ZERO AMBITION (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Perhaps if our glorius owners hadnt alienated a large part of our fan base, taken the club to northampton and continually belittled fans via fisher then we could have 20,000 turning up but I think even if we did the money wouldnt go towards the team. 8 years of Sisu and their behaviour towards the fans and their constant bullying tactics has taken its toll.

Some on here have very short memories so just a few reminders of why our owners are killing this club.
The bullying and agression shown to fans using banners to demonstrate their feelings
Taking the club to northampton having no regard for the fans
The constant court battles and bullying tactics to get the ricoh and land cheap has resulted in us now being homeless and living in the wasp nest
The sale of every player worth any value and failing to replace them with the money
the sale/ re mortgage of our training ground leaving us with nothing
The appointment of several idiots to run the club one of which wanted to play football manager for the day
The dismantling of any structure at the club ie the scouting system

Whilst Im not happy with ccc either the biggest blame for our position is this hedgefund who have one thing on their minds and thats asset stripping to pay their share holders and when theres nothing left and they have finaly exhausted their attempts to get the ricoh cheap they will walk away leaving us with nothing

Could have 20,000 turning up.

Lol.

D

Deleted member 2477

Is that the best you can do Grendel to defend sisu ?

Look at the gillingham game when we returned from northampton and the increase in crowds when we started winning last season.

Having been treated poorly for 8 years by sisu and no sucess it will take something more than false promises to get stay away fans back. Just a shame sisu arnt prepared to do whats right

Moff

They sure did.

I think we are coming from different angles.

I was referring to the fact that people didn't moan when we had signed Armstrong that Mowbray left it until just before the start of the season that we signed him. Lets face it with the start he had he didn't really need weeks to gel with the team did he.

Yes I also agree people moaned about how late he left signings, just like this year.

fernandopartridge

Look at the gillingham game when we returned from northampton and the increase in crowds when we started winning last season.

Having been treated poorly for 8 years by sisu and no sucess it will take something more than false promises to get stay away fans back. Just a shame sisu arnt prepared to do whats right
The Gillingham game and fans turning up during a good run but not returning if we don't win say it all about our support.

skyblue1991

Perhaps if our glorius owners hadnt alienated a large part of our fan base, taken the club to northampton and continually belittled fans via fisher then we could have 20,000 turning up but I think even if we did the money wouldnt go towards the team. 8 years of Sisu and their behaviour towards the fans and their constant bullying tactics has taken its toll.

Some on here have very short memories so just a few reminders of why our owners are killing this club.
The bullying and agression shown to fans using banners to demonstrate their feelings
Taking the club to northampton having no regard for the fans
The constant court battles and bullying tactics to get the ricoh and land cheap has resulted in us now being homeless and living in the wasp nest
The sale of every player worth any value and failing to replace them with the money
the sale/ re mortgage of our training ground leaving us with nothing
The appointment of several idiots to run the club one of which wanted to play football manager for the day
The dismantling of any structure at the club ie the scouting system

Whilst Im not happy with ccc either the biggest blame for our position is this hedgefund who have one thing on their minds and thats asset stripping to pay their share holders and when theres nothing left and they have finaly exhausted their attempts to get the ricoh cheap they will walk away leaving us with nothing
Bollocks.

We averaged 15000 in the Championship before relegation.

We came back from Northampton and attracted a crowd of 27000. We won that game and the weekend after only managed 11500 against Yeovil.

A fucking fickle bunch of fans, nothing more nothing less.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

Funny that you mentioned Gillingham after coming back from Northampton.

Where were the fans the weekend after? What's your excuse?

Hobo

Funny that you mentioned Gillingham after coming back from Northampton.

Where were the fans the weekend after? What's your excuse?

In fairness the ticketing arrangements for both games were diabolical, I didn't manage to get tickets for either. It wasn't a case of couldn't be bothered.

Astute

Zero ambition? I think that someone is being silly here. So when did our ambitions go up?

singers_pore

you might recall 1983 the first spell under Gould, when the whole team left after Sextons sacking. We were far more underprepared then..

Rubbish. We had already replaced most of those players before the pre season started in 1983. I remember seeing all those new players that Gould had signed such as Pearce, Withey, Bamber, Gynn, Platnauer etc. in a pre season game against Cov Sporting. It's only under SISU we have been so woefully under prepared at the start of the season.

skyblue1991

In fairness the ticketing arrangements for both games were diabolical, I didn't manage to get tickets for either. It wasn't a case of couldn't be bothered.
I'm more talking about the 15000 that went missing after one game.

Orca

I don't have a problem with a 30 year old utility player leaving who has one year left on his contract. I do have a problem with the fact we've let a player go (along with the 10 or 11 others that have already left) with such a short timeframe between now and when the season starts. By the close of the transfer window, we'll have played 10% of our league fixtures and one league cup tie. Cup runs are important to the finances and the 15 points in the league that are up for grabs during August could have a significant bearing on where we finish.

I do trust Mowbray to have things in hand, but as a fan, I worry when I look at the calendar and see our first fixture is in 11 days. At the moment, the senior fit player in our back three is 21 year old Jordan Willis. Even Mowbray himself has said we might get a tonking at Narch tonight. We could bring in new players in the next 11 days, but will they be fit, ready and able to go straight into the team?

Cash is always going to be an issue, particularly the liquidity at this time of the season. It's not exactly like we've got a line of credit to call upon. I remember a few years ago, Blackpool (before the Oystons I think) put their players on contracts that paid them a pittance during the close-season (£90 a week IIRC) and then enhanced wages during the season. Given our parlous financial state, it wouldn't surprise me if we're trying to do this to anyone we're signing up now

torchomatic

It's not the sale of players its the timing I'm moaning about.

Timing? Nonsense. You only have to look on here, Twitter, listen to CWR. You and others just moan, moan, moan. Nothing will ever be right. You jump on the slightest thing and you will continue to do so.

Orca

Timing? Nonsense. You only have to look on here, Twitter, listen to CWR. You and others just moan, moan, moan. Nothing will ever be right. You jump on the slightest thing and you will continue to do so.
So everyone is moaning, in every form of media. Doesn't that tell you something Torch? Where there is a vacuum of good news, people will moan. Can you bring us something positive to cheer us all up?

Astute

So everyone is moaning, in every form of media. Doesn't that tell you something Torch? Where there is a vacuum of good news, people will moan. Can you bring us something positive to cheer us all up?
The last positive news I can think of was when we came back to Coventry. And yes some still moan about that. They make out that there is a missing 15,000 supporters. Yet I have never seen us average anywhere near that number. HR could not hold that many in my time that I remember.

But if we would have been greeted back to Coventry by 12,000 there would have been moans about nobody caring. Some people were just born to moan.

Ashdown

The last positive news was every game we won last season :) Also signing Jones was also quite positive.
I think we both know that if Jones proves to be any good and attracts bidders, SISU will sell him in the next transfer window irrespective of the damage to the CCFC chances !

ajsccfc

That's because we're a homeless struggling team in the third division, at some point we may have to come to terms with this.

Astute

The last positive news was every game we won last season :) Also signing Jones was also quite positive.
There is a difference between positive news and good news. Or are you putting signing Jones or winning a game on a par with us moving back to Coventry? ;)

Ashdown

That's because we're a homeless struggling team in the third division, at some point we may have to come to terms with this.
Accepted but then others wonder why we're not attracting 10,000 season ticket holders and blaming fans apathy for what is essentially a hopeless situation. We are going to achieve nothing but groundhog day and a further diminishing of all assets and worth until we get relegated again..........and then the cost cuts will begin again and the circle of destruction continues.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Accepted but then others wonder why we're not attracting 10,000 season ticket holders and blaming fans apathy for what is essentially a hopeless situation. We are going to achieve nothing but groundhog day and a further diminishing of all assets and worth until we get relegated again..........and then the cost cuts will begin again and the circle of destruction continues.
Standard business practice don't you just love capitalism?

jimmyhillsfanclub

......still, a few beers & a good away day sing song is what its all about......

ClarkeZ

So the point of the post is about the ambition of the club. Yes we are a struggling 3rd division team, no ground, no nothing of any kind. And it might be getting worse. So where do you turn it around? Just wait for a miracle season where everything just happens to fall into place without spending money? We can't do that, it wont happen, at least it's a crazy small chance.

The moans and frustrations are because we had a chance last season, now we have nothing. We barely have a squad to fill a matchday 18, let alone one that can compete at the top of the table. Unless something changes, and we sign and buy players, spend some cash, we are going to go in the same direction we have for 18 years, down. Slowly but surely slip towards the arse end of L1 and suddenly we are fighting relegation to L2. Again, without something changing financially, we will be seeing averages below 10k and be a league 2 team before you know it.

Dark and pessimistic I know, but there's 20 years of evidence to back it up. Something has to change. Id did last year but we are back to where we were before that now, I can foresee another last day scare right now.

robbiekeane

I think we both know that if Jones proves to be any good and attracts bidders, SISU will sell him in the next transfer window irrespective of the damage to the CCFC chances !
Do you actually believe the shit that comes out of your mouth? It's unrelenting.

I suppose life is probably easier if you have a pantomime villain you can just explain away every little problem in life to....

ajsccfc

Dark and pessimistic I know, but there's 20 years of evidence to back it up. Something has to change. Id did last year but we are back to where we were before that now, I can foresee another last day scare right now
I really don't see that happening. The instant turnaround in fortune didn't just coincide with Mowbray and his team coming in, I think we're in an alright position at the moment while a few faces short of challenging, but I don't feel any sense of impending danger at all.

Shakeitup

I think we are coming from different angles.

I was referring to the fact that people didn't moan when we had signed Armstrong that Mowbray left it until just before the start of the season that we signed him. Lets face it with the start he had he didn't really need weeks to gel with the team did he.

Yes I also agree people moaned about how late he left signings, just like this year.

Maybe it's not the case, I can't be bothered to track back to search for the numbers, but this year feels like we have less players than last year. That is with taking Armstrong out of the equation.

Maybe it's just that I am counting the youngsters that have seemed to feature this year as being just that, rather than the spine of the team.

Moff

Maybe it's not the case, I can't be bothered to track back to search for the numbers, but this year feels like we have less players than last year. That is with taking Armstrong out of the equation.

Maybe it's just that I am counting the youngsters that have seemed to feature this year as being just that, rather than the spine of the team.

I have the same feeling, that we have less now than last year, but having seen what Mowbray did last year, I am hoping that the faces will be in for the start of the season. If not I think the worry may well set in.

I think he may also trust a few of the youngsters more this year, and they may get further integration into the team. Lets hope there may be a few gems there, and being overly optimistic they might stay with the club for a couple of season before their sale.

Shakeitup

I have the same feeling, that we have less now than last year, but having seen what Mowbray did last year, I am hoping that the faces will be in for the start of the season. If not I think the worry may well set in.

I think he may also trust a few of the youngsters more this year, and they may get further integration into the team. Lets hope there may be a few gems there, and being overly optimistic they might stay with the club for a couple of season before their sale.

Nice positivity. You know, apart from scoring or winning against a team I particularly dislike, nothing fills my heart more than seeing a player that has come through the ranks do well. So maybe with a bit of your positivity, I could look forward to this season haha!

Moff

Rubbish. We had already replaced most of those players before the pre season started in 1983. I remember seeing all those new players that Gould had signed such as Pearce, Withey, Bamber, Gynn, Platnauer etc. in a pre season game against Cov Sporting. It's only under SISU we have been so woefully under prepared at the start of the season.

Rubbish? I think you need to check your facts.

'We had replaced most the players before the season started' Well they hadn't replaced all the players, which is exactly the same as currently, the only difference being that in 83 we had to replace a whole team, not just a few, and shored up with youngsters, a bit like now.

SISU are shit, but check your facts first as your memory fails you, for example we signed Pearce after the season started, so would love to know how you saw him play for us in a pre season friendly, and Gynn signed just before the season started based on his appearance in a friendly against us for Peterborough.

Moff

Nice positivity. You know, apart from scoring or winning against a team I particularly dislike, nothing fills my heart more than seeing a player that has come through the ranks do well. So maybe with a bit of your positivity, I could look forward to this season haha!

Amongst that positivity, I also have that pit of dread in my stomach!

I try to look forward to it every year, in the hope one year it might come good. Head, bang and wall comes to mind. ;)

Captain Dart

I think he may also trust a few of the youngsters more this year, and they may get further integration into the team.
That is the error Elvis made. Also TM specifically spoke against the policy of relying on youth last season. It generally doesn’t work, not for long anyway.

Moff

That is the error Elvis made. Also TM specifically spoke against the policy of relying on youth last season. It generally doesn’t work, not for long anyway.

I generally agree, as experience is always needed. Even before Elvis we saw what overplaying did to Bigi in the year we went down. He seemed to be drained of confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread