Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 1st Apr (2 Viewers)

Bugsy

talking of Biamou.....

......PUSB

Boosh

What do you get from watching Cov? You seem to be endlessly negative. Maybe a new hobby/interest would suit you better

I think Victor Gyokeres is the best forward in the league and it’s incredible that we get to watch him every week.

I think Callum O’hare is a fantastic player who will dominate the championship for years to come.

I think Ben Sheaf and Josh Eccles are great midfielders and Jamie Allen is a huge asset.

All 5 have suffered abuse and criticism on here and none by me. I have consistently praised them. I am far more positive than most

Alkhen

I think Victor Gyokeres is the best forward in the league and it’s incredible that we get to watch him every week.

I think Callum O’hare is a fantastic player who will dominate the championship for years to come.

I think Ben Sheaf and Josh Eccles are great midfielders and Jamie Allen is a huge asset.

All 5 have suffered abuse and criticism on here and none by me. I have consistently praised them. I am far more positive than most
👏 Well stick to that stuff instead of calling out young players before they have even had a run of games or moaning about our support being poor when we are about to get the biggest crowd of the season despite only having a slim chance of getting into the play offs and it costing over £50 for an adult and a kid to attend. the atmosphere has been great this season and I am more than happy with how things are growing considering the dire shite we have had to endure over the last decade +

Also mental if you think Palmer has not been a quality addition

Boosh

👏 Well stick to that stuff instead of calling out young players before they have even had a run of games or moaning about our support being poor when we are about to get the biggest crowd of the season despite only having a slim chance of getting into the play offs and it costing over £50 for an adult and a kid to attend. the atmosphere has been great this season and I am more than happy with how things are growing considering the dire shite we have had to endure over the last decade +

I’ll post what I want but thanks for your input.

stay_up_skyblues

If Vik goes we need a replacement, none of the others come close.

I mean if we want to push on we need a marquee/talisman (and arguably once in a generation) signing to replace him. Pinning hopes on an injury prone (but adequate and loved) 30 something striker and a kid who hasn’t shown anything to suggest he is at the level would be suicide.

We won’t do that anyway and you’d fully expect probably two top end forwards to come in with the dollar.

Hobo

Re: Legends Day, it would be dull to call it Ex Players day. I am not bothered about the status of the players involved. If they pulled on a Coventry shirt during their career and want to still come and support the club they are more than welcome as far as I am concerned. It is clear when you hear some of these ex players interviewed on local radio how much they enjoyed their time at Coventry and still want to see the current team do well.

Great_Expectations

Biamou may not be in the same “legend” category as some, but a) he’s certainly more so than some listed and b) he was a pivotal part of the beginning of journey we’re currently on.

Perhaps it’s seen as “cool” to slate Biamou, but actually it’s pretty nonsensical and narrow minded if his contribution to where we are now isn’t recognised.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Happy Women Empowerment GIF by Warner Music India

Gibbo is is a proper legend.
Ian !

Grendel

Biamou may not be in the same “legend” category as some, but a) he’s certainly more so than some listed and b) he was a pivotal part of the beginning of journey we’re currently on.

Perhaps it’s seen as “cool” to slate Biamou, but actually it’s pretty nonsensical and narrow minded if his contribution to where we are now isn’t recognised.

It’s pretty ridiculous that the social media response mention him 90% of the comments versus Gibson

Who is he more so than those listed in your view?

Grendel

It's probably more to do with the people using Social Media and their age?

I suppose it is - he will probably get the biggest cheer of the lot

I didn’t even know he’d retired

SBAndy

I mean if we want to push on we need a marquee/talisman (and arguably once in a generation) signing to replace him. Pinning hopes on an injury prone (but adequate and loved) 30 something striker and a kid who hasn’t shown anything to suggest he is at the level would be suicide.

We won’t do that anyway and you’d fully expect probably two top end forwards to come in with the dollar.

We don’t need a ‘once in a generation’ signing to replace Vik. That’s hyperbole. We’d need to take the opportunity to improve the squad as a whole and reduce our reliance on 2-3 players to provide the spark.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Anyway, it’s just Former Players’ Association day under a fancier name.

Do Ex players need an invite to attend Legends day?

shmmeee

We don’t need a ‘once in a generation’ signing to replace Vik. That’s hyperbole. We’d need to take the opportunity to improve the squad as a whole and reduce our reliance on 2-3 players to provide the spark.

I just hope we can sign two Viks, as in two young strikers probably out of the Prem academies, who have potential. Plus of course a CM RWB LWB GK and a couple of CBS.

shmmeee

Two more blocks down to singles only today. Could see 24 and 33 going tomorrow so it’s only behind the goal Saturday morning, plus walk up. Would be nice to get the front behind the goal filled.

View attachment 28869

Bit early but as I predicted 24 and 33 now singles only, 32 appearing messes things up a bit, but hoping that patch behind the goal gets filled in now and we sell a load of walk ups.

CEC5037F-4291-4A06-B0D0-BF1FB402A1BF.jpeg

skybluelee

That was just since the new year. And total attendance. We’d hit 20k before new year and I don’t have the numbers for away fans to know if we’ve hit 20k City fans before
Just checked. Tomorrow will be the first. We've had over 19K home fans for QPR, Cardiff and Hull.

stay_up_skyblues

We’d need a 20-25 goal a season striker in the second tier to progress, alongside improving the other areas. That’s what he gives us.

Saddlebrains

I want Adebayo from Luton

SBAndy

We’d need a 20-25 goal a season striker in the second tier to progress, alongside improving the other areas. That’s what he gives us.

5 of the 8 teams above us don’t have a striker on course for 20 this season (would need 17 at this stage). It’s a fallacy.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a ‘nice to have’ but if we signed 3 players (thinking 2 strikers and an AM) that all scored 10 goals then there’s a better return straight away. It’s not that simple but we desperately need goals throughout the team. If Vik had spent 3-4 months injured this season we’d be nowhere, and we need to mitigate against that kind of scenario.

Briles

5 of the 8 teams above us don’t have a striker on course for 20 this season (would need 17 at this stage). It’s a fallacy.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a ‘nice to have’ but if we signed 3 players (thinking 2 strikers and an AM) that all scored 10 goals then there’s a better return straight away. It’s not that simple but we desperately need goals throughout the team. If Vik had spent 3-4 months injured this season we’d be nowhere, and we need to mitigate against that kind of scenario.

Spot on. We are very lucky Viks stayed fit all season. Look at sunderland after they lost Stewart.

Grendel

Well as we all know you wanted to send back Gyokeres and keep your hero Biamou. Shame you don’t go to games you could get a bit excited at half time.

Saddlebrains

Tbf apart from set pieces where we 100% need to sort it out and get more goals from the likes of Fadz, Doyle McNally, our midfield have scored more goals than last season havent they not?

Cant be arsed to see if im right but im pretty sure Allen, Hamer, Sheaf and Palmer have scored or assisted more than last year at this point, definitely feels like it

Users who are viewing this thread