hypothetical route. Let's just stick to the seven years SISU have had to make an impact on our fortunes...rather than keep harping back to moments in the past. I think Bristol City at home was pretty key and controversial don't you? Get my drift it's all pointless bollocks now!

Covstu

Lets face it SISU are the root cause of the shit we are in trying bullyboy tactics to get what they wanted however the council had made that battle personal and made decisions not for the benefit of the club which has screwed us for years to come. They have sided with an 'outsider' who have taken our home so I can totally understand why people hate CCC. They showed no regard to the thousands of people who love the club

Hobo

Lets face it SISU are the root cause of the shit we are in trying bullyboy tactics to get what they wanted however the council had made that battle personal and made decisions not for the benefit of the club which has screwed us for years to come. They have sided with an 'outsider' who have taken our home so I can totally understand why people hate CCC. They showed no regard to the thousands of people who love the club

Just as SISU have shown no regard to the thousands of people who love the club. Their love started with the nominal shareholders on the eve of their takeover.

skybluetony176

Is it?

Ah ok

If they had of refused planning permission do you think Newcastle's owners would have behaved like SISU. Or is it at all possible that the reason that Newcastle got planning permission is because they went about it in a manner that was successful instead of litigation etc?

Grendel

If they had of refused planning permission do you think Newcastle's owners would have behaved like SISU. Or is it at all possible that the reason that Newcastle got planning permission is because they went about it in a manner that was successful instead of litigation etc?

Sisu were 12 years away from owning CCFC when this happened.

Are you saying the board at the time, which included Mr Coventry, were suing the council? What for?

letsallsingtogether

Are you saying the board at the time, which included Mr Coventry, were suing the council? What for?

HA HA HA Waiting for you to bring up JE another one who is to blame for every thing.

So Now we are at.......
Joe Elliott
CCC
The SKY Blue Trust
The stay away Supporters
The Telegraph
The Wasps
Andy Thorn

But yes you really do hate Sisu?

Funny how everyone that has dealings with Sisu end up falling out with them so are they all wrong oh except for that prestigious Newspaper The Coventry Observer.:laugh:

skybluetony176

Instead of trying to make out I said something I didn't as a means of distraction why don't you answer the question? I thought you despise people who dodge debate?

Grendel

Instead of trying to make out I said something I didn't as a means of distraction why don't you answer the question? I thought you despise people who dodge debate?

I did Tony sadly you can't read. I said existing ground expansion which was explored in the 90's was rejected and you said that's because the club kept taking litigation agsinst the council.

So do you stand by your original statement?

Grendel

When was that? Lets face it none was ever applied for, give me the planning reference number if you know otherwise.

You work for the council so I'm sure you have it Jack. Ask Schmeee - he got really defensive last time the subject was raised on here -'can't think why.

skybluetony176

I did Tony sadly you can't read. I said existing ground expansion which was explored in the 90's was rejected and you said that's because the club kept taking litigation agsinst the council.

So do you stand by your original statement?

Twisting again. Obviously you don't want to answer the question.

letsallsingtogether

We weren't skint at the time

So who paid for the New East stand when it was built?
And who paid for the Skyblue stand to be rebuilt when it burnt down???, they did own half of thr houses behind it at the time.
And I believe it was behind the West Stand that they wanted to extend?

Grendel

So who paid for the New East stand when it was built?
And who paid for the Skyblue stand to be rebuilt when it burnt down???, they did own half of thr houses behind it at the time.
And I believe it was behind the West Stand that they wanted to extend?

Careful Jack will be asking for the council application number.

letsallsingtogether

Careful Jack will be asking for the council application number.

TBF I believe they wanted to demolish the west Stand and the houses behind it but they then went and sold off all the houses they had purchased, kept the big one on the corner as that was where the Academy players were based. they did also buy the old Mercers Arms then demolished it if my memory serves me right.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Your argument here makes no sense, I don't know anything about planning permission at Highfield Road or why it was rejected but it sounds like your implying the reason that planning permission was refused at HR was because SISU were taking the council to court.

I doubt that is what you are trying to say as that would be insane but that is how it comes across and why others have called you out on it. You've either got your wires crossed somewhere along the line or you just didn't put your point across very well. They haven't tried to make out you said something you didn't, that is just how it reads.

J

Jack Griffin

You work for the council so I'm sure you have it Jack. Ask Schmeee - he got really defensive last time the subject was raised on here -'can't think why.

Council worker, lol bunch of slackers.

Anyway clearly you have no idea what you are talking about and nothing to backup what you said, quite probably just made up stuff.

Its not as if you haven't been caught out lying before, I remember there was that time you grossly inflated the crowd numbers at Sixfields and then someone published a photo on twitter to show the real crowd was pitiful.

PS You made up the line about me working for the council too, cause I don't & never have PMSL.

Grendel

Council worker, lol bunch of slackers.

Anyway clearly you have no idea what you are talking about and nothing to backup what you said, quite probably just made up stuff.

Its not as if you haven't been caught out lying before, I remember there was that time you grossly inflated the crowd numbers at Sixfields and then someone published a photo on twitter to show the real crowd was pitiful.

PS You made up the line about me working for the council too, cause I don't & never have PMSL.

No I didn't inflate the crowd. That's a lie. As I am sure you are a stickler for evidence and all that you have a link as proof?

Moff

When was that? Lets face it none was ever applied for, give me the planning reference number if you know otherwise.

It isnt made up stuff, I thought you would have known being a fellow fan?

It was another of Richardsons hairbrained schemes where the club had bought the pub and land behind the stand, including the car park next to the pub, where the players used to stick their Subarus and Isuzus. Richardon planned to develop the stand and then the land, I seem to remember some stupid suggestion of an aquarium as well. As usual a combination of red tape and Richardsons mass spending on ideas that often were doomed to fail led to a shit load of cash spent and wasted on land that the club did nothing with.

Grendel

It isnt made up stuff, I thought you would have known being a fellow fan?

It was another of Richardsons hairbrained schemes where the club had bought the pub and land behind the stand, including the car park next to the pub, where the players used to stick their Subarus and Isuzus. Richardon planned to develop the stand and then the land, I seem to remember some stupid suggestion of an aquarium as well. As usual a combination of red tape and Richardsons mass spending on ideas that often were doomed to fail led to a shit load of cash spent and wasted on land that the club did nothing with.

Exactly - it's like having proof Ian Wallace scored an overhead kick against Norwich.

He clearly isn't a fan and a liar.

Users who are viewing this thread