Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 1st Apr (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

3 points off the play offs with 8 to play, let’s not pretend 20k is special

It's pretty imo. I remember going back 10/12 years ago people saying if we ever pushed for the play offs we'd sell 25k+.

And no, I'm not criticising those who cannot make it/afford it. Yes, I understand it's category A. We've all had the debates before about the extortionate cost.

Simple fact is, there would be 20,000 extra people on the bandwagon moaning about not having enough points to get priority Wembley ticket if we ever made the play off final.

Briles

Will be our record attendance for the season tomorrow, mark my words

SkyBlueSoul

More than capable of winning this but can't shake the feeling that the unbeaten run will come to an end sometime soon. I'll go 1-1 though, Hamer to equalise.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Godden Vik

shmmeee

23,201 I believe against QPR.

If you take out midweek games, these have been our attendances in 2023:

1/1 - Bristol - 19,547
21/1 - Norwich - 19,877 (+330)
11/2 - Luton - 20,366 (+489)
25/2 - Sunderland - 21,437 (+1,071)
11/3 - Hull - 22,206 (+823)

So we need another 996 to beat the record, would be on trend. If we can break 24k that’s really impressive, another 1,800. Next game is a bank holiday as well so if we’re still in it, 25k+?

If we stay in the race until the last game Id expect 27/28k v Reading and a sell out v Brum.

Boosh

23,201 I believe against QPR.

If you take out midweek games, these have been our attendances in 2023:

1/1 - Bristol - 19,547
21/1 - Norwich - 19,877 (+330)
11/2 - Luton - 20,366 (+489)
25/2 - Sunderland - 21,437 (+1,071)
11/3 - Hull - 22,206 (+823)

So we need another 996 to beat the record, would be on trend. If we can break 24k that’s really impressive, another 1,800. Next game is a bank holiday as well so if we’re still in it, 25k+?

If we stay in the race until the last game Id expect 27/28k v Reading and a sell out v Brum.

so in other words, over 20k city fans isn’t special at all?

Bugsy

Boosh

All 3 of them will be big players next season. Yes and that includes Tavares. Got a feeling that lad will be a great player. If Vik goes then Tavares and Godden will need to step up. Unless Walker bangs in 5 in the last 8 games and we give him an extension

Only O’hare will ever be a big player out of those 3. The other 2 will end up as bomb squad fodder within 2 years

Captain_Slackbladder

To put it into context, some of the bigger games in our late Premier years at Highfield Road when we had great players didn't sell out. 20,000+ city fans is very good. Just need to keep them coming. Had Stoke been able (and allowed) to fill the away end this would be around 29,000 imo

Legia Sky Blue

I think the definition of ‘Legend’ is becoming a tad silly now. Reda ‘yellow piss’ Johnson on the list now too?!

People get too hung about the term. Its just a commemorative day for ex players, which is great. A few will be legends, some will have been good loyal servants and some will have only appeared fleetingly for us, but they all played for the club, which none of us have been able to do. I think this type of thing makes us more of a 'club' though and those involved deserve a lot of credit for keeping it going. I was interested to read in Tommy Hutchison's book that this type of thing is not common at other clubs, or none that he played at anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread