Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 1st Apr (2 Viewers)

blunted

He did: my old man taught him. Nice kid, apparently, well-mannered, well-behaved, no entitlement, big I-am, etc.
Not like Lineker's son who I have on good authority is a bit of a twat

ccfc_Tom

Listening to the Quickly Kevin podcast the same thing happened with Huckerby. Said he got told hes being sold, said he didnt want to go but was told he had no choice by Richardson. Also said him and Dublin had spent so much time working on their partnership and doing extra in training, he then arrived at training and got told Dublins been sold.

Sky Blue Pete

Listening to the Quickly Kevin podcast the same thing happened with Huckerby. Said he got told hes being sold, said he didnt want to go but was told he had no choice by Richardson. Also said him and Dublin had spent so much time working on their partnership and doing extra in training, he then arrived at training and got told Dublins been sold.
Oggys son too

Alkhen

Just brought a few tickets and there are only a few blocks with any availability. All the Family stand ones bar a few singles have gone (wish I'd got my shit together sooner could have saved a few quid)

Gonna be close to biggest crowd this season I reckon

Astute

The only problem I have with Dublin is that he refused to play before he left. Don't know if the rest about Richardson is true. Seem to remember he wanted to move before the revisionism kicked in
He had already been sold by Richardson. The signing was about to be done.

If you got pushed out at work then got asked to do one more shift would you do it?

What people need to remember is the only reason we managed to sign him was a bad leg break. When recovered he couldn't get into the side. Why would he want to risk another injury for a chairman who lied then pushed him out of the club?

And he would have been a free agent if he didn't sign the new contract. He would have got a massive signing on fee as well as his choice of club. We would have got nothing. It was at the time clubs were getting to grips with what the Bosman ruling meant. Before the Bosman ruling a player out of contract was still tied to the club that held the last contract.

Last edited:

Sbarcher

Having a few days in the Isle of Wight. Blowing a gale at the moment with ferry cancellations expected so hope I can make the game tomorrow.

Great_Expectations

Different experience to usual for me again tomorrow as I’m hosting a couple of tables for work as part of “Legends Day”. I’ve even forced my partner to come, albeit I doubt she’ll watch the game.

I have warned I’ll be the ultimate professional until 3, then it’s a different story!

Great to see it’s a good crowd tomorrow, atmosphere should be great and you’d expect players to be really really up for it.

2-0 Gyokeres x2.

baldy

He had already been sold by Richardson. The signing was about to be done.

If you got pushed out at work then got asked to do one more shift would you do it?

What people need to remember is the only reason we managed to sign him was a bad leg break. When recovered he couldn't get into the side. Why would he want to risk another injury for a chairman who lied then pushed him out of the club?

And he would have been a free agent if he didn't sign the new contract. He would have got a massive signing on fee as well as his choice of club. We would have got nothing. It was at the time clubs were getting to grips with what the Bosman ruling meant. Before the Bosman ruling a player out of contract was still tied to the club that held the last contract.

Dunno why people compare professional football to 'normal' work - I don't have 15,000 people urging me on & on the edge of their seats every time I do some amazing admin duties

Macca1987

I work from home sat in front of a computer, so the only person I can really piss off is myself, which I do on a regular basis

olderskyblue

Different experience to usual for me again tomorrow as I’m hosting a couple of tables for work as part of “Legends Day”. I’ve even forced my partner to come, albeit I doubt she’ll watch the game.

I have warned I’ll be the ultimate professional until 3, then it’s a different story!

Great to see it’s a good crowd tomorrow, atmosphere should be great and you’d expect players to be really really up for it.

2-0 Gyokeres x2.
I’m on a table for Legends day as well, heard the host is a bit of a nob…. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread