ZERO AMBITION (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

We all know our owners are shite but in this particular case I can't see what other option they had if Bradford offered to double his money.

Say no as he's under contract or at least stick out for a reasonable offer if he is worth twice the wages.
It appears to me that we just grab the first offer and have no real back up when they go.

Nick

Administrator
Say no as he's under contract or at least stick out for a reasonable offer if he is worth twice the wages.
It appears to me that we just grab the first offer and have no real back up when they go.
How do you know it wasn't reasonable?

Grendel

An educated guess, based on past experience over the past 7 years.
Specifically, he was in Austria so was in TM plans up until a few days ago.

So you don't know then.

Grendel

80 grand we gothink apparently. How are we going to strengthen the squad with 80 grand?

How much did we allegedly pay for him?

Grendel

50 grand.

We sold him for less that 6 figures. 80 grand is the figure banded about.

Given he was garbage after Christmas to make a profit on a 30 year old is pretty good.

The league is littered with players like him.

He can be replaced.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I no longer get upset about players moving on it happened before the great Jimmy Hill came and made us Sky Blues, transforming us from the Bantams.

During his reign we sold many favourites including the 'Hud' & Terry Bly. So this has been going on for more than 50 years and you have to accept like the vast majority (even in the Premeirship) we're a selling club. That's how you finance deals and change the squad to improve, hopefully.

By the way our owners are no different to most others and the criticism they get on this site is unjustified and I'd add even if and when new owners come along the same people will still be 'moaning and groaning'.

True fans are around for a lifetime while owners, managers & players ALL move on.

In Mowbray I trust!
Yes the club has always sold players, but the Quality of players the club are signing now and for the last ten years will only mean one thing in my opinion. My Sky Blues are slowly DYING under SISU and there won't be a football club to buy. :(

Nick

Administrator
Yes the club has always sold players, but the Quality of players the club are signing now and for the last ten years will only mean one thing in my opinion. My Sky Blues are slowly DYING under SISU and there won't be a football club to buy. :(
Is that along the pattern of players coming in being shit, but anybody we sell, let go or moves on being a world beater?

Same as how Leon Clarke was shit because he came on a free.

italiahorse

So you don't know then.

No, you don't know.
So you would take someone to Austria and play him in a team preparing for the new season, yet he was not in your plans for the team?
Pre season is currently pointless, so if we actually do get the players in, the first game they play together will be a league game.
We are not giving ourselves a chance and even TM will struggle to pull this one out the bag.
Keep on justifying our unprofessional owners off and on the field. You really are a joke on here.

italiahorse

The complete overreaction to this transfer is unbelievable. I do pray its just a minority of our fans who feel like this, in fact I hope these posts are just your typical internet keyboard melodramatic hyperbole, otherwise I worry for people's sanity.

Your happy that we are missing several key players less than 2 weeks before the season starts ?
I can't remember a season starting so unprepared ......... ever.

PVA

No, you don't know.
So you would take someone to Austria and play him in a team preparing for the new season, yet he was not in your plans for the team?
Pre season is currently pointless, so if we actually do get the players in, the first game they play together will be a league game.
We are not giving ourselves a chance and even TM will struggle to pull this one out the bag.
Keep on justifying our unprofessional owners off and on the field. You really are a joke on here.

You're talking an awful lot of nonsense here.

No one said he wasn't in TM's plans. What are we supposed to do, leave any player at home that we think we might get a bid for ffs?

Of course pre season isn't pointless. Don't be stupid.

Armstrong didn't sign until late in pre-season last year. Murphy didn't even join until after the first game (or two).

Can't believe the overreaction to this sale. It's a 30 year old Romain Vincelot. It's not Keiren Westwood, Scott Dann, James Maddison etc.

Calm down.

Moff

Your happy that we are missing several key players less than 2 weeks before the season starts ?
I can't remember a season starting so unprepared ......... ever.

I thought you had been a fan for years, if so you might recall 1983 the first spell under Gould, when the whole team left after Sextons sacking. We were far more underprepared then.

I am prepared, like last season, to give Mowbray the chance to forge his team and squad. I don't recall anyone moaning that he left it late to secure Armstrong last season.

italiahorse

You're talking an awful lot of nonsense here.

No one said he wasn't in TM's plans. What are we supposed to do, leave any player at home that we think we might get a bid for ffs?

Of course pre season isn't pointless. Don't be stupid.

Armstrong didn't sign until late in pre-season last year. Murphy didn't even join until after the first game (or two).

