'Anti-SISU brigade' (1 Viewer)

I was shocked just now to see a City fan on the CT website refer to others as 'the anti-SISU brigade'.

Surely by now that's all of us!

Anyway, it got me thinking of all the reasons I loathe and detest the parasites. This list is very much non-exhaustive so feel free to add to it.

- Leading our club to its lowest position in 50 years
- Taking our club to a different part of the country in an underhand attempt to steal our stadium
- Doing this in their own interest despite the obvious long term damage it would cause the club
- Lying to the fans in the process
- Threatening to take the memorial garden with them
- Mockingly saying that a statue of Joy Seppala should be built
- Wasting time and resources on a legal battle with our council rather than the football club.
- Selling any assets we have at any opportunity
- Lying to us that the money would be reinvested.
- Lying to us on just about everything!
- Selling youth players who had been bought through the academy for below the going rate or for “undisclosed fees”.
- Short term and short sighted profiteering!
- Criminal mismanagement of contract negotiations (effectively letting the most valuable and bankable assets end their contracts and leave on a free transfer)
- Ken Dulieu, bench sitter
- Onye Igwe, "First on the agenda: Sky Blue Sam is too fat"
- Leonard Brody, Mr Text a Sub
- Tim Fisher - where do I even start?
- Full censorship of peaceful protests with ejections and lies about fire safety hazards
- Secretive dialogue with other clubs to enforce censorship on away days
- Threatening the fans with legal action
- Threatening everyone with legal action
- Ruining any chance for reconciliation with the council by reiterating that a stadium will be built elsewhere
- Not building it
- Intentionally slandered the Trust and its staff
- Intentionally split the fanbase as a strategy
- Refusing to pay Pressley his compensation, once again putting the club at risk of liquidation
- Wasting time with an official complaint over the conduct of councillors, long after their attempts to steal the stadium were scuppered and almost 2 years to do the day that they had 'moved on' and announced a new stadium would be built
- Closing the North Stand and removing a third of the already pitiful seating capacity for City's loyal disabled supporters
- Blaming the fans for a lack of signings

The day they leave will be one of the finest moments in Coventry City's history and it should be celebrated with street parties. Maybe a bus top parade of our Statue of Joy?

That's providing there is still a club to support of course.

Last edited:

CCFCKirky

SISU are just generally a waste of space, the club is not going to rebuild with them at the helm. The quicker they are gone the better it will be for the long term future of the club!

matesx

I was shocked just now to see a City fan on the CT website refer to others as 'the anti-SISU brigade'.

Surely by now that's all of us!

Anyway, it got me thinking of all the reasons I loathe and detest the parasites. This list is very much non-exhaustive so feel free to add to it.

- Leading our club to its lowest position in 50 years
- Taking our club to a different part of the country in an underhand attempt to steal our stadium
- Doing this in their own interest despite the obvious long term damage it would cause the club
- Lying to the fans in the process
- Threatening to take the memorial garden with them
- Mockingly saying that a statue of Joy Seppala should be built
- Wasting time and resources on a legal battle with our council rather than the football club.
- Selling any assets we have at any opportunity
- Lying to us that the money would be reinvested.
- Lying to us on just about everything!
- Selling youth players who had been bought through the academy for below the going rate or for “undisclosed fees”.
- Short term and short sighted profiteering!
- Criminal mismanagement of contract negotiations (effectively letting the most valuable and bankable assets end their contracts and leave on a free transfer)
- Ken Dulieu, bench sitter
- Onye Igwe, "First on the agenda: Sky Blue Sam is too fat"
- Leonard Brody, Mr Text a Sub
- Tim Fisher - where do I even start?
- Full censorship of peaceful protests with ejections and lies about fire safety hazards
- Secretive dialogue with other clubs to enforce censorship on away days
- Threatening the fans with legal action
- Threatening everyone with legal action
- Ruining any chance for reconciliation with the council by reiterating that a stadium will be built elsewhere
- Not building it

The day they leave will be one of the finest moments in Coventry City's history and it should be celebrated with street parties. Maybe a bus top parade of our Statue of Joy?

That's providing there is still a club to support of course.

yeah but apart from that tthey're alright m8

stupot07

Can't argue with most of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

There's been that many things it's hard to remember them all. So I tried doing it the other way round and aside from a doomed from the start attempt to get back in the premiership I can't think of another thing that they've done to benefit the club. And before some smart arse says broke the ridiculous rent agreement with ACL I'd point out the immeasurable damage caused by the method SISU used to do it, I struggle to see a nett gain from it. Financially and morally and what this added to the long term sustainability of the club. Indeed if anything our opportunities have been greatly reduced by SISU's tactics to the point where we do actually need to build anew now and I think we all know SISU are never going to oversee that.

Last edited:

stupot07

Breaking the rent deal wasn't the issue, subsequently moving to Northampton was the problem.

They have got better at cost control.

They have aligned the academy with the first team

They have applied and got cat 2 academy status

They did initially invest.

There is some things that have been done for the long term (cost control, academy) benefit. That's about all folks, I'm now at the bottom of the barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Sky Blues

Breaking the rent deal wasn't the issue, subsequently moving to Northampton was the problem.

They did initial invest.

That's about all folks, I'm now at the bottom of the barrel.

If they had spent that initial investment on securing the ground and the revenue streams that flow from it, the Sky Blues would probably be a better place right now.

stupot07

If they had spent that initial investment on securing the ground and the revenue streams that flow from it, the Sky Blues would probably be a better place right now.