Can't believe the overreaction to this sale. It's a 30 year old Romain Vincelot. It's not Keiren Westwood, Scott Dann, James Maddison etc.

Calm down.

So he was in the plans and then got sold at this late stage ?
Either way its poor.

Grendel

I thought you had been a fan for years, if so you might recall 1983 the first spell under Gould, when the whole team left after Sextons sacking. We were far more underprepared then.

I am prepared, like last season, to give Mowbray the chance to forge his team and squad. I don't recall anyone moaning that he left it late to secure Armstrong last season.

Or Murphy

italiahorse

Hes not after a couple of players though he's after several.......... hopefully ?
1983 in the top division and survived. I can dream of that ;)

Moff

Hes not after a couple of players though he's after several.......... hopefully ?
1983 in the top division and survived. I can dream of that ;)

A couple is better than a whole team as in 83 ;)

I shudder to recall Ashley Grimes, Raddy Avramovic, Andy Spring and Graham Withey. To think we won the cup four years later...happier days!

chiefdave

Making judgement now is ridiculous. There's time to being in players before the season starts and the transfer window doesn't close until the end of August.

Personally I would have kept Martin, JOB and Vincelot but saying that they were key players in a team that failed to reach the play offs last year. There's no doubt Martin and JOB leaving was down to Mowbray and it sounds like he is OK with Vincelot and may even have made the decision himself. Yes we need players in, but the hysterics we're seeing on the forum in the last couple of days is way over the top.

letsallsingtogether

Making judgement now is ridiculous. There's time to being in players before the season starts and the transfer window doesn't close until the end of August.

Personally I would have kept Martin, JOB and Vincelot but saying that they were key players in a team that failed to reach the play offs last year. There's no doubt Martin and JOB leaving was down to Mowbray and it sounds like he is OK with Vincelot and may even have made the decision himself. Yes we need players in, but the hysterics we're seeing on the forum in the last couple of days is way over the top.

So why is it hysterical?
We care about the team we want to see them succeed, maybe we don't believe our owners care as much as they should.
Heard there are a few coming in but will have to wait and see.

Captain Dart

They sure did.

torchomatic

Vicious circle. Fans won't go, won't buy season tickets then fans moan we have to sell to survive. If we had the attendances that Sheff Utd, Bradford did then maybe we wouldn't have to do it. If you can't be arsed to turn up then you're part of the problem.

This club has always sold players and it always will. It's not a "Coventry City" thing.

italiahorse

He's talking shite at usual. 3 years ago we had a smaller squad and managed to start the season very well.

The problem is, that it's not how we start its how we finish.
No strength in depth is a continued problem.
Also we continue to be very lightweight in height and build and get bullied in most games particularly when our big defenders get injured.

italiahorse

Vicious circle. Fans won't go, won't buy season tickets then fans moan we have to sell to survive. If we had the attendances that Sheff Utd, Bradford did then maybe we wouldn't have to do it. If you can't be arsed to turn up then you're part of the problem.

This club has always sold players and it always will. It's not a "Coventry City" thing.

It's not the sale of players its the timing I'm moaning about.

Gazolba

I think I finally get Mowbray's strategy. Since last season we started off brilliantly then finished as a hopeless shambles. This season he is going to try the opposite strategy, we'll start off as a hopeless shambles but finish strongly.

D

Deleted member 2477

Perhaps if our glorius owners hadnt alienated a large part of our fan base, taken the club to northampton and continually belittled fans via fisher then we could have 20,000 turning up but I think even if we did the money wouldnt go towards the team. 8 years of Sisu and their behaviour towards the fans and their constant bullying tactics has taken its toll.

Some on here have very short memories so just a few reminders of why our owners are killing this club.
The bullying and agression shown to fans using banners to demonstrate their feelings
Taking the club to northampton having no regard for the fans
The constant court battles and bullying tactics to get the ricoh and land cheap has resulted in us now being homeless and living in the wasp nest
The sale of every player worth any value and failing to replace them with the money
the sale/ re mortgage of our training ground leaving us with nothing
The appointment of several idiots to run the club one of which wanted to play football manager for the day
The dismantling of any structure at the club ie the scouting system

Whilst Im not happy with ccc either the biggest blame for our position is this hedgefund who have one thing on their minds and thats asset stripping to pay their share holders and when theres nothing left and they have finaly exhausted their attempts to get the ricoh cheap they will walk away leaving us with nothing

Users who are viewing this thread