You're not wrong. Their biggest mistake along with not restructuring the wage bill earlier.

shmmeee

Just to play Devils advocate.

- there are the same thing. Breaking the lease was only possible by theft of the golden share and moving to Nothampton killing the club. It was the wrong strategy at the wrong time and Sisu and those fans who continue to support it support the destruction of the club (Hi Rob Stevens)

- No they haven't, they've just cut the wage bill while slashing revenue. That's not cost control that's hacking away at the business.

- You mean they've made them the same things? We've always had a good academy.

- correct me I'm wrong but that was maintained not something SISU invested in.

They did initial invest.

- any proof of this? Has any of the debt gone?

That's about all folks, I'm now at the bottom of the barrel.

Let me add to OPs list:

- intentionally slandered the Trust and its staff
- intentionally split the fanbase as a strategy

Personally I think they are the most despicable ones. Unity of the fanbase IS the club, far more than the owners or anything else. By attacking that they attack the very fabric of the club. Makes it even more disgusting that they recruited the local media and so called City fans (Hi Rob Stevens) to aide and abet them.

Scum. Absolute scum. I will never forgive them, I wish unspeakably nasty things on everyone connected with Sisu and all those that give them comfort. Scum.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Was it a strategy though? Have you seen the minutes and stuff from meetings?

Could it be said about other parties recruiting the trust?

What about the council using local media?

Neither are right, just adding to your list as it seems to get forgotten.

shmmeee

Yes it was a strategy Nick. I saw it happen first hand, say what the fuck you like mate I'm bored of your pointless posts now. Believe what you want, I know what I've seen. If you want to continue supporting them and believing rumour over fact that's your lookout.

I know who killed my club and who helped them do it. I also know what the Trust was actually doing unlike you it seems. No point trying to convince you, you made your mind up long ago.

Last edited:

Astute

Nicks account has been taken over by RFC :wave:

shmmeee

In your rush to defend Sisu and get a dig in on your hated council you seem to have forgotten what the topic of the thread is.

Nick

Administrator
Nick was taken over after he arranged his super secret fans club with Labovitch. He's been spreading bullshit and rumour ever since.
Oh no, more made up stuff. Lucky I'm not you else I'd be babbling and threatening legal action unless it was removed.

Threatening fans with legal action was on that list wasn't it?

Do you actually know anything you are talking about or just spouting shit?

Astute

Lavobitch....one of a line of idiots employed by SISU. And some wonder where it all went wrong.

covmark

Nick was taken over after he arranged his super secret fans club with Labovitch. He's been spreading bullshit and rumour ever since.
Dear oh dear.

In response to the op. Can't argue with any of those points. Sisu have taken us from one disaster to another. The day they leave will be a day to celebrate.

Astute

No, I am merely just saying your points have been done by other parties.

No need to take the thread off topic to get your own points in though Nick :whistle:

Nick

Administrator
No need to take the thread off topic to get your own points in though Nick :whistle:
Again, sisu have done plenty ( as in the op) and you can't argue that. Which is why I don't see the need for the conspiracy type stuff.

Astute

Which is why I don't see the need for the conspiracy type stuff.

Ah you get me now :claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
Yes it was a strategy Nick. I saw it happen first hand, say what the fuck you like mate I'm bored of your pointless posts now. Believe what you want, I know what I've seen. If you want to continue supporting them and believing rumour over fact that's your lookout.

I know who killed my club and who helped them do it. I also know what the Trust was actually doing unlike you it seems. No point trying to convince you, you made your mind up long ago.

What did you see first hand?

What were they actually doing?

Nick

Administrator
Ah you get me now :claping hands:
Not really sure those are conspiracies, the ones I was replying to with those I don't think of as conspiracies either. It was more the it was the strategy to split the fans, I think the fans did a good job of that.

dongonzalos

I wouldn't say the Trust would have actively recruited I think they just looked objectively at the situation, listened to their members and apportioned blame accordingly. I appreciate you have an issue with their stance but I would suggest the majority of their members agree with it. That is the most important thing.

NorthernWisdom

I wouldn't say the Trust would have actively recruited I think they just looked objectively at the situation, listened to their members and apportioned blame accordingly. I appreciate you have an issue with their stance but I would suggest the majority of their members agree with it. That is the most important thing.

I assume he was referring to the Haskell/Hoffman/Elliott affair.

Probably deserves its own thread, mind you, rather than this one ;)

As I'm here then yep, can't dispute most of the OP's points. A couple probably let down the main thrust mind you but hell, everyone else is arguing and I'm off sick so I'll leave them to it ;)

Nick

Administrator

I was on about the whole Haskell / ACL thing back in the day rather than statements that are made where they have asked members first.

dongonzalos

I assume he was referring to the Haskell/Hoffman/Elliott affair.

Probably deserves its own thread, mind you, rather than this one ;)

As I'm here then yep, can't dispute most of the OP's points. A couple probably let down the main thrust mind you but hell, everyone else is arguing and I'm off sick so I'll leave them to it ;)

No just that the Trust stance trying to take our owners to task is what I believe the majority of Cov fans want.
Some say they need to stay neutral to encourage dialogue.
Unfortunately that shows with the SCG nothing is achieved with that approach.

It is for the club to convince the fans and the Trust that they want to do well by the club not the other way round

Nick

Administrator
You have gone a bit tony on this thread ;)

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

Users who are viewing this thread